PDA

View Full Version : going to view -service intervals?

rolled1
28-03-2010, 11:44 AM
New to the forum but currently own a diesel ZT,there is a really nice example for sale not far from me,no.079 BRG,a previous Concours winner that was brought to Ireland from Surrey last year and discussed in a previous thread earlier this week
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=5987

The car has just passed 30k and owner had a friend change oil and filter,is there more needing done at 30k/6 yr's? isnt this a major service(Inspection C)? car also needs taxed in April so how much more on top of sale price am I looking at for a proper Inspection C and tax,owner mentioned that a local ex-rover dealer were looking for an exorbitant amount for the 30k service so his mechanic mate did the oil/filters instead.All help appreciated

Martin
28-03-2010, 12:04 PM
New to the forum but currently own a diesel ZT,there is a really nice example for sale not far from me,no.079 BRG,a previous Concours winner that was brought to Ireland from Surrey last year and discussed in a previous thread earlier this week
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=5987

The car has just passed 30k and owner had a friend change oil and filter,is there more needing done at 30k/6 yr's? isnt this a major service(Inspection C)? car also needs taxed in April so how much more on top of sale price am I looking at for a proper Inspection C and tax,owner mentioned that a local ex-rover dealer were looking for an exorbitant amount for the 30k service so his mechanic mate did the oil/filters instead.All help appreciated

Hi she looks a nice motor before I brought mine I went onto "Spunagain" web site I can't give you the direct link as computers are still a mystery to me. On there you will find all the ins and outs of the 260 it's required reading. As for the cost's of servicing there are a number of really good people out there but I can't help you with your location although there will be some one here who can. Tax band is the same as my V6 16o was I think it's £260 approx for the year. If you buy it you will be an owner of a very rare car I think there were only about 800 units made again I will stand to be corrected on the exact numbers I have quoted.

Good Luck Martin

lowey260
28-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Here you go with regards the servicing intervals and other helpful information : http://www.spunagain.co.uk/ZT260page.html

try going onto the DVLA website and type in the registration that will give you the Tax details and how much it is per year I have posted the link below.

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/application?origin=vehicleEnquiryInfo_en.jsp&event=bea.portal.framework.internal.portlet.event&pageid=Vehicle+Enquiry&portletid=VehicleEnquiry&portletns=VehicleEnquiry_en&wfevent=link.next

And here is a guide to servicing costs :

Inspection Service at equivalent 15k
Parts: £47.34
Labour: 1.8hr/£81.00
Total: £128.34 plus VAT includes: oil and filter change

Inspection Service at equivalent 30k
Parts: £102.46
Labour: 2.15hr/£96.75
Total: £199.21 plus VAT includes the above plus pollen and air filters and handset battery

Inspection Service at equivalent 60k
Parts: £116.21
Labour: 2.4hr/£108.00
Total: £224.21 plus VAT includes both of the above plus coolant change

Additional activities includeBrake fluid change (£18.35 plus VAT) every two years
Diff oil change (£26.00 plus VAT) if it has never been done before and thereafter every 25k

AndyG
28-03-2010, 12:11 PM
http://www.spunagain.co.uk/ZT260page.html

EDIT: Snap :p

rolled1
28-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Ok,thank guy's so basically it shouldnt need servicing again as Inspection C is just an oil and filter change(which has already been done) with a thorough inspection thrown in.Martin a rare car indeed although I thought there was roughly 195 mk1 saloons made as opposed to 800,your mk1 tourer is a lot rarer again.Good luck

Ajay
28-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Ok,thank guy's so basically it shouldnt need servicing again as Inspection C is just an oil and filter change(which has already been done) with a thorough inspection thrown in.Martin a rare car indeed although I thought there was roughly 195 mk1 saloons made as opposed to 800,your mk1 tourer is a lot rarer again.Good luck

The "A" service type is just the oil/filter change at 5'000 miles. The "C" service/inspection is every 30'000 miles/2years and includes replacing the brake fluid [according to the Maintenance Check Sheet].

Martin
28-03-2010, 12:48 PM

Yes I see what you mean the approx figure i gave you was the total number of MK1's and MK 2's although as i said I stand to be corrected with the actual figures. Best of luck with the search I don't think you will be dissapointed with owning one of these great cars. There will be a lot of this going on :D:D:D

Martin

colintf
28-03-2010, 07:25 PM
hi rolled1 and welcome.

good luck in your viewing!

:cool:

MG260SEV8
07-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Think yourself lucky that you dont live in the South of Ireland

The road tax there for a 260 would be about £1500!!

Plus the 30%? Import Duty!

Makes £245 almost a bargain

Ian

rolled1
07-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Think yourself lucky that you dont live in the South of Ireland

The road tax there for a 260 would be about £1500!!

Plus the 30%? Import Duty!

Makes £245 almost a bargain

Ian
I do live in the south of Ireland Ian,well Donegal,as far north in Ireland as you can go,further north than Northern Ireland just to confuse things even further! but as I live close to the border with NI and have an address there also I can just about get away with paying Southern Ireland taxes and duties,havent gone to view the car because I know if I do I'll want to buy it there and then and at the moment im not in a position to do that,real pity though because its exactly what im after,dont like the mk2's(sorry) and dont like silver,black or red either.