PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - R75 V8 / ZT 260

DEVYL
18-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Hi, I`m looking for a R75 V8 or a ZT 260, LHD, SE model, saloon. Thanks.

Tim
18-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Hello Alex, welcome along. I see you have pm'ed me from the 75&ZT club. All I was going to do initially is get you to register here as people do put their cars up for sale. Keep monitoring here and the members will let you know also.

I will see if there are any on other forums/clubs.

Where are you living?

tonybubble
18-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Where are you living?[/quote]

Alex is in Bucharest, said he intervening!

Tim
18-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Cheers Tony, just picked it up on the gentlemans club. :)

Where are you living?

Alex is in Bucharest, said he intervening!

DEVYL
18-04-2010, 12:20 PM
yes, Bucharest Romania, I`ve seen a lot of Rover/MG`s around here, even driven a couple ( ZT 190, 75 2.5 v6, 75 diesel , 45 diesel , ZS , ZR, so on.. ) but in Romania there isn`t any Rover/MG V8, and I wanna be the first who has it :D

peterv8
18-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Best chance I think is www.mobile.de (http://www.mobile.de). There are usually a couple for sale.

good luck!

b.gruen
18-04-2010, 02:35 PM
hi
there is a good 75 V8 in germany. it is in butzbach near Frankfurt.
look into mobile.de

bernhard

colintf
18-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Hi and welcome to the Two-Sixties Forum!

good luck DEVYL in your hunt!

:cool:

DEVYL
18-04-2010, 08:50 PM
the owner doesn`t answer , from a car found on mobile.de ( mobile.ro ) for me , in my language. I don`t think is to easy to convert a RHD to LHD right?

ColinE
18-04-2010, 08:52 PM
the owner doesn`t answer , from a car found on mobile.de ( mobile.ro ) for me , in my language. I don`t think is to easy to convert a RHD to LHD right?

I would have said it would be tough to do, lots of parts would need replacing and you might find it hard to find some of them - especially LHD ones

DEVYL
18-04-2010, 08:55 PM
especially the dashboard, especially for V8 models that are pretty rare. In Romania are some cars RHD, and the price is twice under his real price, for example a R75 diesel rhd full options is 800 euros. Same in England if u can find a LHD car? The car has european price or lower and the owner tries to sell it quickly? Why the coolest cars are so hard to find? :|

colintf
19-04-2010, 06:49 PM
especially the dashboard, especially for V8 models that are pretty rare. In Romania are some cars RHD, and the price is twice under his real price, for example a R75 diesel rhd full options is 800 euros. Same in England if u can find a LHD car? The car has european price or lower and the owner tries to sell it quickly? Why the coolest cars are so hard to find? :|

it will be worth the wait!

MG260SEV8
20-04-2010, 07:33 AM
I helped another member to find a V8 in the UK for Germany and I would say a LHD here is a very Rare Beast.

However, as you already know the RHD cars in UK are about half the Price of LHD ones in France and Germany.

Only big expense to register in EU Countries is replacement LHD Headlingts (Non Xenon about £400 a pair from Rimmer Bros) and a Certificate of Conformity avaialble on http://www.mgrccservices.com/

If you get a RHD, you will need a tweed jacket and a flat cap to look like a proper English Gentleman!

Best of Luck

DEVYL
21-04-2010, 11:40 AM
soo far, this is the only MG ZT 260 that I`ve found , and has everything on it just like I want , except the color , I prefer black but is ok :D. Unfortunatelly the owner doesn`t answer (this is the SE model?) http://cautare.mobile.ro/vehicule/showDetails.html?id=2264912&__lp=2&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=creationTime&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&makeModelVariant1.makeId=17300&makeModelVariant1.modelId=9&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&vehicleCategory=Car&segment=Car&fuels=PETROL&siteId=ROMANIA&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&export=NO_EXPORT&customerIdsAsString=&lang=ro&pageNumber=2
(http://cautare.mobile.ro/vehicule/showDetails.html?id=2264912&__lp=2&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=creationTime&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&makeModelVariant1.makeId=17300&makeModelVariant1.modelId=9&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&vehicleCategory=Car&segment=Car&fuels=PETROL&siteId=ROMANIA&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&export=NO_EXPORT&customerIdsAsString=&lang=ro&pageNumber=2)

tonybubble
21-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Hi Alex,
Looks a very nice car - yes I think it is an SE as it has sunroof, Xenon Headlights, Apex wheels, TV, etc.
Price also seems reasonable by European standards.
Keep trying and good luck. Tony.

b.gruen
21-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Hello DEVYL,

this car is located in Germany AFAIK. Unfortunately I am too far away to look at that car for you. But I would be able to talk to the owner by phone. This might help you as I am a German too. Just give me some questions that you would like to ask him. I'll then try to contact the owner.

BTW. there is a black Rover 75V8 in Germany too. I already visited that car and it looks very well. The only thing is that the steering wheel is not in black oak anymore but instead lost its colour and shines in a green tone now. The owner of the car ensured that he would solve that problem if I buy the car. That car also has a LPG system in the boot.
Here is a link to the car (german Mobile):
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?id=105078207&__lp=1&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&sortOption.sortOrder=ASCENDING&makeModelVariant1.makeId=21700&makeModelVariant1.modelId=21&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&vehicleCategory=Car&segment=Car&fuels=LPG&minFirstRegistrationDate=2004-01-01&siteId=GERMANY&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&export=NO_EXPORT&customerIdsAsString=&lang=de&pageNumber=1

I really hope this helps you a bit

Bernhard

DEVYL
21-04-2010, 09:12 PM
thanks, for the R75 V8, I don`t want a car with this engine on a LPG system , I prefer gas. As for the MG, ask him what is the condition of the car, if it is in a good condition , because to find parts for this car is almost impossible for me , here in Romania , I don`t know how to say exactly, the steering system clearlly must be in good condition, so suspension and especially does parts that could make noise when you are driving the car or take a bump or something :D, and because it has around 40.000 km , it should be in a perfect condition. Ask him especially about the car`s condition. If it`s ok, I`m going after her :)

b.gruen
21-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Ok, I'll try to phone the car dealer tomorrow morning. I hope he has time to answer my/your questions. Maybe he is also able to send more pictures of the car and also send me the VIN of the car. That might be useful for further researches - at least I hope so.

Another thing I could try is to find someone in the German MG ROVER Forum that lives near Leipzig and could inspect the car by its own. But I fear that there is no one around Leipzig that knows much about that car. Anyway, it is a try. But first I'll to phone the car dealer and try to get your requested details.

Bernhard

b.gruen
21-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Hey,

I just found another possible option: MG ZT-T 260...
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?id=129772527&__lp=5&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=creationTime&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&makeModelVariant1.makeId=21700&makeModelVariant1.modelId=21&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.makeId=17300&makeModelVariant2.modelId=9&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&vehicleCategory=Car&segment=Car&minFirstRegistrationDate=2004-01-01&siteId=GERMANY&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&export=NO_EXPORT&customerIdsAsString=&lang=de&pageNumber=1

What do you think?

colintf
22-04-2010, 05:18 PM
ZTT's must be quite rare in Lhd?

Herman
22-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Looking at the specs I'd say it's an SE. It seems to have a TV tuner upgrade as well as they advertise digital tv (that's a > Euro 1500 change). It seem to have all the other options as well.

Not a bad price either

colintf
22-04-2010, 05:48 PM
I thought it seemed cheap as well for a European price!

b.gruen
22-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Hello,

I am so sorry to say that I wasn't able to contact the dealer today. I'll try it again tomorrow. I hope that we have a chance to get more information about that car soon.

Does someone know a German that lives near Leipzig?

Bernhard

DEVYL
22-04-2010, 06:35 PM
I don`t like estate cars, not only Rover`s but any cars. Saloon/Sedan are my fav :D. This MG that I`ve found on mobile it`s exactly the car I`m looking for. The full option model(TV,elec seats, etc), facelift, not so used.... everything looks ok

b.gruen
23-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Here is my protocol that I wrote done during the call:

unfallfrei
erstbesitzer rover deutschland, dann ab 2005 zimmermann selbst
2009 ausser betrieb
1 rücksitz hat abdruck von reifen
serviceheft gepflegt
differential hinten erneuert
heckrollo

VIN #747 - 11/2004

Gebrauchtwagengarantie möglich (Aufpreis)
keine ungewöhnlichen Laufgeräusche

And here my enriched translation of it:

did not have had any accident/bump
the first owner of the car was Rover Deutschland, then it was transferred the owner of Zimmermann Automobile. He then drove the car.
The car is standing idle since 2009.
One seat on the rear has a mark of a tyre tread (it is on the leather not on the alcantara)
Inspections were made regularly (in 8000km steps I suppose)
The rear differential made some whining some time ago and therefore was replaced or remanufactured in the past. Now the differential is quiet.
The 5th switch in the bottom row of switches enabled the rear curtain

The VIN of the car is #747 and was first registered in 11/2004.

It is possible to get a second-hand car guaranty. But this would be an extra charge. Normally the car is selled with a defects liability only (I think 12 months or so).
The car does not make any abnormal noises.

From my point of view the car seems worth visiting.
The car dealer will do some more pictures of the car and send them to me via E-Mail. I can send them to you if you give me your address.

BTW. the person on the other side of the phone was qualified and friendly. He answered all questions without any problem. Zimmermann Automobile was a MG/ROVER partner until some time ago. Therefore they know the 75/ZT platform good enough and also that special car very well.

I hope this helps you

Bernhard

DEVYL
23-04-2010, 12:12 PM
thanks a lot, this really helps me , my email adress is devyl_alex@yahoo.com . I`ll wait for the new pics, now I need to go here in Romania and check how much does cost to register the car here , and could somebody tell me where can I find that power kit for the engine?

One seat on the rear has a mark of a tyre tread I don`t understand exactlly what are u trying to tell, the ledder has a small scratch? And by the 5th switch from the bottom buttons, you mean the one in the midle that is from that "protection" in front of the rear windshield?

b.gruen
23-04-2010, 01:42 PM
I've just sent you a mail that contains the first pictures. There you can see the tread on the backseat.

The 5th button seems to be that protection thingy.

colintf
23-04-2010, 06:28 PM
sounds good so far!

:thumb

DEVYL
23-04-2010, 08:37 PM
to register the car in Romania will cost me almost 7000 euro and that`s half of the car`s price , and I don`t think is worth it ( in Romania taxes for the cars are very high, especially to register one from other country, and depends on the size of the engine, and for an 4600 cmc engine is around 7000 euro ). The anual taxes are almost 1200 euro , I can live with this... after my calculations, the gas should cost me somewhere around 300 euro per month, calculating at 60-70 km every day. Everything is ok except the registering taxes. What can I do?

b.gruen
24-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Hello,

do you know why it is THAT expensive to register a car in your country? I know from my mind that I had to pay about 200 EUR to register my ROVER 200 Turbo Coupé from Luxemburg in Germany. I think there must be something wrong. Does it matter if you buy the car from a dealer or from a private owner?

Also the taxes are expensive. I have to pay a tax of 317 EUR per year plus about 2000 EUR insurance (at 100%).

Bernhard

DEVYL
24-04-2010, 10:50 AM
here the taxes are calculated by the size of the engine (<1.2, 1.2-1.4, 1.6-2.0, 2.0-2.5 and those engines that are bigger than 2500 cmc the taxes are three times higher, then depending of the year of fabrication , poluation, doesn`t matter from where you buy it, the first time you register the car in Romania the price is half a car, if I will sell my car after registering in Romania to other romanian guy, will cost max 100 euro because is already registered here. Insurance is around 700 euro per year but not CASCO with 100% insurance, it`s an insurance that pays the damage to the car that you may probaly hit , not your car. If you want that kind of insurance that will repair your car in case of an accident, is called CASCO and is , like in Germany, around 2000 euro per year. Romania is the country with the biggest taxes at everything. Our "leaders" are stealling constantly money from ROmania buget and people pay taxes at everything to recover the stolen money, and I mean everything ( cars, houses, cellphone, pc, laptop, washing-machine and so on )

DEVYL
27-04-2010, 06:34 PM
I`ve made my decision..I`m coming after it , I don`t know exactly when, but around 15th may, no matter what I`m buying this car , it`s the exact MG that I`m looking for ( SE MODEL and not so used ), I don`t know exactly what will I do about registering the car in Romania, but doesn`t matter, i`ll keep the car in the garaje and just look at it every day until I find a solution :))

tonybubble
27-04-2010, 07:02 PM
I`ve made my decision..I`m coming after it , I don`t know exactly when, but around 15th may, no matter what I`m buying this car , it`s the exact MG that I`m looking for ( SE MODEL and not so used ), I don`t know exactly what will I do about registering the car in Romania, but doesn`t matter, i`ll keep the car in the garaje and just look at it every day until I find a solution :))

Hi Alex,
Is it possible to keep it on foreign plates (German for example) for a while to avoid/delay the taxes?

DEVYL
27-04-2010, 07:13 PM
yes , it`s possible only if the actual owner will wanna keep the car on his name. If not , the plates will be available only 2-3 days until I come back to Romania. Here I can buy temporary plates, until I register the car so can I use it , but the price is around 400 euro, and not more than a month. There is a 3rd way, but is a little bit hard, if I can find a nice german guy that will accept to take the car on his name, and I`ll pay him constantly the taxes, insurance and everything, we can go and make some "papers" that will make the prove that the car is mine only on his name, he cannot sell it without my signature, and he will not be responsable for what I`m doing with the car ( let`s say I make a car crash or something)

b.gruen
27-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Hello,

I see a possible 4th way:
What if the price of the car is not about 17.000 EUR but only 5.000 EUR or even less? Would this lower the taxes too?

Bernhard

DEVYL
27-04-2010, 08:14 PM
yes of course, the price of the car influence the taxes, at least I think, but I can find out until tomorrow. But what do you mean by this?

b.gruen
27-04-2010, 09:02 PM
If you buy your car for less money you would pay less taxes. So you only have to get a bill over a much smaller amount of money. How someone can confirm that? If that wouldn't work you could also try to find someone that buys the car for you and then sells it for less than the original price.

Does that sound possible?

Bernhard

DEVYL
28-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Sound possible, actually this might work. In the mean time, could a zt 260 owner make me a film/movie while starting the engine? Inside/Outside doesn`t matter, but to rec the startup from zero :D . Appreciate.

DEVYL
05-05-2010, 11:54 AM
great news! In Romania there is now a new law that could help me with the 260. Cars that are already registered in a european country ( germany such the zt 260 ) doesn`t need to pay this taxe again because is considered that was already paid once. Will see on 10th May if this law will be approved

colintf
05-05-2010, 05:54 PM
great news! In Romania there is now a new law that could help me with the 260. Cars that are already registered in a european country ( germany such the zt 260 ) doesn`t need to pay this taxe again because is considered that was already paid once. Will see on 10th May if this law will be approved

hey thats great news!!

:thumb

b.gruen
27-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Hey,

are there any news on this? Are you still interested?

Bernhard

DEVYL
27-05-2010, 06:52 PM
really interested :) . I was gone out of country, in a small vacation. I`ve spoken with someone and he will come with me , it`s ok with taxes here, I don`t need to pay them any more, the only thing , hope the car is in a good condition

b.gruen
27-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Looking at the photos I sent to you the car looks good. But I don't know more than you know about the car. So maybe you should just try it if you really want that wonderful car.

colintf
28-05-2010, 07:26 AM
good luck. I hope it works out well for you!