PDA

View Full Version : Red Zt V8 For Sale

barry monk
11-05-2010, 02:17 PM
On Pistonheads- Solar Red V8 For Sale.

greeners
11-05-2010, 02:22 PM
That's the one that had the rear wing repaired, and very well too I might add....Red Rooster rings a bell

precious metal
14-05-2010, 09:05 AM
yes teh car is "red rooster" and its a bit more than a wing repair ! We sold the car in mid 07 and it was a lovely 1 owner low mileage car. The car was written off 6 mths after in an incident on a slippery roundabout and then was bought by the current seller from a salvage coimpany as a project to repair.

apparently according to the 1st owner the repair is excellent as the car has been to MG meets. but i think the seller should be honest and declare the car is registered a CAT insurance write off !

bearing this in mind i think the price is a bit strong also considering its a base std spec model.

JB

rls
14-05-2010, 12:24 PM
I thought it was a LEGAL obligation to tell buyers if the vehicle you are selling is CAT D ??

ColinE
14-05-2010, 12:27 PM
I thought so to

precious metal
14-05-2010, 01:52 PM
its not actually illegal to sell a car on the CAT register and not declare it. but i would say it was unethical as how can you trust the seller about the rest of the car or the sale

hence why people buy from dealers and get any HPi report that says its clear, if a dealer sold a car and turns out to be CAT repaired after you bought it, then you can back the car but only under sale of goods act so if it turned out to be repaired badly ie not running true or poor repair or electrical / mechanical issues you are entiltled to a refund / swop etc

If someone buys a CAT repaired car privately and doesnt do any HPI checks then they have no recompense on the seller at all.

may see harsh but thats why its best to do checks as sellers dont have to declare it by law.

personally i think it should be illegal sell a car without declaring it CAT rep. whether privately or trade sale

JB

colintf
14-05-2010, 05:03 PM
seems very unethical not to declare it to me.

HPI check are always a good idea.

:cool:

Tim
14-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Don't think the intention is to misrepresent boys. Because it is such a well known car what would the point be. Dave, Neil and Andy met up a few weeks ago to give the car the 'seal' of approval and talking to Neil was superb. Did try to encourge him to buy it back but his wife would reduce his weight and height. :)

SteveChilds
16-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Don't think the intention is to misrepresent boys.Sadly I think it may be. He's deleted all his posts on .org, all the photos of the damage have gone off the threads and after I suggested in a thread that he really needs to declare it he PMs me asking to be removed off the forum.

I sent a PM back telling him he needs to declare it on the listing.

Tim
16-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Had a few chats with David and I think its more to do with a willingness to discuss these things on forums, not just .org. David and Nick are good fellows and I've not had any feeling of misrepresenting, more to do with writen text and defending your corner. Also both Andy and Neil know their cars and if anything of note had come up they would have mentioned it.

Sadly I think it may be. He's deleted all his posts on .org, all the photos of the damage have gone off the threads and after I suggested in a thread that he really needs to declare it he PMs me asking to be removed off the forum.

I sent a PM back telling him he needs to declare it on the listing.

greeners
16-05-2010, 09:47 AM
I'm sorry, but you can't have it both ways, on one hand he was more then happy to post photos of the repair, and I think it's a real credit to him a) for taking it on and b) doing such a good job.

You can't then try and retrace your steps to remove it "just in case"

It would be a far better approach to say " hey this is the car that came back from this incident, and look what a good repair it's had done to it"

The world of 260's is so small it would only be a matter of time before the new owner finds out.........and if you were in that position, how would you feel, especially discovering that everyone else already knew.

No 146 has a shady past, and I'm still trying to uncover it....but it won't shock me if I ever discover the truth as I bought it knowing this.

tonybubble
16-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Well said - absolutely right.

Now where did I put those pictures of 455? :D

colintf
16-05-2010, 06:00 PM
I agree with Greeners. That way no-one gets caught out!

:cool:

Daveward
16-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Statement from Dave - Owner of 541

I think people have got the wrong end of the stick here. The reason all threads were deleted was not to try and deceive, but to try to control the growing hostility and inaccurate information fuelled by two members of both forums. The car has been repaired and restored with meticulous attention to detail, with the intention to be kept long term by myself. I am not connected to the motor trade in any way, just an enthusiast. This car was registered as a Cat D on 24/11/2007. The restoration has been fully documented and I am in contact with the previous owners, both of whom have since driven the car.
Unfortunately, there will be no further posts from me, as I feel this is not in the spirit of MG.

Regards
Dave

greeners
16-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Well that really is as clear as mud then :confused:

Tim
16-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Closing the thread chaps.