PDA

View Full Version : One exhaust

damienp
21-05-2010, 09:13 AM
What would the consequences be of running with just the passenger side backbox? You can shout me down for changing the aesthetics of the car, but for performance, what would be achieved by replacing the standard setup for a single box system.... and would the bore size need to be increased a little to compensate for this?
PS - I love the sound of the crackle from the xpowers - i'd love to get that noise..... but much louder :D

Thanks.

eurorover
21-05-2010, 12:03 PM
If you want it louder the get what i had done! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRbiW1Yhwm0

And if you only want one back box get a 190

peterv8
21-05-2010, 12:31 PM
What would the consequences be of running with just the passenger side backbox? You can shout me down for changing the aesthetics of the car, but for performance, what would be achieved by replacing the standard setup for a single box system.... and would the bore size need to be increased a little to compensate for this?
PS - I love the sound of the crackle from the xpowers - i'd love to get that noise..... but much louder :D

Thanks.
That will look strange as you have two exhaust "ports" on the bumper, you'll have to get a 190 bumper as well. I can't see the point in doing it?

AndyG
21-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Just block off the OS one, and all the gasses will exit from the NS one :D

T16
23-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Seems outrageously pointless to me.

Cars are all about symmetry, and having the two exhausts at the back is how it SHOULD look!

colintf
24-05-2010, 06:45 PM
seems wrong to me to, but then its not my car

:~

ColinE
24-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Seems outrageously pointless to me.

Cars are all about symmetry, and having the two exhausts at the back is how it SHOULD look!

Have to agree - don't know why one would want a single pipe,

Tim
24-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Personal choice me thinks and why not ask the question. Even more of a Q-car :)

Was talking to Kevin at the weekend and he said was no point as it did not produce any power advantage as the current pressures would be happy to come out of one side any way. The quads design was more for show and sound.

ColinE
24-05-2010, 09:08 PM
If the quads were for sound - what the hell was the excuse for the xpowers!!!! :D:D:D

GeoffW
24-05-2010, 09:42 PM
'even more sound' :)

damienp
25-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Fair do's fella's. I just wanted to know what the consencus was. Im thinking stealth, thats one of my reasons for asking (Im fed up of people trying it on). So then, when are these xpowers ready??:)

b.gruen
25-05-2010, 06:55 AM
Hey,

if it is for stealth reasons, why don't you fit the backboxes of a Rover 75 V8? They are not visible at all. The only problem would be the both holes in the rear bumper.

Bernhard

colintf
25-05-2010, 07:18 PM
true, rear bumber will give it away.

for true stealth, doesn't it need to be really quiet??

:cool:

damienp
25-05-2010, 07:35 PM
No colin - i want them to hear when they've been wasted :D

And yes, the bumper bit is obvious, i just had to ask about the power gains. Thanks.

colintf
26-05-2010, 04:21 PM
thats where one of those switchable trick exhausts would be great. nice and quiet then as passing them press the switch and all hell breaks lose out of the exhausts :)