PDA

View Full Version : My 04 SE For Sale

stevedj
12-03-2010, 03:00 PM
After 2 years of enjoyment, I'm selling. Being 'in between jobs' & running a second car (Rover 25 1400,) my head says to be sensible & sell it & my heart says blow it, keep the V8 & sell mum!

Attached are some pics & the For Sale sign. I'll be putting her on Ebay at the weekend.

Really, really, hope someone here is interested.

Steve.

dobbo
12-03-2010, 03:46 PM
I'd be pricing that at £7000 myself and looking to let people haggle a bit.

Pricing at £6000 leaves you no-where to go but down, and I'd say the car is worth more than that.

:)

greeners
12-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Steve

sorry you're having to sell,

I've read the advert, and I'd remove all the negative points

chip in windscreen, repaired by Autoglass,
If it's been repaired, then there's nothing wrong with it.
usual clunking noise from rear diff,
They all do that, so it's a trait rather then a faut.
common ?pull up on clutch to get the cruise working? thing,
Stick your arm up, and push the switch back down
front MG badge discoloured (have TwoSixties.com Mustang badge to replace it,)
Better to say it has a new 260's.com badge fitted.
handbrake may need adjustment at next service.
Again, if it works, don't highlight a "potential" problem.

Other then that, start at ?7K.....

good luck.
________
Babimac (http://twitter.com/SwiperboyzBabiM)

stevedj
12-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Have updated as suggested, thanks chaps.

Steve.

peterv8
12-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Steve

sorry you're having to sell,

I've read the advert, and I'd remove all the negative points

chip in windscreen, repaired by Autoglass,
If it's been repaired, then there's nothing wrong with it.
usual clunking noise from rear diff,
They all do that, so it's a trait rather then a faut.
common ?pull up on clutch to get the cruise working? thing,
Stick your arm up, and push the switch back down
front MG badge discoloured (have TwoSixties.com Mustang badge to replace it,)
Better to say it has a new 260's.com badge fitted.
handbrake may need adjustment at next service.
Again, if it works, don't highlight a "potential" problem.

Other then that, start at £7K.....

good luck.

Sorry you have to sell, my life is just starting with #217 as I only have driven it 2000km til winter came.
I agree with Greeners, If there are no major problems don't say it.
People always want to haggle so starting at £7..... is a good idea.

Good luck!

colintf
12-03-2010, 06:30 PM
sorry to see you selling - good luck!

:cool:

Blue Flash
12-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Get it parked up,it will cost you nothing and you won't regret unlike some that have sold theirs and then realised that they were a little hastie.

tapped
12-03-2010, 06:42 PM
I'd be pricing that at £7000 myself and looking to let people haggle a bit.

Pricing at £6000 leaves you no-where to go but down, and I'd say the car is worth more than that.

:)

Mind you if it was £6k I might just be able to convince the missus and get back in the fold......

robert.jamieson
12-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Hi,

Saw your thread, but can't seem to access the pictures or the advert. Problem with my access permission or something. Could you email them to me at rjamieson69@yahoo.com

Cheers

Rob

woolleysox
13-03-2010, 07:42 PM
same old problem Rob unless your a full member you carnt get full access.:( im sure one of the guys will post the pictures on the main forum to help

StephenL
13-03-2010, 09:26 PM
It's on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150423106520) now, so you can see the photos and description there.

It does seem ironic that the people who would be interested (non-owners) are the ones who aren't permitted to see the attachments :confused:

Tim
13-03-2010, 09:40 PM
If sellers put the pictures into the gallery then you can see them. Attachments are an issue. Our spam filter is better but we need to stop the potential of spams and virus attachments spreading into all our registered forum bods.

It's on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150423106520) now, so you can see the photos and description there.

It does seem ironic that the people who would be interested (non-owners) are the ones who aren't permitted to see the attachments :confused:

robert.jamieson
16-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Could anybody check to see if there is any info. on this model? I'm going to have a look at it on Friday and just wanted to know if there was anything on file as it were.

Cheers

Rob

colintf
17-03-2010, 06:56 PM
can you view all of the posters posts on here, it could give afew clues if you can.

Silver One
21-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Steve

Is our car still for sale? I did put an offer in on eBay but didn't hear back.

Cheers

James

stevedj
21-03-2010, 09:34 PM
The car is indeed still for sale & I've just changed the price. People have budgets & so I'm going to be reasonable.

Steve.

Stu C
21-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Ooo another 260 in the Basildon area! :) - Will keep my eye out for you (whilst you still have the car heh!) when i deliver to the tractor plant :)

stevedj
22-03-2010, 08:48 PM
She's been sold, I'm no longer one of you chaps. Till I get myself sorted financially, I'll be running around in my lil 25.

What an absolute joy it's been to own the 260, with the exception of fitting a new rad a few days after buying her 2 years ago, she's been faultless.

Steve.

Tim
22-03-2010, 09:02 PM
You'll get another Steve, I'm sure. ;)

She's been sold, I'm no longer one of you chaps. Till I get myself sorted financially, I'll be running around in my lil 25.

What an absolute joy it's been to own the 260, with the exception of fitting a new rad a few days after buying her 2 years ago, she's been faultless.

Steve.

SteveChilds
22-03-2010, 11:28 PM

Steve.

Looks like we've both sold our cars today! Lovely XPG example you've got there.

I'm going down a few pegs as well in the MG ladder, looking at a MGF for the summer whilst I wait for the perfect ZTT / 75t

colintf
23-03-2010, 06:50 PM

Steve.

glad you've enjoyed it.

Hope you have another some time soon!

colintf
23-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Looks like we've both sold our cars today! Lovely XPG example you've got there.

I'm going down a few pegs as well in the MG ladder, looking at a MGF for the summer whilst I wait for the perfect ZTT / 75t

good news with the sale Steve

StephenL
08-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Looks like this is for sale again on pistonheads at £7,995

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1682586.htm

willow
08-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Interesting. Does that mean the new buyer is selling it already????

spartacus
08-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Interesting. Does that mean the new buyer is selling it already???? Could have been bought by a trader I guess....

StephenL
08-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Could have been bought by a trader I guess....

I've just seen the same seller had another 260 for sale in January, so he might be really indecisive ;)

Tim
09-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Seems the trader is not so reasonable :(

Can't even remember the name of the exhausts.

The car is indeed still for sale & I've just changed the price. People have budgets & so I'm going to be reasonable.

Steve.