PDA

View Full Version : Its going up for Sale

Nigel Lewis
16-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Well, after three fantastic years of 260 ownership, after comming close a couple of times previously, I am now putting my 260 up for sale. I have just purchased another motor, and just cannot justify or find the room to keep 5 cars!!
So, will be pacing an ad over next few days on Pistonheads etc with a view to selling her.
A brief summary.
Vin number 159, registered 24/3/2004, Non SE model, 4 door saloon in the best colour of X-Power Grey:D
The car was professionally converted to LPG in 2006(BRC Kit) and has been registered with the DVLA as an alternative fueled vehicle, which gives a small discount on the road fund licence.
Just turned 79,000 of which i have done 32,000 of those miles. Full service history with 13 stamps in the book, all supported by the invoices. Last two done by Nick at Austin Garages. It is taxed untill Feb 2011, MOT till 24/3/11, and this year has had new rear springs fitted as well as new diff oil, new plugs, new K & N filter, new brake pads front and rear and full LPG service and set up, as well as the normal oil & filter service etc. Has had fuel clip done etc and the car runs like a dream. Has Double Stainless Cobrs exhausts fitted, which gives an amazing soundtrack.
The car has wanted for nothing and no expense has been spared on the servicing and maintanence side.
I am going to put it up for £5,995 ovno, which i believe to be a real competitive price. I have tried to be realistic, as although i think it is worth more than that, as i have purchased my new car, then i would like to move on and not have it sitting around not being driven, which dosen`t do them any good.
So, If you know anyone who may be interested, please point them in my direction Mob 0778 9546 358, email nd.lewis@btopenworld.com
I do also have three spare wheels and a set of rears discs which were obtained through the club which will also be up for negotiation as well.

gaz the gas
16-08-2010, 10:01 PM
i think its a bit to cheap...maybe..6.500...7,000

ColinE
16-08-2010, 10:02 PM
That sure is one hell of a competitive price

Nigel Lewis
16-08-2010, 10:11 PM
I know i know, have thought it over and over, but don`t want to pitch it to high and put people off, but there again, don`t want to let it go to cheaply. Its a difficult one for sure.
I know there are some up in excess of £7K plus, but then they have done half the mileage of mine, although mine is in very good condition, and although has been used as an everyday car, has been well looked after.

SJR
17-08-2010, 07:36 AM
I also feel it is too cheap.

If the wheels are Apex. I would be interested in buying them. I am also interested in the rear discs.

SJR

philthetorque
17-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Yes agree, too cheap, as gaz says £6.5K - £7K which I think is still realistic - good liuck with the sale.

Phil.

Nigel Lewis
17-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. Will probably put it up at a higher figure then and see what happens. For sure the car is definately worth more in my eyes, but just trying to be realistic with how the market is at the moment.
SJR, the wheels are straights, so probably no use to you, but if the car goes am happy to let you have the brake discs.

SH4RKY
17-08-2010, 10:06 AM
haha, its so cheap im tempted to buy it to get access to cheap LPG costs!

colintf
17-08-2010, 06:20 PM
sorry to see you selling.

:cool:

Will.S
17-08-2010, 08:57 PM
That's a very low price,the peace of mind in buying it is worth that. If the cobras are coming off I would be v.interested!

Nigel Lewis
17-08-2010, 09:32 PM
sorry to see you selling.

:cool:
Thanks Colin, its not been an easy decision.
Went out for a blast today, and even after 3 years of ownership, it still puts that grin on your face:D
I have committed to another car now, so am definately selling, but i have to say, it will be sad day when i see it driving off in someone elses hands:mad:

kcv
18-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Hello Nigel
Sorry to see you are selling but at least it is to get another motor.
I'm interested in the wheels, how much are you looking for?

Tim
23-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Whats wrong with you Nigel. Get rid of one of the other cars. :)

Good luck :D

Nigel Lewis
23-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Thanks Tim, have looked at every angle to try and keep her, but the new car is now here, so hence the ad going live.

Presummably, will still be able to stay as a member of this site once the car has gone??

Tim
23-08-2010, 10:42 PM
.......will still be able to stay as a member of this site once the car has gone??

Yes alright then. :D;)

ColinE
23-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Well he did ask nicely after all..............:D;)

Nigel Lewis
24-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Well he did ask nicely after all..............:D;)
Thats because you are all nice people on here:D

kcv
24-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Hello Nigel
As per my earlier post are you interested in selling the wheels separately and how much. I'm not too far from you so easy to collect.

Nigel Lewis
24-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Hi Keith, have just sent you an email.
Nigel.

Nigel Lewis
06-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Well, the car is now sold::(
Just taken a deposit, and its is being collected tomorrow evening. I really am not looking forward to seeing it drive away.
It`s new home will be in Horsham, so not to far away from you Tim. I have strongly recommended that he joins the website, and am sure he will be in touch shortly.
It has been a fantastic three years of ownership, and carn`t really believe its going:sorry

I`m just off now to go for a final blast in her, and set a few car alarms off:D

pessling
06-09-2010, 04:38 PM
mine went today, luckily to an old member of here, so the car will be in good hands. what did you get for yours nigel?

colintf
06-09-2010, 04:55 PM
thats good news Nigel :thumb

ColinE
06-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Well, the car is now sold::(
Just taken a deposit, and its is being collected tomorrow evening. I really am not looking forward to seeing it drive away.
It`s new home will be in Horsham, so not to far away from you Tim. I have strongly recommended that he joins the website, and am sure he will be in touch shortly.
It has been a fantastic three years of ownership, and carn`t really believe its going:sorry

I`m just off now to go for a final blast in her, and set a few car alarms off:D

Only 10 miles from me - any details you can PM?

Nigel Lewis
07-09-2010, 10:44 PM
::(::(::(::(::(::(::(

Says it all really.
Hopefully the new owner will has much enjoyment as i have had over the past three years and 33,000 glourious miles:D

ColinE
07-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Sad day but at least you've got the memories!