PDA

View Full Version : 260 wanted

worthp
29-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Thought I would introduce myself to everyone. I currently own an 05 plate zt cdti in which I've covered 60,000 miles in the past 4 years. I now find myself in a position where I am covering less than 4,000 miles per annum so have decided to take the plunge and upgrade to a 260.
I've been browsing this site for a while now so fully appreciate how difficult it may be to find the right car. Ideally I am after a low mileage model, preferably monogram. Would prefer SE but may consider non SE. I am in no rush so if any owners out there are not thinking of selling at present, but may be in the future then please try to remember this post.
I am in a position to make a cash only transaction, but would also be willing to part exchange my cdti which is the top spec version.
One last question: I think I'm right in saying that the non SE model does not have the rear parking sensors ( an absolute must for me). Is it still possible to get the MG standard parking sensors fitted to a model that does not have them?
Thanks in advance for any help/ advice that can be given.

Peter.

pessling
29-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Are you peter that i have already spoken to about my silver 260?

worthp
29-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Hi Peter (Essling),

No I am not that Peter. I'm another Peter (Worth). Too many bl***y Peter's for my liking!

Peter Worth.

SteveTD
29-07-2010, 03:29 PM
I have a friend who is interested in a ZT CDTi - any more details?

worthp
29-07-2010, 04:21 PM
SteveTD,

Thanks for your interest. I am not actively trying to sell my car as yet, as I wish to keep it until I have found a 260.

The car was registered and first sold by SMC around May 05. I then bought the car off SMC Slough in December 05 with 4,000 miles on the clock. It now has 64,000 miles on the clock. It is the 135+, silver in colour, has the Driver's Intelligence Pack, cruise control, front and rear electric windows, TrafficMaster etc etc. When I bought it SMC told me that it had been chipped up to a 160 something. Apparently they are usually chipped up to a 150, but mine had been chipped to the next level (can't remember the figure exactly). I still have the original chip to return the car to a 135 but have never felt the need to do so. Usual Service History.

Peter.

pessling
29-07-2010, 04:26 PM
My silver zt 260 se is for sale has all the toys. plus improvements, fine it in the forsale section

worthp
29-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Hi Peter,

Yes I have been watching with interest since you announced that your's was for sale, and had it been a monogram I would have been in touch with you long ago. I find myself in the strange position of really liking the silver, yet wanting something different for a change.....mine is also silver!

I guess what I am really after is something like Willow's old car in monogram, or as close as I can get. I should have come on here six month's ago and maybe I would have pipped Rob to it.

I appreciate that most people may be thinking "That guy's got no chance of finding something like that", but I am prepared to wait. If I don't find what I'm after, well, "nothing ventured, nothing gained".

Peter

SteveTD
29-07-2010, 05:13 PM
There's a non-se monogram one on autotrader - looks like typhoon to me?

colintf
29-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Hi and welcome.

good luck hunting :thumb

colintf
29-07-2010, 05:54 PM
There's a non-se monogram one on autotrader - looks like typhoon to me?

I believe that is #189 and would indeed be Typhoon in colour

worthp
29-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Does anybody know anything about #189 - history etc.

Any info would be much appreciated.

colintf
29-07-2010, 06:13 PM
must admit, it's not a car that I know of, and not on AndyG's list of known cars either.

That doesn't mean that you should dismiss the car though

:cool:

Tim
30-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Shows as a pre-reg and was registered by MGR themselves as the dealer number starts with a K. Other than that there is nothing on my radar. Be good to get it into the 'collective' Peter. Welcome aboard.

Does anybody know anything about #189 - history etc.

Any info would be much appreciated.

worthp
30-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Many thanks to all for the info you have provided.

SteveTD - special thanks to you for bringing this one to my attention. I had already looked at this, seen it was non-SE and thought it was Trophy Blue. I really need to get my eyes tested.

Anyway I went and saw it in the flesh this morning and I can now proudly announce that I am the new owner of VIN #189 in Typhoon. The colour movement from blue to green and purple is just amazing. I was hooked immediately.

I will have the car in my possession mid next week when I will start a new thread requesting forms to fill in, and provide a little of the car's history. All the paperwork has been kept with the car so I can pinpoint service and mot dates with associated mileage.

Peter.

Tim
30-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Congratulations. :pt

The form was sent to you when you registered Peter.

Thats better the balance is coming back, one Peter is selling and another buys. :D

SteveTD - special thanks to you for bringing this one to my attention. I had already looked at this, seen it was non-SE and thought it was Trophy Blue. I really need to get my eyes tested.

Anyway I went and saw it in the flesh this morning and I can now proudly announce that I am the new owner of VIN #189 in Typhoon. The colour movement from blue to green and purple is just amazing. I was hooked immediately.

I will have the car in my possession mid next week when I will start a new thread requesting forms to fill in, and provide a little of the car's history. All the paperwork has been kept with the car so I can pinpoint service and mot dates with associated mileage.

Peter.

colintf
30-07-2010, 05:40 PM

Peter.

well done Peter :thumb that was quick

ColinE
30-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Bloody good news - well done

SteveTD
02-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Excellent new Peter! You're going to love it. I was also hooked immediately the first time I saw a monogram colour. Be prepared to discuss the car with complete strangers every time you get petrol (so every other day then!), every time you park it even when you slow down in traffic with your window down!!

S

ColinE
11-08-2010, 11:20 PM

Peter.

Hi Peter - how are you getting on with the new car?

precious metal
13-08-2010, 03:27 PM
I see the Typhoon ZT 260 saloon is still for sale, did Peter (WorthP) buy the car or not as seen no update.

someone has asked me if i know anything about it, but only read about the car details on here.

regards

JB

colintf
13-08-2010, 05:45 PM
I noticed the advert still on autotrader last night

worthp
17-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Sorry to all for delay in posting. I have just posted a new thread in the public area confirming ownership.

Thanks to all.

Peter.

colintf
17-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Sorry to all for delay in posting. I have just posted a new thread in the public area confirming ownership.

Thanks to all.

Peter.

Good man Peter :thumb

Tim
23-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Hey Peter

You've turned green. :D

Thanks to all.

Peter.