PDA

View Full Version : Pool of cooling fluid!!

nick260
05-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Greetings wise ones,

Gutted to find a pool of what looks like cooling fluid, under the beloved, seemed to be pouring out from the back of the engine. Just appeared as I parked the car.

Is this one of the much read about usuals? Can you please advise where to get a pukka replacement?

Mr Grumpy

Herman
05-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Greetings wise ones,

Gutted to find a pool of what looks like cooling fluid, under the beloved, seemed to be pouring out from the back of the engine. Just appeared as I parked the car.

Is this one of the much read about usuals? Can you please advise where to get a pukka replacement?

Mr Grumpy

Sure it's coolant? With this warm weather and the use of the airco it could very well be water coming from the condensor

greeners
05-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Sure it's coolant? With this warm weather and the use of the airco it could very well be water coming from the condensor

I would concur

have you checked the water level on the header tank ?

bigkeeko
09-08-2010, 02:30 PM
As two replies above. My car sat in the services on saturday after a motorway run and it had a fair drip from it. Hopefully it`ll be that.

2V8s
09-08-2010, 02:38 PM
yes, if not then probably the 90 degree bend above the rear of the engine before it passes through the fire wall has let go, as they all do at some point!

There is a stronger silicon replacement available through the club shop. Personally I just used a standard 90 deg bend section from the local factors as due to extra LPG connections in this area I wouldnt be able to use the silicon one, or would have to severely butcher it.

Mine let go originally at 85k, the replacement has since done another 18k with no problems. Cost me about a fiver I think.

ColinE
09-08-2010, 03:06 PM
You have a PM