PDA

View Full Version : V8 ZTT wanted

colintf
06-06-2010, 09:50 PM
A mate of mine is now after a V8 ZTT.

Must have a sunroof, idealy a SE with the DVD screens in the rear of front headrests.

Must be a good condition car and one thats been well looked after. Colour not too important. Would prefer a facelifted ZTT but i recon would consider an earlier one if it was a cracker of a car.

This will be going to a good home. He is from a big MG family who have varous MG's of all ages.

This is to be the new family car and is to replace a Rover Vitesse 827.

Please post if you have or know af anything that may be suitable.

Many thanks

Col

greeners
06-06-2010, 09:53 PM
There's a MKI in green on Pistonheads at the moment

rolled1
06-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Theres a nice one over on .org, with factory fitted dvd player built into roof and some other extras
http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=366493

unsavoury
07-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Theres a nice one over on .org, with factory fitted dvd player built into roof and some other extras
http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=366493

That there be my beauty. Shame I have to sell it

colintf
07-06-2010, 05:56 PM
That there be my beauty. Shame I have to sell it

I have emailed the link to that thread on .Org. I was reluctant to do so, as so much "rubbish" gets added to posts over there, but it was the only place that i could find an advert that my mate would also have access to, to view.

:cool:

unsavoury
07-06-2010, 11:14 PM
well let me know if he wants more info. I can email pictures

colintf
08-06-2010, 07:51 PM
well let me know if he wants more info. I can email pictures

thanks.

Any past or present issues with the car?

unsavoury
09-06-2010, 10:17 AM
thanks.

Any past or present issues with the car?

I had a thing a while back where the blipper didnt work and a couple off funny leccy things happened but I found a plug was loose and as soon as I clipped it back together its all been fine.

Only one key though, first owner was MG then someone else then me but Ive called the previous owner and they said they only ever had one key too.:confused:

As you will see from the .org thread I dont WANT to get rid of it and I hope I win the lottery soon so I wont have to. All I need is a small win to pay the builder

colintf
09-06-2010, 06:23 PM
I had a thing a while back where the blipper didnt work and a couple off funny leccy things happened but I found a plug was loose and as soon as I clipped it back together its all been fine.

Only one key though, first owner was MG then someone else then me but Ive called the previous owner and they said they only ever had one key too.:confused:

As you will see from the .org thread I dont WANT to get rid of it and I hope I win the lottery soon so I wont have to. All I need is a small win to pay the builder

hope you find a way of keeping the car and paying builder soon then :thumb

unsavoury
09-06-2010, 09:32 PM
hope you find a way of keeping the car and paying builder soon then :thumb

mee too, I know you always see those ads saying its a reluctant sale and I always think they are just saying that to shift the car on but Im finding Im saying all those things too..... I looked down the sofa but there wasnt £6000 down there......... any ideas for a quick £6k so I dont have to sell?

Jules260
09-06-2010, 11:45 PM
Hello,

I have an X-power grey 06 plate ZT-T 260 se with 19,800 miles on the clock, that I will be selling very soon. I've owned since new (bought via SMC out of recievership), and am in the process of taking a personalised numberplate off it (was V8OAK, probably reverting to original RX06LPU).

I'll post pictures soon. It's been a fantastic family car for us, living in London it's only been used for short local journeys, and trips to the relatives.

Before you ask, I'm selling because we have a third child on the way, and 3 child seats to fit 3 children under 4 don't fit. Thought about Multimac, but not enough room behind me.

Not sure on price, doing my research right now.

Cliche I know, but reluctant, and genuine sale.

Jules

ColinE
10-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Blimey Col - spoilt for choice

colintf
10-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Hello,

I have an X-power grey 06 plate ZT-T 260 se with 19,800 miles on the clock, that I will be selling very soon. I've owned since new (bought via SMC out of recievership), and am in the process of taking a personalised numberplate off it (was V8OAK, probably reverting to original RX06LPU).

I'll post pictures soon. It's been a fantastic family car for us, living in London it's only been used for short local journeys, and trips to the relatives.

Before you ask, I'm selling because we have a third child on the way, and 3 child seats to fit 3 children under 4 don't fit. Thought about Multimac, but not enough room behind me.

Not sure on price, doing my research right now.

Cliche I know, but reluctant, and genuine sale.

Jules

sounds good Jules thankyou for the tipoff - any pics?

colintf
10-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Jules, I have emailed the details on to my mate.

thanks

Colin

Jules260
10-06-2010, 09:08 PM
sounds good Jules thankyou for the tipoff - any pics?

Hi Colin,

Sorry, not yet - I'll try and take some at the weekend.

Jules

colintf
11-06-2010, 06:23 PM
thanks Jules

:thumb

Jules260
12-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Found a picture on Google:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=sw15+1rw&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=12.530974,28.256836&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=London+SW15+1RW,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.463072,-0.219769&spn=0,0.021973&z=16&iwloc=A&layer=c&cbll=51.463127,-0.219925&panoid=6y3sq8ii9pnD8inSupXTEw&cbp=12,139.03,,1,19.8

Jules

colintf
12-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Hi Jules, that sort of helps :thumb

Jules260
15-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Hi Jules, that sort of helps :thumb

Hello...

I haven't gone missing, I decided to get the alloys refurbished before taking pictures.

Jules

Brian T
16-06-2010, 03:19 PM
A mate of mine is now after a V8 ZTT.

Must have a sunroof, idealy a SE with the DVD screens in the rear of front headrests.

Must be a good condition car and one thats been well looked after. Colour not too important. Would prefer a facelifted ZTT but i recon would consider an earlier one if it was a cracker of a car.

This will be going to a good home. He is from a big MG family who have varous MG's of all ages.

This is to be the new family car and is to replace a Rover Vitesse 827.

Please post if you have or know af anything that may be suitable.

Many thanks

Col

I recently got hold of a ZT-T SE 260 with a sunroof and the optional front spoiler/splitter (which looks pretty cool but makes speed humps even worse than in a Caterham!!), and managed to get it for just over 7K. It's an incredible price for so much car. I would definitely leap at the chance of a Mk 1 as there were only 21 RHD examples built. If you can find the non-SE version, there's only 1!!!. I have a letter from MG describing the ratio of ZT to ZT-Ts built between 2003 and 2005, including pre-production models.

The real benefit of the Mk 1 is that it has no ESP, so you really can access the 'limits' of the car without any interference. If Clarkson had driven a Mk 1 on Top Gear he would have been way more impressed.

Good luck to your chum, if he's successful, he's in for a treat!

Bri

greeners
16-06-2010, 04:05 PM
I recently got hold of a ZT-T SE 260 with a sunroof and the optional front spoiler/splitter (which looks pretty cool but makes speed humps even worse than in a Caterham!!), and managed to get it for just over 7K. It's an incredible price for so much car. I would definitely leap at the chance of a Mk 1 as there were only 21 RHD examples built. If you can find the non-SE version, there's only 1!!!. I have a letter from MG describing the ratio of ZT to ZT-Ts built between 2003 and 2005, including pre-production models.

The real benefit of the Mk 1 is that it has no ESP, so you really can access the 'limits' of the car without any interference. If Clarkson had driven a Mk 1 on Top Gear he would have been way more impressed.

Bri

Sounds like a trophy blue one #123 ;)

colintf
17-06-2010, 11:04 PM

Bri

thanks Bri. Enjoy your car :thumb

Jules260
19-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Hello...

I haven't gone missing, I decided to get the alloys refurbished before taking pictures.

Jules

Am getting the alloys sent away on Tuesday, getting the car back next Monday, when I'll also put the original plates back on (got the paperwork now). Here is a taster.

colintf
23-06-2010, 08:27 PM
looks good :thumb