PDA

View Full Version : Air con troubles

susiecooper
15-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Can anyone help?

The system has been recharged but still only hot air comes through on lowerst setting in auto/econ. In MG Enthusiast Feb 09 article talked about the plenum chamber valve that's under the bonnet with the pollen filter.

The article talked about an uprated valve " Black Olive" by steve. Is the valve still available or only the patten one through Rimmer Bro's. That's assuming is this valve that's stopped working?

Has anyone upgraded their satnav to the wider screen system?

Martin
15-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Can anyone help?

The system has been recharged but still only hot air comes through on lowerst setting in auto/econ. In MG Enthusiast Feb 09 article talked about the plenum chamber valve that's under the bonnet with the pollen filter.

The article talked about an uprated valve " Black Olive" by steve. Is the valve still available or only the patten one through Rimmer Bro's. That's assuming is this valve that's stopped working?

Has anyone upgraded their satnav to the wider screen system?

Hmmmmmm two things I can help you with, firstly the Black Olive Heater Valve. The original one fitted is a bit of a Micky mouse thing so Black Olive has and still dose manufacture them a much more robust unit ..... I believe he is on his 5th or 6th batch. There is a current thread going with orders being taken if not PM him direct I don't think he would mind or someone better placed than me will put you right. Also replace at the same time the top heater hose as if this has not been done with the 260's reinforced one it is a failer waiting to happen you can get these from the 260's shop.

The 2nd yes I have one of the Chinese units they are great well Worth the money your best option is to go to the Gentleman's site 75&Zt owners and PM a chap called Radio Guy he will order the unit get it delivered and sort out customs for you Top Man even though he is Canadian. You will not be disappointed. I have mine with Tom Tom but I think from others ththe IGO8 is a better option on the SatNav side.

Any other help there are plenty here able and willing

Best of luck

Martin

PS You don't say were you are from we could put you in touch with a local garage who would be up on the 260

peterv8
15-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Can't help you with the airco but can confirm the chinese unit is great! I use IGO8 and it works very well.

colintf
15-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Hi and welcome susiecooper

Where abouts are you?

:cool:

Tim
15-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Welcome along Matt, don't forget your questionnaire :)

black olive
15-05-2010, 11:09 PM
the original valve goes tits up and leaks hot water through on all settings.
have a trawl through the electricals/climate section, ive put some pics of a dead valve in there. it doesnt take a lot of hot water in the matrix to make the cabin warm, the aircon doesnt cool it off under these conditions.

Ive just ordered the bits for a 6th batch, so may be a month or 2 till 7th batch- if you are decidely uncomfortable, I think someone has a standard valve for sale atm on the for sale thread, so this would tide you over for a yaer or two till that one dies.

oh and welcome to exclusivity

ColinE
15-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Welcome along, With full membership ie going green - you'll get access to a whole lot more info that will answer a lot of your questions

Malcolmr
16-05-2010, 12:12 AM
Can anyone help?

In MG Enthusiast Feb 09 article talked about the plenum chamber valve that's under the bonnet with the pollen filter. The article talked about an uprated valve " Black Olive" by steve.

That's probably in the current (May) issue of MGE where I introduced old 206 (no, not the Peugeot!) to the readership. Haven't seen it yet as the camel train from England hasn't reached Oz, but Steve and the Collective get a plug...

black olive
16-05-2010, 12:19 AM
its not reached us yet, but an article is in prep on the valve development front by me - just need to get round to finshing it :o

susiecooper
17-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Hi and welcome susiecooper

Where abouts are you?

:cool:

:fight
I live in guildford surrey. My wife drives all 3 car's as i can no longer with epilepsy. very annoying so i only drive cars (ZT 260 ,MG Meastro turbo,Rover John Cooper S Mini ) in the drive turn around and park properly :)

spartacus
18-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Hey, there are quite a few of us in Surrey. I've been told I've got to organise an evening at the pub soon - do you think the wife would bring you along? If so, keep an eye on the social section... :D

Malcolmr
19-05-2010, 03:36 AM
Hey, there are quite a few of us in Surrey. I've been told I've got to organise an evening at the pub soon.

Mark - I'm coming back for my annual visit in August. If the pub night falls during the days 17 to 20, count me in!

spartacus
19-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Tell you what Malcolm - if you remind me closer to the time, I'll organise something especially for you ;)

Martin Warner
19-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Well Malcolm perhaps we can have an enjoyable chat about the cricket again like we did last time you were over. You are still interested in cricket aren't you.

ColinE
19-05-2010, 08:48 PM
I don't know of any reason why he wouldn't be - do you Martin?? ;):D

Malcolmr
19-05-2010, 10:09 PM
You're a brick Mark! No cricket - I hate cricket! Maybe politics this time... Or snooker!

V8 Novi
20-05-2010, 04:19 PM
You could always discuss F1...

Malcolmr
20-05-2010, 11:08 PM
True - and that Mark is a local lad. Born and raised in Queanbeyan which is the little town that rubs up against Canberra. He had a street parade here just a few weeks ago!