PDA

View Full Version : Servicing and general work

alexcarson
31-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Hi guys,

I was wondering since I know alot of you live in and around Surrey, where is the best place(s) to take my 260 for servicing and any other work? Someone mentioned Peter Wayte at Car Serve in Woking on another thread, is he the best bet? Any other suggestions worth considering within easy driving distance from me in Cheam?

Thanks

ColinE
31-08-2010, 11:38 PM
I'll be frank here

Peter is OK, what he did on mine he did fine, though he did not do some of the things I asked his to do, others have more experience of his work so will let them comment.

There is NJC http://njcautotech.co.uk/ in Aldershot thouh I've not used them

Corin Messenger at Imperial Automotive is not a million miles away and got Tonybubbles #455 back on the road and is rebuilding #007, also now has a T4 - PM Messenger on here

If you want to go further afield there is always Nick at Austin Garages

Nich
01-09-2010, 01:09 AM
I think Womble used to have his car serviced by these people, but I don't have any info on their credentials for 260 knowledge.

http://www.emglondon.co.uk/find-us/epsom.shtml

There is a thread on here somewhere discussing grage recommendations, I will try to find it and post the link.

I have my car serviced by a small independent garage in Dorking, the guy is not a 260 expert but does a good thorough job and is always open to suggestions etc..

Nich.

PS. Just found this from an old post:

I use a garage in Surbiton/Kingston, which won't be too far from you. Very pleased with their attention and their rates are OK (for the area.

Caochworks Motorvalet
20 Southsea Road
Kingston
KT1 2EH
0208 549 9927

Jess or Aubrey are the owners/mechanics. They are just off the road leading from Surbiton Hill to Kingston, behind Kingston Uni's Penrhyn Road centre. They open Sat ams too!

Martin Warner
01-09-2010, 12:31 PM
I have always had excellent service from Peter Wayte and find that he is always prepared to go that extra mile. I had a terrible time when the supercharger caused my engine blow up. Peter could not have been more helpful.

I would not go anywhere else.

Martin

2V8s
01-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Hi,

I have used Peter also on 2 occasions. He is fine and reasonable, very trustoworthy for servicing work - however from experience and the glowing reports of Austin garages for anything more serious I would go the extra effort and take my car up there next time as Peter is still learning on some of the more complex procedures.

I need to get the next service and some other bits and bobs doen shortly for which I will use Peter again. Since you are just down the road from me we may be able to come to an arrangment regarding dropping the cars off if that helps i.e. run down together, leave one car, drive the other person home and same re. collection? His place is near Chobham on the road to Woking.

Otherwise, as for local garages I dont know really, but I know a place in New Malden thats good whi looks after a neighbours Stag, and also the bloke around the corner for me works from his house and is also a trained Porsche mechanic (he works there at Porsche Guildford during the day). Hes good and good rates, so if its a basic service you need - i.e. change oil and filter and fluids etc that could be an option for you? And he'll put a stamp in the book. I would use him myself except Peter Wayte owes me a favour and to replace the wheelarch liner.

Cheers

Aaron

AndyG
01-09-2010, 12:35 PM
I ...................
when the supercharger caused my engine blow up.

Not that old chestnut.

Driving with engine detonation, is the cause of engine failure. not the SC

PUBLIC SECTION

END

alexcarson
02-09-2010, 12:28 AM
I think for the bits i want looking at Peter would be fine by the sounds of it, convenient distance too. I think i will wait till the next service is due before paying him a visit though, about 2k miles left, i use the car everyday so will probably come round quick enough.

Aaron - Depending on how soon you need to take your car in i would be up for sharing some lifts there and back. No worries if you have to go sooner, i can sort something out.

Thanks for your help

Alex

2V8s
02-09-2010, 05:20 PM
ummm, it depends how quickly you'd cover 2k!

i can probably wait a month or two.

alexcarson
02-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Ok give me a shout when you plan to take the car in, i can always give you a lift anyway even if mine isnt ready for its service yet, earn an IOU haha.