PDA

View Full Version : How much for a 260?

robert.jamieson
03-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Hi all,

Off to look at a BRG 260 SE tomorrow. It's only got 4K on the clock, full history and is apparentley as new! Full cream leather.

Any thoughts on value?

Would come with full tank, 1 years mot and tax.

I've got a figure in mind and have informally agreed this with the vendor but I just want to check that it's about the right ball park.

Cheers

Rob

Tim
03-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Eeek! how longs a piece of string. What ever you pay will be the right price. :)

4k on the clock 8 - 10k perhaps.

The car's not living in Guildford is it? Sounds like Willows

ColinE
03-07-2010, 07:25 PM
I thought of Willow's too - and agree up to 10k.

If it is willows and I had the money I'd pay that for it

StephenL
03-07-2010, 10:22 PM
This one is so hard to put a price on due to having such low mileage. On the one hand, it's quite a reasonable age (6 years old), but adjusting for the low mileage, maybe £8,500? On the other hand, if you could find a buyer who saw it as almost getting a £30K+ new car - what price would they pay???

I think Tim & Ragman are pretty much in the right area though.

Anyway, best of luck to both parties - I hope you come to an agreement that you're both happy with and the car gets an enthusiastic new owner!

John Newey
04-07-2010, 08:38 PM
If I remember right, then I think £12000 was mentioned sometime back? How do you value a car like this? Only 4000 miles probably makes it the lowest mileage MG ZT260 and that also means it's probably in tip top condition. If the car is what you want, then throw any price guides out of the window! As has already been said-it was £35K new, so it's gotta be good value at anywhere around £10K today. You won't regret it:D!

robert.jamieson
04-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Thanks chaps,

Well, I'm the proud owner of a ZT 260 SE! :D Well, I put a deposit on it anyway. Unfortunately I have to wait until August to collect it as the private plate has to be removed. Can't wait. Yes, it was Willow's car.

It was mint, bar a few small scratches on the rear bumper and one on the passenger door plus a couple of marks on the wing mirrors. All of which should be buffable! I hope. It really was mint apart from that. Sounded perfect, no driveline shunt or any knocks etc... Soooo clean underneath. Definite concours potential. The wheels were perfect as was the leather, even the drivers side seat! Plus it's got extra air bags and traffic master. Even the cruise control worked perfectly. What a car, and in BRG with only 4180 miles on the clock. Superb!

He's going to fully service it, MOT it, and put a full tank in as well. Plus there is tax until end of March. There is also a spare alloy and tyre in addition to the foam. I'm pretty chuffed really. You have to treat yourself every now and then, otherwise, what's life about!?

Could someone send me the joining up form?

Cheers

Rob

John Newey
04-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Well congrats and welcome to the club. Next is talk to Brian at Dreadnought Garage about a supercharger at only around £7.5K and hey presto 400PS:D!!! Tim's your man for the questionaire and it's worth checking out the various simple remedies for heater hoses, fuel clip etc. Good luck and welcome!

robert.jamieson
04-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Chaps,

Do I need to do a data check on this car? I know it's well known on the Forum, but is it worth doing anyway :confused:

Cheers

Rob

ColinE
04-07-2010, 08:54 PM
I wouldn't bother but at the end of the day it depends if you want the peace of mind

When you registered you should have got a welcome email from Tim - in it should have been a questionnaire

Well done on your purchase

Jules260
04-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Thanks chaps,

Well, I'm the proud owner of a ZT 260 SE! :D Well, I put a deposit on it anyway. Unfortunately I have to wait until August to collect it as the private plate has to be removed. Can't wait. Yes, it was Willow's car.

It was mint, bar a few small scratches on the rear bumper and one on the passenger door plus a couple of marks on the wing mirrors. All of which should be buffable! I hope. It really was mint apart from that. Sounded perfect, no driveline shunt or any knocks etc... Soooo clean underneath. Definite concours potential. The wheels were perfect as was the leather, even the drivers door! Plus it's got extra air bags and traffic master. Even the cruise control worked perfectly. What a car, and in BRG with only 4180 miles on the clock. Superb!

He's going to fully service it, MOT it, and put a full tank in as well. Plus there is tax until end of March. There is also a spare alloy and tyre in addition to the foam. I'm pretty chuffed really. You have to treat yourself every now and then, otherwise, what's life about!?

Could someone send me the joining up form?

Cheers

Rob

Congratulations - with that mileage you've got a virtually new piece of history!:)

Tim
04-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Can always ask Willow on any questions you have about the car but I think he did all the mods. Can PM him.

As Ragman said you will have the questionnaire link as part of your registration but if you can't find it PM me.

Well done on buying a fine car.:D

StephenL
04-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Congratulations Rob - I know you've been looking for a while and I definitely think it's paid off. Now it's my turn to find a car :)

I sold my ZT190 yesterday, so there is now a space outside the house waiting for a 260! I'm not fussy: just low mileage + Red + Mk2 + SE :D
(being serious though - does this car even exist anymore!? Life would be so much easier if I liked Silver :~)

black olive
04-07-2010, 10:18 PM
very good sounds superb

colintf
14-07-2010, 05:56 PM
nice one well done :cool:

willow
09-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Hi Guys. I've not been on for a while and just saw this thread about my baby.

She's due to leave me in two days time and I'm feeling very glum about it (especially after reading this thread!!)

I really don't want to sell her and have quietly been hoping Rob may change his mind!

I bought myself a XKR and a condition of purchase (by my wife) was that the 260 and my SLK must go!!

Robs getting a virtually brand new car that's always been garaged. He's a lucky fella I think! It's a real piece of history and irreplacable. I'm feeling well gutted.

Rob's a really nice guy so I'm sure he'll be a great addition to the forum.

:(

robert.jamieson
09-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Hi Guys. I've not been on for a while and just saw this thread about my baby.

She's due to leave me in two days time and I'm feeling very glum about it (especially after reading this thread!!)

I really don't want to sell her and have quietly hoping Rob may change his mind!

I bought myself a XKR and a condition of purchase (by my wife) was that the 260 and my SLK must go!!

Robs getting a virtually brand new car that's always been garaged. He's a lucky fella I think! It's a real piece of history and irreplacable. I'm feeling well gutted.

Rob's a really nice guy so I'm sure he'll be a great addition to the forum.

:(

Cheers Willow! :o

Can't wait, see you on Wednesday.

Rob

Tim
10-08-2010, 08:47 PM
You've got a find car Rob :)

Tim
13-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Robs lovely car.

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/gallery/albums/500/medium/RobJ_s_car.JPG

willow
18-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Still looking beautiful I see!! Nice that she's being so well cared for. :)

colintf
18-11-2010, 06:57 PM
very nice! British racing Green?

:cool:

willow
21-11-2010, 08:01 PM
very nice! British racing Green?

:cool:

Yes, BRG.

The darker of the three BRG variants I was told by the dealer when I bought the paint stick for her. He said there was three different codes for BRG and they were each very different!

John Newey
27-11-2010, 09:49 AM
British Racing Green has had more sequels than Friday the 13th:D!! British Racing Green, British Racing Greens I II & III and that's not counting Racing Green (sometimes mistakenly referred to as British Racing Green) that was used on the MG SV and SV-R. Why don't they just use the same pot of green paint?