PDA

View Full Version : decent car deodorant/new car smell

black olive
06-07-2010, 02:41 PM
The Mini and the Zafira both get used for allotment duties/taking to stables, picking up from stables, and tend to whiff a bit from time to time, particularly when its hot and the windows are closed.

is there a decent product available that wil actually deodorise the interior, and not just briefly mask the smell liek air fresheners do- prferably one with that "new car" smell that dealers seem to achieve.

Stu C
06-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Hmm dont know about the new car smell, no one appears to match it (or as im aware anyway)

But autoglym odour eater does its job and smells nice too :) Failing that fabreeze lol!

pessling
06-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Good clean and hoover, and get some carpet cleaner on any mats that can be taken out, I recently used some turtle wax foaming carpet cleaner which worked well plus some AG interior spray which smelt nice if a little strong when it was in the car.

gaz the gas
06-07-2010, 04:15 PM
buy a dirty old van instead.......

AndyG
06-07-2010, 05:35 PM
The Mini and the Zafira both get used for allotment duties/taking to stables, picking up from stables, and tend to whiff a bit from time to time, particularly when its hot and the windows are closed.

is there a decent product available that wil actually deodorise the interior, and not just briefly mask the smell liek air fresheners do- prferably one with that "new car" smell that dealers seem to achieve.

Green Meadows from Amway is brilliant. and a nice country smell;)

spartacus
06-07-2010, 08:46 PM
... eat more curries? I always like the smell of myself after a curry :D

SH4RKY
06-07-2010, 11:31 PM
I liked the smell of the dangly MG thingy that Kieth left in my car... wouldnt mind another actually.

AndyG
07-07-2010, 12:35 AM
I liked the smell of the dangly MG thingy that Kieth left in my car... wouldnt mind another actually.

Is it the smell of POWER? :D

John Newey
07-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Well we have a machine that plugs into the cigar lighter called a "restorator by vaportek" can't remember where from or how much, but leave it plugged in overnight and your car will come up smelling like roses (without the manure:D!)

GeoffW
07-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Hopefully when you find out the price you wont need a 'respirator' :)

black olive
08-07-2010, 09:01 PM
thanks for the tips- well Ive shake and vacced and put the freshness back in the mini. luckily Jedward didnt come tumbling out of the tube !!