Uprated heater hose
Uprated 3 way heater valve
Stainless steel wheel bolts
Jules fan resistor upgrade
Twin horns

Full service history with SMC high weycombe and Uxbridge
Major C service carried out in January including Brand new battery
Diff oil changed last changed june 10

Car has always been well looked after regularly washed. Clayed three times a year including polishing and waxing

Currently on my private reg which will be retained by myself

Low mileage, excellent condition, fsh, many essential mods

£ 7500

It pains me to have to drop the price so low.

Unfortunately the car now has a dent right in the centre of the bonnet from a tree branch, Hench the lower price. I can source a bonnet ready for a body shop to spray to match, but isn't worth my while at the minute to get it done due to time and having other things that need to be done.

Not the car does not come with the widescreen sat nav or mg7 rear lights, or x powers. Standard SE spec car with skirts, these are the most current pictures i have so the reason for showing all the mods.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m26/pmessling/IMG_8966.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m26/pmessling/IMG_8882.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m26/pmessling/IMG_8959.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m26/pmessling/SNC00114.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m26/pmessling/CIMG1234.jpg

colintf
20-07-2010, 07:08 PM
whoever buys this will be lucky to own a great example of "our" cars

:cool:

Tim
20-07-2010, 11:36 PM
A fine car indeed. :)

ColinE
20-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Sad you've decided to let her go Peter but as has been said whoever buys will get a great example of a great car

colintf
21-07-2010, 07:12 AM
if i was looking and had the money i would be already knocking on Pete's front door :cool:

Keith
21-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Peter get your plate changed asap
It takes time for the V5 to come through 3-4 weeks
So you might miss out on an impulse buyer!

pessling
21-07-2010, 10:09 PM
yeah its on my to do list. can you get the form from the post office?

pessling
21-07-2010, 10:10 PM
found them, they are downloadable so should speed things up

GeoffW
22-07-2010, 08:31 PM
[QUOTE=colintf;64536]if i was looking and had the money i would be already knocking on Pete's front door :cool:[/QUOTE

Would that be to help him count the cash:D because if I was after one I would have snapped it up by now, good luck with the sale Peter thats one fine car
you have there, sorry to see you go from here, but hey if the TVR dream turns out to be a nightmare then you can always come back to the fold , so 4 years trouble free with the 260 .......... whats the chance of the next 4 being the
same :rolleyes:

colintf
22-07-2010, 08:36 PM
I hope Pete continues to stay within the Two-Sixties fold (with or without the car)

Pete's forum input and knowledge would certainly be missed!

ColinE
22-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Pretty sure he'll stay around - he's contributed massively to the forum and after all he needs to keep his post count up
:D:D:D:fight3:go:go:sorry

pessling
24-07-2010, 07:32 PM
new price .......

Oddcat
25-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Hello Peter

I said on the other thread that I couldn?t buy silver??.then I saw the photo?s above and, actually, it looks lovely. So I?m a chump for dismissing it. If ever I was going to buy one of these it should be yours I think. Judging by your posts you are very knowledgeable on 260?s and a thoroughly decent bloke who loves his cars. Am a bit concerned that I haven?t yet had time to research best mods, common problems etc though.

You seem to be doing a break up ?sum of the parts? thing for the mods now (which is understandable) but it?s a shame to take out X powers, accufab and cold air induction (they are not absolutely necessary but I?m guessing mega desirable none the less).

You are asking £900 for the parts above + £8,250 for the car without. Assuming car is as described and comes with all the other usual small mods done (fuel clip, heater hose etc ?) and has good tyres, I?d be happy to pay £8,400 for the car with the x power exhausts, accufab and cold air induction remaining on it. I guess this is (sort of) the same as selling without mods for £7,500 assuming you can sell the mods for the prices quoted. ?

Please PM (?) if you are interested in pursuing a deal. I assume you can do this with me being a non full member ? Will absolutely understand if you want to pass and hold out for a better price but would assure you that my offer is genuine........

Regards

Dave

Edit - apologies for wierd format with lots of ? characters - I typed in Word and pasted in and appostrophies seem to have morphed !

SJR
25-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Peter has been helping me with my car today, and I have been having a good look round his car. It really is a VERY good example.

I am sure as soon as someone views it they will buy it.;)

SJR

StephenL
26-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Am a bit concerned that I haven?t yet had time to research best mods, common problems etc though.

Spunagain's page (http://www.spunagain.co.uk/ZT260page.html) has everything you need to know about common problems and the solutions.

A fair summary of best mods is what Peter has on his car (widescreen satnav, xpowers, AccuFab, etc.)

Oddcat
26-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Hi Peter

Have just seen the other thread where you say you're starting "dismantling" on Saturday (two days ago) and promising bits to various folks so looks like I'm too late.

Never mind. Good luck with the sale and with the purchase of a nice TVR - they are amazing things (I used to have a Chimera but they are not in same league as Cerbera / Tuscan).

Regards

Dave

pessling
26-07-2010, 10:09 AM
don't know if you got my pm, or if you can get them but did offer the car to you for £8600 with the accufab and x powers still fitted and the offer is still valid?

I haven't promised parts to anyone as the car is still complete up till Saturday when i go to gaydon to increase its publicity

Oddcat
26-07-2010, 10:57 AM
PM has worked. Sorry, completely misunderstood how that worked (for some mad reason I was expecting an email directed to my Tiscali account - d'ohhh !)

Will reply to pm now....

Dave

pessling
30-08-2010, 03:54 PM
New price, as i need it gone now. don't like it being outside on the road, and want someone to take it to appreciate it.

Unfortunately the car requires a new bonnet or a trip to a body shop as a branch has fallen on it and damaged the centre of the bonnet. I say a new bonnet because of where it is and the work involved would be easier to use a new or used good condition bonnet.

colintf
30-08-2010, 06:56 PM
sorry to see price drop and hear about the bonnet.

i see you are also selling off the 16:9 kit as well at a bargain price http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=67817

good luck with the sale Pete

pessling
30-08-2010, 07:04 PM
cheers colin. used the car to go down to bournemouth this weekend, perfect as always, only noticed the dent sat when i went to check the oil before leaving. Annoying really but guess it happens. I hope it was where it fell and not someone having done it

Silver One
01-09-2010, 03:46 PM
cheers colin. used the car to go down to bournemouth this weekend, perfect as always, only noticed the dent sat when i went to check the oil before leaving. Annoying really but guess it happens. I hope it was where it fell and not someone having done it

Peter - can you PM me your phone number so I can call you about the car?

Cheers

James

pessling
06-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Car is now sold.

colintf
06-09-2010, 04:54 PM
that's good news Pete.

I hope you got what you wanted for it and that the new owner is on here soon

pessling
06-09-2010, 05:20 PM
the new owner used to have one and is still a member here so i'm sure he'll make himself know once again.

Ajay
06-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Good news Peter.

Silver One
06-09-2010, 07:43 PM
the new owner used to have one and is still a member here so i'm sure he'll make himself know once again.

Hi All

I'm the new owner! ;) Great car from Peter, really pleased to get a car so well looked after and that needs nothing doing to it! I've been missing the 260 since I sold my M1 last October, but always felt my old car wasn't up to scratch, this car is loads better than my old one and will be a great addition to the family!

Hope to be more active on the forum also...

James

spartacus
06-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Don't have to change your forum handle then! They did other colours you know... :p

ColinE
06-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Welcome back

GeoffW
06-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Welcome along James, perfect example you have there, don't forget to have a good rummage around the back seat area, could be a few coins lurking I bet, word on the street is Peter used the car for a bit of 'courting' over recent years so you never know what you may find :) happy motoring

colintf
07-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Hi All

I'm the new owner! ;) Great car from Peter, really pleased to get a car so well looked after and that needs nothing doing to it! I've been missing the 260 since I sold my M1 last October, but always felt my old car wasn't up to scratch, this car is loads better than my old one and will be a great addition to the family!

Hope to be more active on the forum also...

James

congrats on buying a great car and welcome back James :thumb