PDA

View Full Version : Mr bountyfull returns from dreadnought

stevemiller
27-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Just had the car returned after some under bonnet mods. The car had been away for some time so let it have some!!!. Yesterday snow foamed and 3bm. Today quick snow foam and rinse followed by clay, rinse & dry. Then polished with AG ultra deep shine then body waxed with Harlys. Wheels waxed with turtle wax nano wheel wax and tyres treated to some megs high endurance.

http://img185.imageshack.us/g/img1401g.jpg/

Steve.

Tim
27-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Nice looking black box :D

stevemiller
27-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Nice looking black box :D
I have to say the engine bay now looks more complete!!!!

Steve.

GeoffW
27-03-2010, 05:48 PM
nice and shiny under that hood, another proud owner if ever there was one ;)

willow
27-03-2010, 06:48 PM
I assume the supercharger is new then! First impressions???

stevemiller
27-03-2010, 07:22 PM
I assume the supercharger is new then! First impressions???
The power is there no question but unlike the turbocharged cars I have had there is no waiting and then that nice shove of torque. It is almost the same linear delivery of the standard car just lots more of it, it fair go's!!!
Then there is the noise, don't push it and you would never no there is anything but a lovely yank V8 under the bonnet. However once pressed the whine is rather addictive.

As stated in a previous post the 50-70mph in top has dropped by almost a third so a big change. I will post other times soon.
It may be hard to justify 7.2k on a car that not worth much more but I would do it again knowing what I know now. I hope this helps anyone out there saving hard.

Steve.

Keith
27-03-2010, 07:25 PM
First and lasting impressions are (in the dry) snaking out of roundabouts in 2nd then up in to 3rd and then rocketing off leaving nearly everything else to become rapidly reducing small dots. :D

The boost from the SC is not instantaneous but does give a fair kick in the pants even with such a heavy car, passengers certainly notice my kids tend to go quiet for a while!

Unfortunately being able to continue the experiencing for more than a few seconds becomes a bit risky points wise as you rapidly hit the speed limit.

I need to find a private road as I want to see just how well mine continues to pull in 4th and up into 5th

In the wet, well, you need to be sensible and sober!

eState Trooper
27-03-2010, 07:30 PM
The noise is wonderful as you say, but is it masked by Zeros or X-Powers? One of the reasons I am still on standards.

colintf
27-03-2010, 07:37 PM
The power is there no question but unlike the turbocharged cars I have had there is no waiting and then that nice shove of torque. It is almost the same linear delivery of the standard car just lots more of it, it fair go's!!!
Then there is the noise, don't push it and you would never no there is anything but a lovely yank V8 under the bonnet. However once pressed the whine is rather additive.

As stated in a previous post the 50-70mph in top has dropped by almost a third so a big change. I will post other times soon.
It may be hard to justify 7.2k on a car that not worth much more but I would do it again knowing what I know now. I hope this helps anyone out there saving hard.

Steve.

looks good Steve

teh acceloration times would be very interesting ;) thanks!!

:cool:

stevemiller
27-03-2010, 09:47 PM
The noise is wonderful as you say, but is it masked by Zeros or X-Powers? One of the reasons I am still on standards.

I've had standards followed by XPowers now on Cobras. From the cabin the supercharger is not masked at all as it howls from 3k up. As for the Cobras they resonate at 50-60mph which is a bit of a pain as this is the speed most traffic moves at on A routes. I love the quad look but I will be moving back to the X's once I have had them cut back to suit the saloon, they are for the ZTT.
Unless someone has saloon's X's and need X's for there ZTT.

Steve.

Stu C
27-03-2010, 09:52 PM
looks good Steve

teh acceloration times would be very interesting ;) thanks!!

Looks like we definatly need a trip to Santa Pod (or other such quater mile venues) ;)

ColinE
27-03-2010, 10:01 PM
I think we need to plan a bank job!:D

Looks good and yes I am jealous ;)

willow
27-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Sounds fabulous.

How's it get on with the 260's traction control?

The first thing I do when I get in the 260 is turn it off as I find it annoying.

Does anyone actually use the traction control and find it useful?

I was going to ask Dreadnought their thoughts on it if I went for the upgrade.

"It may be hard to justify 7.2k on a car that not worth much more but I would do it again knowing what I know now. I hope this helps anyone out there saving hard."

I think £7.2k is ok. It moves the car up to the performance of cars costing several times that. Does anyone know the 0-60 of a SC'd 260?

AndyG
27-03-2010, 11:21 PM
I think we need to plan a bank job!:D

You need a Jag for that :~

ColinE
27-03-2010, 11:22 PM
You need a Jag for that :~

Think willow's got one:D

AndyG
27-03-2010, 11:23 PM
.. Does anyone know the 0-60 of a SC'd 260?

Around 5 secs

I am just over 6? to 80
EDIT: I was on an 1/8 mile drag strip, and beat a Marcus V8 by .06 of a sec :D

peterv8
27-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Could you please stop talking about SC's cause I can't stop reading about it and want one more for every post I read!!:D

Not this year and not next year and probably not the year after but then........(if I ask the wife nicely):funny

ColinE
27-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Could you please stop talking about SC's cause I can't stop reading about it and want one more for every post I read!!:D

Not this year and not next year and probably not the year after but then........(if I ask the wife nicely):funny

Thanks Peter - was thinking the same myself:D:D:D:D

AndyG
27-03-2010, 11:52 PM

It's not the SC but what it will do for you http://www.pistonheads.com/inc/images/hehe.gif http://www.pistonheads.com/inc/images/cloud9.gif

black olive
28-03-2010, 12:19 AM
nice- like the viewed stats on the pictures file, the underbonnet pic has the most views

ColinE
28-03-2010, 12:28 AM
nice- like the viewed stats on the pictures file, the underbonnet pic has the most views

That's all of us going 'wish that was mine'

stevemiller
28-03-2010, 12:36 AM
Sounds fabulous.

How's it get on with the 260's traction control?

The first thing I do when I get in the 260 is turn it off as I find it annoying.

Does anyone actually use the traction control and find it useful?

I was going to ask Dreadnought their thoughts on it if I went for the upgrade.

"It may be hard to justify 7.2k on a car that not worth much more but I would do it again knowing what I know now. I hope this helps anyone out there saving hard."

I think £7.2k is ok. It moves the car up to the performance of cars costing several times that. Does anyone know the 0-60 of a SC'd 260?

No traction control on Mr Bountyfull so no need to turn it off.

Steve.

black olive
29-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Ive had another look :D

wonder if Brain will do a dreadnought "value" conversion without the fancy engraving on the parts ??

ColinE
29-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Nice idea but don't think that's where the costs are :(;) shame though

stevemiller
07-04-2010, 10:12 PM
As promised the in gear figures. Auto car figures in brackets. Just to qualify the test, the car had just over 1/2 a tank and driver and two passengers. The road was as good as level, dry but not your perfect road. Also runs in both directions averaged. Please note this was carried out using stop watch and voice to hand delays so the real times for the supercharged times would be marginally better.

50-70 in 3rd 2.8s ( 3.8s)
50-70 in 4th 4.3s (5.5s)
50-70 in 5th 5.8s (8.7s)

70-90 in 3rd 4.0s (4.7s)
70-90 in 4th 4.2s (5.4s)
70-90 in 5th 5.3s (9.6s)

As you can see with the drop in time between the 5th gear 50-70 and 70-90 times once the car is in the right gear for the speeds its very linear in acceleration. Also from Autocar data the 50-70 time of 2.8 matches a Audi RS4, another 400bhp car.

Steve.

willow
08-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Very interesting! Thanks.

I'm still on holiday but am seriously thinking of taking the plunge when I get home.

How's it going? Are you fully satisfied with the SC?? Any problems/downsides?

colintf
08-04-2010, 07:20 PM
As promised the in gear figures. Auto car figures in brackets. Just to qualify the test, the car had just over 1/2 a tank and driver and two passengers. The road was as good as level, dry but not your perfect road. Also runs in both directions averaged. Please note this was carried out using stop watch and voice to hand delays so the real times for the supercharged times would be marginally better.

50-70 in 3rd 2.8s ( 3.8s)
50-70 in 4th 4.3s (5.5s)
50-70 in 5th 5.8s (8.7s)

70-90 in 3rd 4.0s (4.7s)
70-90 in 4th 4.2s (5.4s)
70-90 in 5th 5.3s (9.6s)

As you can see with the drop in time between the 5th gear 50-70 and 70-90 times once the car is in the right gear for the speeds its very linear in acceleration. Also from Autocar data the 50-70 time of 2.8 matches a Audi RS4, another 400bhp car.

Steve.

thats quick!!

ColinE
08-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Me want, me want, me want

kcv
08-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Very, very nice!

colintf
09-04-2010, 06:26 PM
wonder what the 30-50 times are like?

Keith
09-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Me want, me want, me want

Me got, me got, me got, ;)

wonder what the 30-50 times are like?

err you measure yours and I will see if I can beat it :D

ColinE
09-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Me got, me got, me got, ;)

err you measure yours and I will see if I can beat it :D

One can go off people you know!!!!!!!!!!! :D

stevemiller
10-04-2010, 01:44 AM
I have been looking at the way Autocar carry out their tests and I have to say that my figures are not in keeping with there tests. However my figures should go down as they appear to record there increments from a flying value where as I misunderstood in assuming a constant value at the start time.

I will update the new values soon.

Steve.

stevemiller
10-04-2010, 01:48 AM
Very interesting! Thanks.

I'm still on holiday but am seriously thinking of taking the plunge when I get home.

How's it going? Are you fully satisfied with the SC?? Any problems/downsides?

No problems the only downside would be the change in sound at the upper rev range 5k up I miss the full on V8 chat. Having said that the whine is not so bad.

Steve.

colintf
10-04-2010, 07:23 PM
I have been looking at the way Autocar carry out their tests and I have to say that my figures are not in keeping with there tests. However my figures should go down as they appear to record there increments from a flying value where as I misunderstood in assuming a constant value at the start time.

I will update the new values soon.

Steve.

good man!

John Newey
10-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Firstly, Brian (and Sean Hyland) recommend NON use of the traction control as there have been instances of exploding engines due to the basic cutting of fuel supply is how it operates. Secondly, there is so much more than just the figures when it comes to the Kenne Bell Supercharger-like doing @@mph and accelerating away to... well whatever speed to leave a "fast" Corsa for dead:D! Oh and lastly, had the chance to go out in the Vauxhall VXR8 Bathurst S DE51RED as of Clarkson fame and yeah, it's fast, but unpleasant. THe SC whine is overpowering and you can't even hear the engine, completely different to the nice sound of our Supercharged cars:D.

colintf
10-04-2010, 10:45 PM
good to hear the MG beats a Vauxhall (again) John!

willow
11-04-2010, 11:44 AM
No problems the only downside would be the change in sound at the upper rev range 5k up I miss the full on V8 chat. Having said that the whine is not so bad.

Steve.

Thanks Steve, that's good to know.

I'm still keen but have just bought another car so finances haved plunged for now!! :Duh

SVR
11-04-2010, 05:24 PM
good to hear the MG beats a Vauxhall (again) John!

Not on performance I fear.I would think the VXR8 was at least plus 100hp on the ZT400.

spartacus
11-04-2010, 06:27 PM
I'm still keen but have just bought another car so finances haved plunged for now!! :Duh

Oh god... what have you bought now??

ColinE
11-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Come on - do tell!!

colintf
11-04-2010, 08:32 PM
SV by any cance?

:)

willow
24-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Sorry guys. Not been on this thread for a while. Still away overseas.

I should have been home by now but had my flight cancelled this last week. Now I expect to be home Saturday 1st May.

I've just emailed my insurer to find out if they'd cover a Dreadnought supercharger upgrade. That's my first step. I'm still really keen!!

The new car I've bought .... very naughty. I've blown what I put aside for a possible SV!! :ash Better start saving again.

It's a salsa red XKR Convertible. :D

stevemiller
24-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Sorry guys. Not been on this thread for a while. Still away overseas.

I should have been home by now but had my flight cancelled this last week. Now I expect to be home Saturday 1st May.

I've just emailed my insurer to find out if they'd cover a Dreadnought supercharger upgrade. That's my first step. I'm still really keen!!

The new car I've bought .... very naughty. I've blown what I put aside for a possible SV!! :ash Better start saving again.

It's a salsa red XKR Convertible. :D

Class love them.

Steve.

colintf
24-04-2010, 07:11 PM
very nice to :thumb