PDA

View Full Version : Soon up for sale - Mine !

Belcher
20-09-2010, 07:34 PM
After months of deliberation, I have decided its time to part with the beast. Although I have had the normal run of quirky issues which are inherrent to these cars, I always sort them as they occur. It is great to drive, and (as you all will already know), it certainly turns the heads. It has:

xpower rear boxes
BBK Throttle Body
New accelerator cable
New rear discs
New brake pads (Mintex) all round
Large air intake with large foam filter
Loads of tread on tyres
MG7 rear lights (nearly)
260's car mats
260's Front/Rear car badges
Uprated heater valve
260's silicone heater pipe
Full service history.
Oil service always done when it asks for it
Gearbox and Diff oil recently changed
All normal SE refinements
MOT till about June 2011 - I think !
Tax till end of January 2011

Mileage is about 58.5K

One or two things to sort still to make it 100% which will be completed by the end of this week.

My only problem now, is I don't know what it is worth :o

colintf
20-09-2010, 08:05 PM
sorry to see you selling

:cool:

GeoffW
20-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Sorry you have decided to sell, what will you replace it with ?
we will certainly miss your witty posts :)

AndyG
20-09-2010, 09:29 PM
My only problem now, is I don't know what it is worth :o

Just a few lately:

Model, .......Miles ..Date........Price...........Extras
2003 Mk1.....25k ....09/2010..£7,950
2004 Mk?.....79k ....08/2010..£6,500-£7k.. LGP. trp
2005 Mk2 ....36k................. £7,500...............vsz
200? Mk1 SE.61k ....09/2010 .£7,495 .......Trade
2003 Mk1 ....25k ....09/2010..£8k
2003 ..... SE.34k ....08/2010..£7,395........ZTT..ns
2003 Mk1 SE 65k ....08/2010..£6k............PH

Belcher
21-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Sorry you have decided to sell, what will you replace it with ?
we will certainly miss your witty posts :)
It is a difficult decision, but the rarity has got the better of me. I must be getting lazy in my old age. I would now rather just have to visit my nearest dealer to get spares or service, and not have to trawl the Internet to find the part. Also, I just fancy a change. The 2 year itch has got to me.

As far as replacement goes, I quite a fancy a Marmite car. You'll either love it or hate it. The vehicle of choice is the Chrylser 300C (the 3.0D not the 6.1 V8 :ash). In Silver, with all the toys, and the better Bentley style front grille.

I will say, of all the forums/clubs I am in, or ever have been in, this small collective is by far the best I have ever experienced. You guys are the best. But hey, I am still here for now :D

Edit: So as per Andy's post, about 6,000 to 6,5000 ? What about if I end up PX'ing her. What shall I accept as a sane offer?

AndyG
21-09-2010, 01:05 PM

Edit: So as per Andy's post, about 6,000 to 6,5000 ? What about if I end up PX'ing her. What shall I accept as a sane offer?

Contact James "precious metal (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/member.php?u=953)" he is in the trade.

:)

pessling
21-09-2010, 05:02 PM
i would remove everything and sell it separately, and then sell the car at £6k-6.5k as a basic car, with everything sold separately you'll make more on the car in the overall, which is what i done as no one wanted the price i was asking with all the added extra's

Belcher
21-09-2010, 06:31 PM
i would remove everything and sell it separately, and then sell the car at £6k-6.5k as a basic car, with everything sold separately you'll make more on the car in the overall, which is what i done as no one wanted the price i was asking with all the added extra's
I understand what you are saying Pete, but it's just all the hastle. I am really busy at home and work and cant afford time :(

I would sooner sell it as-is with a price tag of £6600 ovno. Is that reasonable? I dont want to give it away, but then, I dont want it to drag on for ages. Selling cars must be the biggest hate of my life. I just want it to go smooth and quick like the flick of a switch :ash

colintf
21-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Throttle body and XPowers next to take no time to swap over, and could net you another £600 or so ???? Time well invested me thinks

pessling
21-09-2010, 06:38 PM
totally agree colin, worth the hours work, and people on here would bite your arm off, one way to do it is to met up and get them to do the work, whilst you stand there

Belcher
21-09-2010, 07:36 PM
I do still understand - really - I do. But as mentioned, I hate selling cars. I hate the prep-work, I hate writing the adverts, I hate the viewings, the haggling, the waiting for funds, all of it :ash

Surely by already having these much sought after bits already fitted, my audience of buyers is greater?

I want to get it over and done with really fast. Not for a quick sale, but for a quick de-stress! I'll probably live to regret it, and look back thinking I should have listened to you though.

:~

colintf
21-09-2010, 07:42 PM
if you change your mind, there was someone on here looking for a BBK, and I could be interested in teh XPowers

Belcher
21-09-2010, 07:46 PM
if you change your mind, there was someone on here looking for a BBK, and I could be interested in teh XPowers

Will do :thumb

damienp
21-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Throttle body and XPowers next to take no time to swap over, and could net you another £600 or so ???? Time well invested me thinks

Sorry for the hijack, but i would be willing to swap my factory springs and shockers (sat on the shelf in my garage doing nothing), for a bbk and set of xpowers.:offt
But sorry to hear you've had enough belcher - you'll regret it you know ;)

Martin
21-09-2010, 09:14 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't do it you will never have this again .....................out from a days graft staying away in Finchley N3 chose a random pub to wet the whistle (shandy of course) got accosted in the bar and that was it yet another let me take you for a spin:D:D:D:D I have been here for 4weeks and this is the 3rd such event would you get that from a Chrysler ? I'm loving it:D:D:D

pessling
22-09-2010, 11:11 AM
I do still understand - really - I do. But as mentioned, I hate selling cars. I hate the prep-work, I hate writing the adverts, I hate the viewings, the haggling, the waiting for funds, all of it :ash

Surely by already having these much sought after bits already fitted, my audience of buyers is greater?

I want to get it over and done with really fast. Not for a quick sale, but for a quick de-stress! I'll probably live to regret it, and look back thinking I should have listened to you though.

:~

You'd think wouldn't you, perhaps its the time of year that when i was selling mine i had one viewing at gaydon and the second viewer brought it, but again not everyone wants the mod's the BBK would have to be declared to the insurance company and might add a lot for some people. a standard car can be just as desirable to ones with even MG parts on.

AndyG
22-09-2010, 11:38 AM
I've also stuck it on here:
http://worldbreakers.co.uk/index.php?option=com_adsman&task=details&title=mg-zt-260-v8-saloon&id=84&Itemid=66

It's a new sales/auction site so don't hold your breath, but ;)

Belcher
22-09-2010, 02:42 PM
I've also stuck it on here:
http://worldbreakers.co.uk/index.php?option=com_adsman&task=details&title=mg-zt-260-v8-saloon&id=84&Itemid=66

It's a new sales/auction site so don't hold your breath, but ;)

Nice one. Thanks Andy

;)

Belcher
23-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Blimey. 3 people interested already, and I have not even (officially) advertised it yet. Doing the ads this weekend on the normal car sites.

It will be nice to get it over as quick as possible so I feel less pain. A bit like having a splinter pulled out of your ar$e.

No doubt, when I am driving around in my Mafia car, and I see a 260, my heart will sink :(

AndyG
23-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Blimey. 3 people interested already, and I have not even (officially) advertised it yet.

Interesting to know where they heard about the sale??

Belcher
23-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Interesting to know where they heard about the sale??

2 from here, and the other through a friend at work :)

Belcher
24-09-2010, 08:55 PM
TPS now replaced for a nice new one. The loud peddle feels so much better now. I haven't driven it all week as I was waiting for the part to arrive. Driven it today though after running about in the Wife's 206 CC Pug (a whole 2 litres of it). When I got into work, they knew I was back in it from the cheesy grin on my face :D

I missed it, but it's cards are still marked to go to a new owner. It's just my time to change ;)

One viewing this weekend, followed by another Tuesday (friend of a friend). Depending how these go, you may see it advertised elsewhere by the end of next week.

Here it is on its original plates (Early 2004) :

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq246/webbgr/Various/mgztv8-2.jpg

colintf
24-09-2010, 09:07 PM
good luck mate!

Belcher
25-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Here is a link to lots of new photos. These will be used to also advertise elsewhere. The first person to cross my palm with £6,600 wins this :D

Included is the original throttle body, and the original quad exhausts - and some XPG touch up paint!

Oh yes, I made a mistake when I said it was taxed to Jan 2011. In fact, it is Feb 2011.

http://s452.photobucket.com/albums/qq246/webbgr/ZT260/ForSale/

Belcher
27-09-2010, 09:10 AM
Now Sold subject to funds and seeing it driving off :sorry

Now I have sorted the issue with the notchy accelerator, it's much better to drive, and I am now starting to wish I bought an old run-about as a main car, and kept the beast for occasional use. But that would have injured the marriage, so I'll have to live with my decision !

colintf
27-09-2010, 06:05 PM
thats good news then :thumb

Belcher
08-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Now gone :sorry

But to a good home :)

It was a sad moment watching it drive off, and hearing that big V8 burbling down the road.

Thanks for all your support and advice over the couple years of ownership guys :toast

colintf
08-10-2010, 06:57 PM
glad its gone to a good home :thumb hopefully you and its new owner will frequent here still

kcv
08-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Commiserations, hope the new owner takes care of it and deserves to own it.

ColinE
08-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Don't be a stranger Gary

Belcher
11-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Don't be a stranger Gary
So long as my login still lets me, I will still pop in now and again :)

I like you guys :hug