PDA

View Full Version : Microfibre cloths

ColinE
05-04-2010, 04:50 PM
.......what's the best way to clean them - any detergent or just water, hand or machine wash, 30 or 90 degress - I've seen pretty much all combinations of the variables recommended

greeners
05-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Mine go in a 40 degree wash with minimal detergent.

If you go to the big supermarkets, you can buy packs of the value ones for not much money.

After valeting duties, they go into the rag pile for mechanical duties.
________
Mflb review (http://vaporizer.org/portable)

pessling
05-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Can;t answer this question as my mum does the washing, i guess one of the advantages of living at home still. But they always come out soft and usable, After time they tend to go hard any way so just use them for the dirty jobs.

Stu C
05-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Can;t answer this question as my mum does the washing, i guess one of the advantages of living at home still. But they always come out soft and usable, After time they tend to go hard any way so just use them for the dirty jobs.

Such an awesome line to use when people ask you things "Dunno, mum does it" :D

But come on Colin, do like most other blokes when using the washing machine. Bung it all in the same pile, 40 degrees on a cotton wash. Simply can't go wrong with that, unless you have suspiciously brigh coloured clothes ;)

Blue Flash
05-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Such an awesome line to use when people ask you things "Dunno, mum does it" :D

But come on Colin, do like most other blokes when using the washing machine. Bung it all in the same pile, 40 degrees on a cotton wash. Simply can't go wrong with that, unless you have suspiciously brigh coloured clothes ;)

What's your thoughts on a washer/dryer 1300 spin v a 800 rpm spin,mind you could always put on a smaller pulley and crank it up...any thoughts ?:rolleyes:

ColinE
05-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Washer dryers are a poor compromise for both machines - only use when space an absolute premium - go for the highest spin speed possible - reduces drying time .........oh I see it was a rhetorical question ;):D:ash

Stu C
05-04-2010, 08:37 PM
What's your thoughts on a washer/dryer 1300 spin v a 800 rpm spin,mind you could always put on a smaller pulley and crank it up...any thoughts ?:rolleyes:

Yeah, read the panel with anything that says 40 degree wash and turn the dial to that number :D

Although, uprated wahsing machines to make it go quicker would be funny.....washer racing up the quater mile anyone? ;)

V8 Novi
05-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Washing machine? I've never figured out how to use it..;)

black olive
05-04-2010, 09:28 PM
I tried givivng our machine a clean, bunged some bleach in and put it on a quick wash.

it was amazing how many bubbles came out of the soap dispenser drawer :ash

mikpeirce
05-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Wash without fabric conditioner, as using it can clog the pores of the microfibre cloths, reducing their effectiveness.

colintf
06-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Yeah, read the panel with anything that says 40 degree wash and turn the dial to that number :D

Although, uprated wahsing machines to make it go quicker would be funny.....washer racing up the quater mile anyone? ;)

....we do lawn mower racing in these parts :)

ColinE
06-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Used to have a 24 hr lawnmower race just up the road, was cut to 12 in recent years and is now looking for a new location - they take it very seriously