PDA

View Full Version : 260/75v8/75 Diesel Auto

Stew B
26-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Morning folks,

Finger ytrouble again this morning but no worries `cos I`ve been allowed to go on the top deck of a bus on my own now that I`ve stopped dribbling.

I`ve got 64 now and it has presence, lending me an air of authority when I drive it which I`ve never had before. Not sure how to, or even if I should, take advantage of my new found status.

Advice will be gratefully received.

Tested a 75 cdti auto against a 75v8 at SMC last week and decided the diesel auto is more comfortable. I suppose you`ll all howl in disgust and may even tell me you don`t want me but I can atke it.

The v8 is a good drive but the problem is that I wanted another gear. I couldn`t relax with only 3 despite the engine turning over so slowly so perhaps it`ll be my loss.

Finally, does anyone know who is best at LPG conversions in the Nottingham area?

Cheers,

Stew.

Tim
26-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Nothing wrong with a 75 cdti, got one myself. Stuck a Ronbox in it and more than happy with the performance. :D Can't get enough V8 though.

colintf
27-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Im also a 75cdti Fan.

We used to have them in the works carpool. Dad still has one as well :thumb

woolleysox
27-04-2010, 07:26 PM
iv got an 06 plate ZTT cdti with a Rob box great car but missing that v8 growl.:p and 1 get 45 mpg!!!:~

Keith
28-04-2010, 05:52 PM
I have owned three 75 Diesels including one Auto.
If they had five proper seats I would still have my Saloon instead of the 7 seater Scenic we now have on the drive but last year I had 5 cars so two had to go and it unfortunately was the two Rovers.

I was tempted to moth ball the saloon as it was in superb condition but I only have garaging for one car so it would have started going down hill if left outside.

Thing I miss the most is the FBH and Cruise Control.