PDA

View Full Version : 2 days of cleaning

pessling
18-06-2010, 06:41 PM
2 days of cleaning and is now raining :mad::mad:

Yesterday consisted of:
Left front brake caliper repainted, although should have redone the right hand as well :ash

Diff oil changed

Wheels cleaned inside and out and sealed using poor boys wheel sealant (excellent stuff)

Roughly painted ABS module bracket, got a new one but looked a pain to swap

Hoovered inside of car and collected all the loose change that i always accumulated under the drives seat

Sun burn to my neck that isn't much fun when putting a t-shirt on:(

Today
snow foamed
pressure washed
washed two bucket method with megs
Windows clayed well worth doing surprised how dirty they are even after a clean
clayed with zanio clay
washed with megs
pressure washed
dried
polished with Megs
waxed using collinite 915 what a pain in the arse to rub off think i'll be getting some more R222
tyres and front bib blacked with tyre black stuff Megs
windows with fast glass from megs

ColinE
18-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Blimey - and I was pleased with myself for washing mine before it's trip up to Austins in the morning

Herman
18-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Nothing wrong with a 20 quid full valet, can't be asked to do it myself :D

colintf
19-06-2010, 07:36 AM
after 2 days of driving mine is covered in flies, from england, france, belgium, germany, denmark and sweden. No idea which are from where though

:~

Malcolmr
19-06-2010, 11:45 PM
after 2 days of driving mine is covered in flies, from england, france, belgium, germany, denmark and sweden. No idea which are from where though

They should be easier to clean off than those damned Aussie locusts though - I can still smell them smoldering away in the radiator core!

Stu C
20-06-2010, 12:05 AM
They should be easier to clean off than those damned Aussie locusts though - I can still smell them smoldering away in the radiator core!

I bet that was definatly one of those jobs you wished you had never started!

Colin - Autoglym bug and tar remover is the stuff! - Works wonders with a few hundred miles of Welsh/English countryside bug remains :D

ColinE
20-06-2010, 12:15 AM
Worst I had was when I hit a deer at 80 in my 190, lets just say I know what it's last meal was as I had to clean it out of what was left of the bumper/grill/rad

Unpleasant

colintf
23-06-2010, 09:21 PM
I bet that was definatly one of those jobs you wished you had never started!

Colin - Autoglym bug and tar remover is the stuff! - Works wonders with a few hundred miles of Welsh/English countryside bug remains :D

thats what i use Stu.

Sometimes after that they still dont want to come off!

:cool:

pessling
23-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Clay baring or use AG tar remover, dab it on let it do its stuff and they should come off, most should come off using a pressure washer.

colintf
23-06-2010, 09:25 PM
thanks Pete.

I wouldn't use a pressure washer on a car though personally.

:cool:

pessling
23-06-2010, 09:27 PM
as long as you don't hold the lance too close to the bodywork they are fine and not to stay in the same spot

GeoffW
23-06-2010, 11:00 PM
could try soaking paper towells for a few hours, it is surprising how hard dried insects are, if you have a bike with exposed forks always remove them when you get home otherwise they will ruin the fork seals

colintf
24-06-2010, 07:24 PM
shes clean again today (most of teh flies are off)

my engine bay isn't up to some standards though, only opened her up to check the fluids, not to clean in there as well

ColinE
24-06-2010, 11:20 PM
shes clean again today (most of teh flies are off)

my engine bay isn't up to some standards though, only opened her up to check the fluids, not to clean in there as well

Yep - get that every time I open the bonnet on mine - I just don't know where to start, or with what, then I see brackets that need repainting but one holds the brake module on and don't want to disturb that etc etc etc