PDA

View Full Version : 55 reg ZT 260 for sale

Phil
03-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Hi all,

It is with some trepidation and a lot of regret that after almost 5 years of trouble free ownership and great times that I am considering buying an Aston Martin DB7 (I haven't found one yet) and therefore am considering selling my 260.

My car is a one owner from new car (registered Sept 05 so benefits from cheaper road tax) and has covered 21k miles.
It has been maintained and serviced impeccably and has the following extras:

Accufab throttle body and K&N air filter
Leather and green alcantara seat covers and green Wilton carpet fitted by EMS in Kent
Heated seats
Electric sunroof
Alpine sat-nav, NVE-N099P with dvd player, TMC and 7" D/D touch screen
Necvox digital tv Tuner
Alpine CD changer
ipod cable input to head unit
Infinity Kappa speakers front and rear
Reversing camera
Real walnut dash, matching eyebrow and switch panel
Electric rear sunblind
Bullet style door mirrors with chrome caps
Red brake calipers
Stainless steel grille mesh and mustang emblem
Mustang titanium oil filler cap
Iridium spark plugs
Fuel filter clip mod
Uprated silicon heater hose
245ZRx18" new rear tyres
260s club green carpet mats
Twin tone horn
260s grille and rear MG badges inc. mustang
X-Power aluminium tax disc holder
Zero stainless steel sports exhausts
Black Olive brass heater valve
Two spare wheels
and a few more that I can't think of.

I am looking for £10k but I am open to close offers. I would rather keep it than sell it cheap. My lifelong wish to own an Aston could wait.

If anyone is interested please PM me or email phil@tec-doc-con.com

Phone: 07708942173

I can send photos to anyone who would like to see them but most of them are here in Car of the Month (http://www.two-sixties.com/cotm0908/).

Regards and all the best (I haven't gone yet! I am so unsure about this I haven't advertised anywhere else.)

Phil

colintf
03-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Hi Phil,

good luck with finding an Aston, sorry to see you selling the 260 though.

Having seen Phil's car I can honestly say it does look stunning :thumb

Tim
03-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Have both. :)

Herman
03-06-2010, 06:47 PM
I'd like a DB7 as well, but older one with the small fog-lights.

Not letting go of the 260 though..:)

More saving to do.................:(

Blue Flash
03-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Yes have both....... don't go!

StephenL
03-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Lovely looking car and sounds like it's been treated with great care. Unfortunately a little beyond my budget, but good luck with the sale. A DB7 would be a fitting replacement!

stevemiller
04-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Word of warning. I came to the ZT V8 after excluding the DB7 a car that I think is the most fantastic 2+2 in the world. They are not the most reliable and I was told to buy a jaguar XK instead by a DB7 owner. Tried a jag then found the car of my dreams.

Just noticed this was my 260 post I own a 260 and its VIN is 260. I may never post again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be careful bud.

Steve.

Phil
05-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Thanks Steve,

I am also considering an XKR/XK8. I would prefer a DB7 if I can find a nice one.

I am nervous about selling the 260. I'm the only person ever to have driven it and it is very special to me. I know I will regret it, but owning an Aston is something I've always wanted. :confused:

eState Trooper
05-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Have both. I love my XK8, so different from the ZT-T, though we have fallen out slightly after it cost me £2.5k last month in repairs and servicing. Wouldn't mind a DB7 either/too. Or an SV, or a DB9, or ........, etc (could probably substitute 'or' for 'and' :D)

ColinE
05-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Took a DB9 round a wet curcuit a few months ago - was fine but that bloody flappy paddle gearbox was utter crap - pull the paddle and wait - bit hairaising when it changes gear half way through a corner

black olive
05-06-2010, 10:22 PM
its only a badge- why not supercharge the ZT instead- if the ZT goes its something you can never have back

colintf
06-06-2010, 09:10 PM
its only a badge- why not supercharge the ZT instead- if the ZT goes its something you can never have back

not a bad idea that!

Have you already tried out an Aston Phil?

:cool:

Phil
07-06-2010, 08:43 AM
not a bad idea that!

Have you already tried out an Aston Phil?

:cool:
Hi Colin,

I have driven a friend's V12 convertible but I won't be getting one of those!
I spoke to a chap from Stockport who is advertising his DB7 on the phone yesterday, but he is not in a position to do a part-ex deal, even if I decided to buy it, so I am going ahead with an advert on Pistonheads. I'll just see what happens. If it doesn't sell I'll probably just forget the whole thing.

Cheers

Phil

tapped
07-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Just my opinions....

Used to work for jaguar. XK's are very well built, generally very reliable (biggest warranty issues related to noisy dampers but if you can live with the rattle then theres no need to change them) and lovely cars witha crackign engine and on later vehicles a superb gearbox: ZF 6HP

DB7's were based on out of date mechanicals from the start (XJS), much more poorly built and the only experience I've had of one was a 4k miler we hired whilst I was at Bentley for competitor evaluation.

On day 2 of hire it had to be collected as the PAS had blown rendering the car immobile. it had so much scuttle shake that the rear view mirror was a complete waste of time (everything was a blur), and all the wood veneer on the dash and centre console was peeling at the edges even though the car was only a few months old. This was a V12 Vantage Volante which i think was north of £100k at the time.

Personally I'd have an XK every time!! Beware if you are tall though that either a coupe or a convertible is marginal on legroom if it has the recaro's and you are 6ft and above

just my two penneth :)

Phil
07-06-2010, 01:44 PM
I should say that I am really happy with the 260, and if it doesn't sell I won't be disappointed. I don't know what started me looking at DB7s. I know they are based on the old XJS floorpan.
I just think it's probably now or never. I could never afford a DB9. We'll see. :diz

AndyG
07-06-2010, 02:45 PM
I should say that I am really happy with the 260, and if it doesn't sell I won't be disappointed. I don't know what started me looking at DB7s. I know they are based on the old XJS floorpan.
I just think it's probably now or never. I could never afford a DB9. We'll see. :diz

I have always dreamt of an Aston (Shooting Brake) but now with 5 years ownership, I would not change the ZTT ;).

colintf
07-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Hi Colin,

I have driven a friend's V12 convertible but I won't be getting one of those!
I spoke to a chap from Stockport who is advertising his DB7 on the phone yesterday, but he is not in a position to do a part-ex deal, even if I decided to buy it, so I am going ahead with an advert on Pistonheads. I'll just see what happens. If it doesn't sell I'll probably just forget the whole thing.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil,

I hope it works out for the best for you, regardless of the outcome.

If you do get the Aston, don't become a stranger on here!!

Cheers

Col

GeoffW
07-06-2010, 09:57 PM
I Couple of my customers over the years have had Aston's, they didn't keep them for long, just so much money to keep on the road, Personally I would
forget the idea, fit a blower to your immaculate 260 and I am sure the smile on your face will stay there longer than if you had bought an Aston :D

Phil
08-06-2010, 02:46 PM
The chap from Stockport has said he will hold the Aston if I get an offer on mine.
I have had three enquiries today so I'll just have to wait and see.
I'm not bothered about increased performance. The Aston will be no quicker in real terms, I just fancy one.
Will I live to regret it? I hope not but time will tell.

pessling
08-06-2010, 03:57 PM
like anything in life, you don't know until you try.

Martin Warner
08-06-2010, 04:57 PM
I had a bit of a go against a DB7 a couple of months back. It was on the A31 Alton by-pass on the way to Winchester. He was two up and tried to take me leaving each of the three roundabouts. Needless to say he did not manage it and was still behind me when we turned off at Winchester. A good looking car but.......

colintf
08-06-2010, 07:39 PM
they (Aston's), like MG have a great history and pedigree

:)

spartacus
09-06-2010, 01:58 PM
If I was in the market for a car like that, it'd have to be a Maserati Grantourismo, Mmmmm :love

ColinE
10-06-2010, 12:46 AM
Sad thing is I really don't now what I would go for - not that I am ever likely to find myself having to make such a decision

colintf
10-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Sad thing is I really don't now what I would go for - not that I am ever likely to find myself having to make such a decision

an Aston would be high on my list, as would an origional 20's blower Bentley :)

ColinE
10-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Aston would be there but I hate their fappy paddly boxes, not a Ferrari man, german crap can stay in Europe - so not sure

pessling
10-06-2010, 11:42 PM
TVR cerbera 4.5 V8 if i wasn't saving for a house thats what i would go for.

ColinE
10-06-2010, 11:46 PM
Good point - original 1960's Griffith - lethal machines but fun

http://www.seriouswheels.com/1960-1969/1965-TVR-Griffith-Green-FA-lr.htm

T16
11-06-2010, 09:26 AM
What makes this car £3K more expensive than any other 260?

Phil
11-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Well thats's a good question. The price reflects the car's condition, very low mileage and extras.
And, I suppose, the fact that I am not desperate to sell it, even though I have got my eyes on another car.
The Sat Nav cost £2.5k and if a purchaser didn't want it, I would be prepared to negotiate returning it to the standard stereo and reducing the price accordingly. Saving me the bother of buying it all again and/or learning a new system.

All in all, I think it is worth it and considering what else you can get for that sort of money that is in almost as new condition and only just about run in, I think someone will get a great car and a bargain.

Phil

bigkeeko
11-06-2010, 08:36 PM

Its only a price. A cars really only worth what someone wants to pay for it.
But sometimes people can over value their cars or under value them for that matter.

But at the end of the day you get what you pay for. The best cars nearly always cost a bit more. :)

colintf
11-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Its only a price. A cars really only worth what someone wants to pay for it.
But sometimes people can over value their cars or under value them for that matter.

But at the end of the day you get what you pay for. The best cars nearly always cost a bit more. :)

very true :cool:

Phil
18-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Thanks for your support guys. However, although I have had some calls, no one has been round to view my beautiful beast. So, as the Aston in Stockport is (at the moment) still available I am going to reduce the price in the PH advert to £7995, probably today.

It is not that I am desperate to sell. I will happily keep the 260 till next year if it doesn't sell, but I have to be realistic. If no one comes to see it, no one is going to buy it. :o Although I do realise that I live in the back of beyond!

Thanks again.

Phil

SJR
18-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Good luck with the sale Phil.

It looks a lovely car for £8000, But with things the way they are at the moment who knows?

Cheers,

SJR

Phil
18-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Sold already.
Didn't quite get my 8k but the buyer wasn't interested in the Alpine sat-nav, dvd screen, digital tv etc. so all of that is coming out before it goes next week.

I have found a gorgeous DB7 with 44k miles and a perfect service record, all with the same dealer from new.

I'll post a pic or two when I pick it up next week, so you haven't got rid of me yet.

By the way, I don't think the double din screen and sat nav will fit in the Aston so PM me if you're interested in it.

All the best

Phil

ColinE
18-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Glad to hear you've got what you wanted

lowey260
18-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Sold already.
Didn't quite get my 8k but the buyer wasn't interested in the Alpine sat-nav, dvd screen, digital tv etc. so all of that is coming out before it goes next week.

I have found a gorgeous DB7 with 44k miles and a perfect service record, all with the same dealer from new.

I'll post a pic or two when I pick it up next week, so you haven't got rid of me yet.

By the way, I don't think the double din screen and sat nav will fit in the Aston so PM me if you're interested in it.

All the best

Phil

pm sent Phil;)

bigkeeko
19-06-2010, 12:13 AM
bugger :(.

Best of luck Phil. ;)

colintf
19-06-2010, 06:24 AM
congratulations Phil. Someones just bought a great car!

hope new owner joins us here

dont become a stranger on here Phil

:thumb

black olive
20-06-2010, 10:31 PM
hope it goes ok Phil

StephenL
24-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Someones just bought a great car!

Another trader (http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201025361709874/). It's a shame that a lot of cars seem to go to traders who take a cut before selling them on, rather than direct to the enthusiasts.

Phil
25-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Another trader (http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201025361709874/). It's a shame that a lot of cars seem to go to traders who take a cut before selling them on, rather than direct to the enthusiasts.

I am going to reduce the price in the PH advert to £7995.
Everyone had the chance Stephen. Even you saw my adverts, but you didn't want it.
What am I supposed to do? :confused:

woolleysox
27-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Even traders have a living to make a living and as Phil said it was put up for grabs on the 260s first. If you want it you go for it. My 260 came from a trader with warranty and 7 months rent and he took my old car px. I have seen it up for sale at a 2K mark up. he may not get his asking price or may have to keep it a while. Good luck to him im happy and thats what counts .:D

StephenL
27-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Even traders have a living to make a living...

There seem to be two different types of trade sellers: the ones who may have picked up the 260 as a trade-in from somewhere and are looking to move it on at a reasonable price and those who simply buy private cars to resell them at a markup. I have no issue with the former (having myself only bought cars from traders so far), but it's the second category that I don't feel add much value to the whole car buying/selling experience.

Stu C
27-06-2010, 06:12 PM
The dealer i traded my 190 into only put £750 on what he gave me. Needless to say, the car was sold 4 days later. Depends how you market the cars and stuff...

If i had the money burning a hole in my pocket for a 260, i wouldn't mind paying out over the odds for a car that has been looked after.

But good luck with the Aston though Phil. Everytime i see one on the motorway i do a Homer Simpson head back gurgle lol! - Love 'em :D

Phil
21-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Another trader (http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201025361709874/).
The seller has discounted the price to £7500. I suppose he may have already sold it as he leaves the adverts on, but as that's what he paid for it, he must have a lot of stock at the moment.
It makes me sad to think of it sitting there with a price tag on it....:o
It needs to be loved. :o. Still, recession and all that.

StephenL
21-07-2010, 10:44 AM
The seller has discounted the price to £7500.

Yes, I noticed it drop from £8000 to £7750 and then £7500. When you were selling it, it had a lot of kudos because of who you are and how you'd obviously looked after it so well. It inevitably loses some of that "magic" once it's with a trade seller.

To be honest, I'm surprised he bought it in the first place if he was only going to try for such a small profit margin.

colintf
21-07-2010, 12:41 PM
hope it finds a loving home soon :thumb