PDA

View Full Version : Black ZT for sale

AndyG
05-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Dupilcated from "Members Only"
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=6853 (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=6853)

so everyone can look.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201029364237157
;)

Oddcat
06-08-2010, 09:04 AM
May 2006.....that will be £425 per year road tax then. Personally, would pay £1k less for a post March 06 registered car than a late 2005 for that very reason. There is an issue generally where a high Co2 model spans the cut off where the later ones are worth correspondingly less (I had a June 2006 [06 plate] Mondeo ST 220 which was worth less than an 05/55 plate one)

Re this car interesting that it's 290BHP. No mention of boosted to 290 just a matter of fact statement. No Sat Nav so presuming is non-SE but with Apex wheels. Maybe MGR just chucked together the last few cars with the bits they had lying around ? No mention of any upgrades.

.....and, in the picture of the nearside wheel, does that look a bit scuffed......I really must get therapy for my wheel scuff obsession !

OC

StephenL
06-08-2010, 11:35 AM
May 2006.....that will be £425 per year road tax then. Personally, would pay £1k less for a post March 06 registered car than a late 2005 for that very reason. There is an issue generally where a high Co2 model spans the cut off where the later ones are worth correspondingly less (I had a June 2006 [06 plate] Mondeo ST 220 which was worth less than an 05/55 plate one)

I can understand a small difference, but not £1K. It currently only saves around £200 per year and there is no guarantee that pre March 06 cars won't pay the top rate in 2011. Notwithstanding, I don't think this one is worth £8,599 for a non-SE model without evidence of the standard mods.

No Sat Nav so presuming is non-SE but with Apex wheels. Maybe MGR just chucked together the last few cars with the bits they had lying around ?
I resent that comment :D
My car (#878) came off the production line a couple of days before production stopped and it's full SE with the additional SE Pack.

NickZT
06-08-2010, 01:08 PM

Re this car interesting that it's 290BHP. No mention of boosted to 290 just a matter of fact statement. No Sat Nav so presuming is non-SE but with Apex wheels. Maybe MGR just chucked together the last few cars with the bits they had lying around ? No mention of any upgrades.

.....and, in the picture of the nearside wheel, does that look a bit scuffed......I really must get therapy for my wheel scuff obsession !

OC

The V8 and Kv6 engined cars registered before 23 March 2006 were only granted temporary tax relief in the 2008 budget, holding them back in band K untill 1st April 2011, giving owners of high polluting cars time to dispose of or except the massive increases!

However we have had a change of Government, so maybe they will extend the tax relief. Guess no one will know for sure untill tax renewalls come through the letterbox next March.

Oddcat
06-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Okay - maybe my "£1,000 less" thing was a bit extreme but that's probably because I would resent paying £200 more for the same thing (if that makes any sense) having done so with the Mondeo for two years !

Stephen - your's must have gotten finished by the skin of it's teeth then ! I wonder what happened to the last few half built ones at shutdown ? I remember the liquidators getting people to finish of a few TF's and what have you. No doubt half finished cars were crushed or broken for parts or whatever. Shame. Could have done with them building a couple of thousand then I might've had a chance of finding the one for me (dark colour, non SE, 11 spoke wheels, half leather etc) from a greater pool of cars.......

Edit 1 : I hadn't realised the Road Tax was going to be further backdated from 2006 in 2011. Ouch !

Edit 2 : Blimey Nick that's a lovely looking car. An 07 plate ! Those Apex wheels look superb in the bright silver. I always think the 'smokey chrome' finish looks like brake dust (yes, before someone with smokey chrome beats me up, we all know I have wierd taste !). That's why I prefer the 11 spoke non SE's as they seem always to be the bright finish.