PDA

View Full Version : ebay sale?

Harrygsi
31-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Anyone dealt with these people? I notice they are new to ebay. This looks a good price for a new engine:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-MUSTANG-4-6-SOHC-V8-Long-engine-few-remaining_W0QQitemZ290416500611QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item439e2c1 f83

I am interested in the exhaust they have for sale....

Cheers
Peter

black olive
31-03-2010, 12:59 PM
there were issues with them - parts not for 260's and delivery etc. Andy G was going to send the boys round

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=5820

philthetorque
31-03-2010, 01:29 PM
I bought a Lower Arm & Anti-roll Bar link from them - no real promblems - response time was approx 1 week before I was in receipt of goods.

Phil.

Martin Warner
31-03-2010, 03:26 PM
I notice in the picture that the engine does not have the inlet manifold set up. The ex MGRover stock item that I bought from MacTech came with everything set up. The one they previously gave me without all the manifolding proved to be an MGRover faulty return item.

I am not saying that this is the case here but worth checking.

Martin
31-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Anyone dealt with these people? I notice they are new to ebay. This looks a good price for a new engine:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-MUSTANG-4-6-SOHC-V8-Long-engine-few-remaining_W0QQitemZ290416500611QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item439e2c1 f83

I am interested in the exhaust they have for sale....

Cheers
Peter

Hi I brought a gear box from these people seemed nice enough the box was advertised as for a 260 but when I received it it was clearly not. It was for a cable clutch Mustang and the 5th gear ratios were not the MG set up, and the gear box date stamp was 2001 clearly well before production of the 260's. Nick at Austin said there was too much work involved with making the Mustang unit fit so we used the good bits from mine and rebuilt with bits from the other unit. clearly not satisfactory, as I paid £800 for the box then had to pay Nick for a rebuild (although Nick did keep the costs to a minimum. The upshot is I don't think this chap knows the differences between Mustang and MG., although I do believe that he understood that what he was buying when he acquired the units they were genuine 260 parts. I am at the moment in talks with him re some cost to wards the rebuild. We will see.:rolleyes: Martin

Harrygsi
31-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Hmmmm! some issues here. Not in urgent need of anything but........who knows what might NOT be about when you do need it?

Thanks for comments guys.

Peter

ColinE
31-03-2010, 10:00 PM
I've had a couple of bits from them, no issues other than maybe time to ship, I think AndyG will have a few words to say on this issue as he met with the guys there and helped them identify MG vs non MG bits

BRM494
01-04-2010, 08:30 AM
I notice in the picture that the engine does not have the inlet manifold set up. The ex MGRover stock item that I bought from MacTech came with everything set up. The one they previously gave me without all the manifolding proved to be an MGRover faulty return item.

I am not saying that this is the case here but worth checking.

Mine from MacTech exactly as Martin said. Wrapped in a plastic bag on the original wooden pallet, fully dressed, only needed the exhaust manifolds swapped.

ColinE
01-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Mine from MacTech exactly as Martin said. Wrapped in a plastic bag on the original wooden pallet, fully dressed, only needed the exhaust manifolds swapped.

Just for future reference - do you have contact details for MacTech - tried Google but no luck

Martin Warner
01-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Ian Beckenham
Mactech Europe Limited
Unit 7
Scragg House
Langley Business Park
Langley Road
Langley
Macclesfield
Cheshire
SK11 0DG

T: 01625 503306
M: 07767 884865

ColinE
01-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Thanks Martin - appreciated

tonybubble
10-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi I brought a gear box from these people seemed nice enough the box was advertised as for a 260 but when I received it it was clearly not. It was for a cable clutch Mustang and the 5th gear ratios were not the MG set up, and the gear box date stamp was 2001 clearly well before production of the 260's. Nick at Austin said there was too much work involved with making the Mustang unit fit so we used the good bits from mine and rebuilt with bits from the other unit. clearly not satisfactory, as I paid £800 for the box then had to pay Nick for a rebuild (although Nick did keep the costs to a minimum. The upshot is I don't think this chap knows the differences between Mustang and MG., although I do believe that he understood that what he was buying when he acquired the units they were genuine 260 parts. I am at the moment in talks with him re some cost to wards the rebuild. We will see.:rolleyes: Martin
Hello Martin, GT Racing are advertising ZT 260 Gearboxes again - I'm assuming that they are the Mustang type that you got caught out on (Chris from GTR has told me that it is a TR 3650-6 box, but I'm guessing that this is the non MG adapted version). Did you get anywhere with them in sorting your troubles out? Regards, Tony.

Herman
10-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Hello Martin, GT Racing are advertising ZT 260 Gearboxes again - I'm assuming that they are the Mustang type that you got caught out on (Chris from GTR has told me that it is a TR 3650-6 box, but I'm guessing that this is the non MG adapted version). Did you get anywhere with them in sorting your troubles out? Regards, Tony.

The TR3650-6 should be the ZT one. There is a sticky on here somewhere regarding the Tremec.

SteveChilds
11-05-2010, 08:14 AM
The TR3650-6 should be the ZT one. There is a sticky on here somewhere regarding the Tremec.

I'd have thought the -6 referred to 6 speed? Bit misleading if it doesn't!

eurorover
12-05-2010, 01:32 PM
I have had A fair few bits lower arms a/c comp rack and pump no probs at all