PDA

View Full Version : XPower Grey SE for sale

StephenL
06-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Belongs to Powerman from this forum
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1939674.htm

Very good price for an SE with FSH, Accufab, X-Power exhausts, SatNav widescreen update. Add in the cost of a trip over to the Isle of Man to collect and you'll still get a bargain. ;)

Oddcat
06-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Not so sure £7k is a bargain ?

Taking anther sports saloon as an example and assuming similar differentials :

A 2006 Mondeo ST with 25k miles sells for around £7,000 private. A 2004 Mondeo ST (two years older) with 60,000 miles sells for around £4,750 private. The difference being around 33%.

A 2005 ZT V8 with 25k miles sells privately for around £8,000. So, taking the same sort of theory above a 2003 ZT V8 with 65k miles would be around £5,300 ?

Thus, if you are going to pay £7k, you may as well go for a 2004 Mark 2 with half the miles ? Or have I got this all wrong ?

OC

SteveTD
06-08-2010, 03:20 PM
How many Mondeo ST220s were ever made? ;)

AndyG
06-08-2010, 03:28 PM
A 2006 Mondeo ST with 25k miles sells for around £7,000 private. A 2004 Mondeo ST (two years older) with 60,000 miles sells for around £4,750 private. The difference being around 33%.

A 2005 ZT V8 with 25k miles sells privately for around £8,000. So, taking the same sort of theory above a 2003 ZT V8 with 65k miles would be around £5,300 ?

Thus, if you are going to pay £7k, you may as well go for a 2004 Mark 2 with half the miles ? Or have I got this all wrong ?

OC
A different market completely, you can not compare.

:)

peterv8
06-08-2010, 03:35 PM

OC

Comparing our car with a Mondeo!!!
How dare you!:D:D

Merl
06-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Got it all wrong sorry...

Some people prefer the Mk1 look over the Mk2 to begin with. 65kmiles on our engines is nothing and a car that has done less miles can have more wrong or be prone to have more go wrong...

Widescreen satnav unit alone is a few hundred and if it has had the whole upgrade including the MkIV dvd satnav then you are looking at £800 upwards to do it yourself. Xpowers are £400 and Accufab I'm not sure but is that £300ish? depending on when it was registered a Mk1 and Mk2 might of been built fairly close together but have a couple of years of the Mk2 just sitting in a field somewhere...

It really does depend on how much someone wants the car... I think for what he has on it it is a very good price and if I was looking for one now I would go for it.

StephenL
06-08-2010, 04:25 PM

OC

I'm just using the "comparables" method of pricing i.e. what have similar 260s sold for recently? You've got to be careful when comparing though - like Merl says, this car has around £1,500 worth of sought after upgrades and is SE spec (typically sell for 1-1.5K more than non-SE), so compares favourably with almost anything similar that has sold in the last 6 months. However, cars in distant locations (Ireland, parts of Scotland) sell for less, so I think this price takes that into account.

There are two sorts of 260s for sale: those that are sensibly priced and sell within a week or two (e.g. this (http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1813514.htm) and that (http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1808494.htm)) and those that stay up for sale for ages (http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1635174.htm). I would place this car in the former list.

Oddcat
06-08-2010, 04:43 PM
.......but.....but....but....there was a 27k mile 55 plate mint (?) Mk 2 on Pistonheads recently for £6,995. Okay maybe non SE and not with upgrades but half the miles and 2/3rds the age. But looked lovely and not a ferry trip away *

Wasn't trying to compare Mondeo with ZT (honest !) but just making the point re % value difference and chose a sporting saloon that sells for around the same age for age. I could have used BMW M3 or Audi S4. Or any similar car really. A 65k mile 2003 of any car will only be 2/3rds the value of a 30k mile one two years younger won't it ?

OC

* Edit : just realised Stephens link was to same Pistonheads car.

StephenL
06-08-2010, 05:16 PM
.......but.....but....but....there was a 27k mile 55 plate mint (?) Mk 2 on Pistonheads recently for £6,995. Okay maybe non SE and not with upgrades but half the miles and 2/3rds the age. But looked lovely and not a ferry trip away *

* Edit : just realised Stephens link was to same Pistonheads car.

A good example. That car was:

non-SE (worth £1-1.5K)
didn't have any of the standard mods apart from the heater hose (worth a few hundred)
none of the upgrades (exhausts, accufab, satnav - £1,500 new, so say worth £1K)
desperately needed a major service - hadn't been serviced for 2 years (could easily run to £500 or more)

So to compare like-with-like, the XPower Grey one has around £3K extra value (of course it needs a buyer who wants the SE model with upgrades). So now the comparison is:

Mk2 27k 55 plate = £6,995
Mk1 65k 53 plate = £6,995 - £3K additional value = £3,995.

Which doesn't look so bad! And that Mk2 actually came off the production line in Feb 04, so could also be considered a 53 plate!

As I said, the red one was also a good deal (I came very close to buying it), but would have needed a fair bit spending on it after the initial purchase and your rear seat passengers would still need to wind their own windows :p

SJR
06-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Surely its all about the details. I don't think you can judge from the pictures you need to be standing in front of the car, not judging by the photos.

I bought my car because it was a very original, well looked after example. I wasn't really concerned if it was an SE or not. I just wanted a good honest car.

I feel that if it is a really good example it will sell for quite a high price. be it SE or not, or having extras or not.

Oddcat, how many cars have you viewed?

SJR

Merl
06-08-2010, 06:21 PM
A good example. That car was:
non-SE (worth £1-1.5K)
didn't have any of the standard mods apart from the heater hose (worth a few hundred)
none of the upgrades (exhausts, accufab, satnav - £1,500 new, so say worth £1K)
desperately needed a major service - hadn't been serviced for 2 years (could easily run to £500 or more)So to compare like-with-like, the XPower Grey one has around £3K extra value (of course it needs a buyer who wants the SE model with upgrades). So now the comparison is:

Mk2 27k 55 plate = £6,995
Mk1 65k 53 plate = £6,995 - £3K additional value = £3,995.

Which doesn't look so bad! And that Mk2 actually came off the production line in Feb 04, so could also be considered a 53 plate!

As I said, the red one was also a good deal (I came very close to buying it), but would have needed a fair bit spending on it after the initial purchase and your rear seat passengers would still need to wind their own windows :p

See that's how good my post should of looked but I was in work and on my phone...

The thing is prices vary so much at the moment for the our cars. I remember someone buying a supercharged one for roughly £8k or a smidgen under was it? but generally you would be looking at 11k upwards for one of those, just the seller really needed the money!

StephenL
06-08-2010, 06:27 PM
I feel that if it is a really good example it will sell for quite a high price. be it SE or not, or having extras or not.

I've noticed people who own SEs think they are worth more (I'll own up to being one of those) and people with non-SEs think there isn't much difference.
I guess if you bought a non-SE it's because you don't value the SE bits and vice-versa, so both groups are correct :kiss

Phil Evans
06-08-2010, 07:54 PM
It's good to see slightly higher prices for our cars, as most owners are enthusiasts and pamper them. Many of us have also added various mods ... :ash

I particularly enjoyed seeing the 2005 ZT-T SE in "Enjoying MG" going for nearly £10k with 95k miles on the clock !!

MGRV8's seem to sell for £10 - 15k when about 15 years old - hopefully our cars will attain a similar "cult status" in a few years. :D

colintf
08-08-2010, 07:22 PM
It's good to see slightly higher prices for our cars, as most owners are enthusiasts and pamper them. Many of us have also added various mods ... :ash

I particularly enjoyed seeing the 2005 ZT-T SE in "Enjoying MG" going for nearly £10k with 95k miles on the clock !!

MGRV8's seem to sell for £10 - 15k when about 15 years old - hopefully our cars will attain a similar "cult status" in a few years. :D

that ZTT did seem a little overpriced

:cool: