PDA

View Full Version : Rear seat back stuck and won't fold down

Willieo
04-08-2010, 02:32 PM
One side seems to be free but the other is stuck. The buttons are stuck right down and I cant fold the eat back down with it stuck one side. I remember having an MOT problem on this before because of the loose side but I guess it was missed the next time.

Any secret ways to free it and get it secured properly?

JohnB
04-08-2010, 03:03 PM
One side seems to be free but the other is stuck. The buttons are stuck right down and I cant fold the eat back down with it stuck one side. I remember having an MOT problem on this before because of the loose side but I guess it was missed the next time.

Hi, this old thread might help, it certainly worked on mine.
Cheers, John.

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=3106&highlight=seat

SH4RKY
04-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Mine are a little stiff now and again... I just bang them until they pop up. :)

NOCTURNAL
04-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Mine are a little stiff now and again... I just bang them until they pop up. :)

Likewise I have found a dull solid thud to pop them up when a lil sticky, but mine have never stuck firm... interesting thread JohnB linked to...

I hadn't seen it, but its the type of thing I would ahve found out myself, as I wouldn't have let it beat me LOL.

SJR
04-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Mine always sticks and I can never get the seat back down. I always have to us a metal rule to slide between the catch.

its really annoying and useless.:fight2

SJR

Willieo
04-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi JohnB how do I get those links to work? It says I don't have permission?

ColinE
04-08-2010, 06:41 PM
You do not have access to the links as you are not a full member - when you registered Tim will have sent you and email with a questionnaire, once this is completed and returned to Tim you'll get full access.

SH4RKY
04-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Its another quality BMW part i believe.... Just like the fuel filter that comes undone...

haha ;)

ColinE
04-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Ah the wonders of German engineering :D:~:D:~:D:fight:fight2

wraith01mg
24-08-2010, 07:54 PM

I have the same prob. on mine. When i sort i'll let you know if my way differs from the link. What do you think. A dirty great German Hammer;)? Proberly get stuck.