PDA

View Full Version : zt 260 supercharger

noisufnoc
16-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Does anyone have it done, what effect did the supercharger have on the mpg, are the standard brakes really up to it, and what hit did your insurance take for the supercharger.

Just doing the sums just now and dont want to commit to a pointless excercise if its just like burning a pile of £50's

lowey260
16-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Does anyone have it done, YES
what effect did the supercharger have on the mpg,USED TO GET 250 MILES TO A TANK, NOW GET AROUND 200
are the standard brakes really up to it,YES
and what hit did your insurance take for the supercharger.WAS ACTUALLY CHEAPER ON A LIMITED MILEAGE POLICY

Just doing the sums just now and dont want to commit to a pointless excercise if its just like burning a pile of £50's

GO FOR IT ITS DEFINITELY WORTH IT :D

GeoffW
16-05-2010, 10:16 PM
As Lowey says, GO FOR IT

MPG - Better than standard if you drive at the limit with little right foot
worse if you floor it but not to bad

Brakes, not an issue, fitting of yellow stuff pads helps

Insurance - just had my renewal from Peter best £ 360.00 f/comp protected

If you love your car and plan to keep it , then it just has to be done :)

micksnr
16-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Does anyone have it done, what effect did the supercharger have on the mpg, are the standard brakes really up to it, and what hit did your insurance take for the supercharger.

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/gallery/albums/500/medium/PICT0014.JPG (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1951&size=big&cat=&ppuser=18232)

DO IT :D

ColinE
16-05-2010, 11:36 PM
I doubt there are many on here who wouldn't do it if they could

noisufnoc
17-05-2010, 12:00 AM
thanks for the feedback guys, ive been looking at

BMW M5, loads of fun and big bills but have to watch where i park it etc

Monaro, had a drive but it still felt like a rapid calibra to me.

MG, sold my 190 and now just going to go for a 260 and get it straight to dreadnought garage before i change my mind.

micksnr
17-05-2010, 01:06 AM
I doubt there are many on here who wouldn't do it if they could

The Kenne Bell Supercharger kit is designed to be weekend diy mechanic friendly. I took a week off work to fit my kit and had nothing to do tuesday afternoon . Wednesday went to pub (got a bollocking). Thursday took car for mapping. Friday emptied fuel tank TWICE :D:D:D

peterv8
17-05-2010, 05:09 AM
The Kenne Bell Supercharger kit is designed to be weekend diy mechanic friendly. I took a week off work to fit my kit and had nothing to do tuesday afternoon . Wednesday went to pub (got a bollocking). Thursday took car for mapping. Friday emptied fuel tank TWICE :D:D:D

The Kenne Bell SC starts from $3900 which is "cheap". As I live in Sweden, who can remap the engine? Do they need the T4 or can they access the Ford ECU otherwise?

scooter
17-05-2010, 09:09 AM
With the cruise set at 80mph I can get to Lonbridge on one tank (320 miles). Motorway all the way except for 21 miles. Paul managed 27 mpg returning one car.

SVR
17-05-2010, 09:52 AM
The Kenne Bell SC starts from $3900 which is "cheap". As I live in Sweden, who can remap the engine? Do they need the T4 or can they access the Ford ECU otherwise?

Try www.jmtech.se (http://www.jmtech.se) This company is an official dealer for Kenne Bell s/c and are based in your country.

colintf
17-05-2010, 06:28 PM
if we could, I think most of us would!

:cool:

T16
24-05-2010, 12:50 AM

Whoa! this sounds interesting.... Ive spent longer on much "lesser" jobs!

Does the ECU definitely need a remap afterwards?

Roughly speaking whats involved... does the head have to come off or something similar?

ColinE
24-05-2010, 12:54 AM
There's a vid on dreadnoughts site

micksnr
24-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Whoa! this sounds interesting.... Ive spent longer on much "lesser" jobs!

Does the ECU definitely need a remap afterwards?

Roughly speaking whats involved... does the head have to come off or something similar?

This is the introduction to the Kenne Bell kit that fits the 260https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/gallery/albums/576/medium/Intro_11.jpg (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2136&size=big&cat=)

colintf
24-05-2010, 07:40 PM
good info.

Personally i would ask Brian to fit if i was in a position to have one!

ColinE
24-05-2010, 10:45 PM
good info.

Personally i would ask Brian to fit if i was in a position to have one!

Have to agree

susiecooper
25-05-2010, 06:17 PM

Did you purchase the supercharger through Dreadnought as a DIY kit?

John Newey
25-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Kenne Bell Supercharger. Super!! about 3 less mpg, though that's probably cos you wanna floor it more. Fantastic pulling power and if you go for the full Dreadnought treatment, then you won't find a better friendlier place to deal with. DO IT:D!!!

micksnr
25-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Did you purchase the supercharger through Dreadnought as a DIY kit?

I bought the kit from a company in Sweden www.jmtech.se (http://www.jmtech.se)
I think there's also a company in Germany that's a Kenne Bell dealer.
The only trouble with buying stuff from Sweden is VAT 25%.

scooter
26-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Kenne will not allow us to sell the kit for home build if it is going on a ZT260. We had to be trained on the system before he would allow us to do the 260. Our kit is made for us and is specific to the 260 as the fuel system and ecu were modified by MG. You can't use the Kenne Bell tune. Kenne would not allow us to have a fitting centre in England. Our tune was done by Sean Hyland he had to come over here for ten days. Claire has been to Kenne Bells to build a special engine for a world record attempt and Paul, Claire and I have been over to Sean's in Canada to learn as much as possible about the engine and blowers.:~

colintf
26-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Kenne will not allow us to sell the kit for home build if it is going on a ZT260. We had to be trained on the system before he would allow us to do the 260. Our kit is made for us and is specific to the 260 as the fuel system and ecu were modified by MG. You can't use the Kenne Bell tune. Kenne would not allow us to have a fitting centre in England. Our tune was done by Sean Hyland he had to come over here for ten days. Claire has been to Kenne Bells to build a special engine for a world record attempt and Paul, Claire and I have been over to Sean's in Canada to learn as much as possible about the engine and blowers.:~

which is why I would ask Brian to fit mine (when and if I can run to it!)

:thumb

ColinE
26-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Agree - I'm could probably fit it, but I'd never be conviced I'd done it right

colintf
27-05-2010, 10:10 AM
if I did it, it would probably result in a big BANG!!!

Followed soon after by a James May "Oh C0ck"

micksnr
30-05-2010, 10:45 PM

I'd best take mine off and send it back then!!!:D

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/gallery/albums/500/scan0002.jpg (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1943&ppuser=18232)