PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

Will.S
03-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Hello to everyone on the site.
I finish paying my loan on a ZT 160+ this month so I'm now free to upgrade to a 260 at last! I have had searches on Piston Heads, Autotrader and Ebay since I bought the 160 five years ago.
Ideally I am after a Mk2 in Royal blue or Ignition blue, around the 40k mark, were many made in those colours? Also I intend to have it fitted to run on LPG, the best quote I have had for this was £1600 plus vat.
As I am new to 260's any advice would be great, I should be in a position to buy in a couple of months time.
All the best to everyone

Will

spunagain
03-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Hi Will

Welcome aboard! Good luck with the search. Are you after an SE or Non SE version? The Non SEs will be cheaper to buy and slightly cheaper to insure.

Pistonheads classifieds is a good place to watch for cars for sale.

Oh and looking for a Royal Blue Mk2 - a man of taste and distinction!

If I were buying again I would go for ignition blue as it is a bit cheerier. I love the Royal blue with it's low-key thug in a tailored dark suit look, but I just like paler bues too!

Regards
Spunagain

Will.S
03-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Cheers for the welcome
I spent 4 months looking for the mk1 160 in Royal blue, found one in Edinburgh (I live in Kent) with 14500 on the clock, AA checked it and flew up with my son for 36qid! then road trip back taking in Alton towers and Duxford, well worth the journey.
I'm not sure re SE or not, I do like the idea of it being fully loaded but if one came up that wasn't and had really low mileage I think I would go for it. Don't fancy one without TV/Sat nav although did wonder about a retro fit with the bigger BMW TV screen.

colintf
04-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Hi and welcome Will.

Good luck with the hunt. Shop around for insurance.

When I first got mine, Lancaster wanted £1800, Peter Best were £430 ish!!

:cool:

Will.S
04-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Cheers, last time I asked my insurance comp' they quoted 900qid, hoping I can find lower, will have to shop around as you say

greeners
04-05-2010, 07:33 PM
I wrote a bit of an epic thread on insurance......Admiral came up trumps for me..
________
NEW MEXICO DISPENSARIES (http://newmexico.dispensaries.org/)

Martin
04-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Cheers for the welcome
I spent 4 months looking for the mk1 160 in Royal blue, found one in Edinburgh (I live in Kent) with 14500 on the clock, AA checked it and flew up with my son for 36qid! then road trip back taking in Alton towers and Duxford, well worth the journey.
I'm not sure re SE or not, I do like the idea of it being fully loaded but if one came up that wasn't and had really low mileage I think I would go for it. Don't fancy one without TV/Sat nav although did wonder about a retro fit with the bigger BMW TV screen.

Welcome, don't worry to much re TV/SATNAV there is a cracking unit made in China thats made for the job a lot of people are swapping over, I have, If you see the one buy it they are rare and being colour specific even rarer, but when you get it you won't stop smiling well worth it :)

I know I came from the 160 MK 1 league (V6)

Good Luck

Martin

Will.S
04-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Thats great re sat nav, are they the touch screen ones I've heard about?
I have seen the bmw ones fitted and they look the buisness.
Did wonder about getting one resprayed, but a colour change respray is mega bucks for a quality one and a lot of work.
What sort of price are the ones from China?

kcv
05-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Welcome aboard Will

Martin
05-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Thats great re sat nav, are they the touch screen ones I've heard about?
I have seen the bmw ones fitted and they look the business.
Did wonder about getting one resprayed, but a colour change respray is mega bucks for a quality one and a lot of work.
What sort of price are the ones from China?

Depending on what you want from it you can have Freeview decoder rear parking camera (wireless) RDS but I would think if you talk to Radio Guy on the gentleman's network he can sort it all out for under £500 notes delivered, may be better than that. It's made for our cars so blends in perfectly. Oh Touch screen and Ipod friendly. Sound quality is much better than the standard unit as well so just brill :D

Martin

Will.S
05-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the info,That does sound good, will follow that up when I get one!:)