PDA

View Full Version : 75 Tourer & ZT-T Loadspace protectors

Zeb
20-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Protect your investment!

Just trying to gauge interest in made-to-measure, hand-built load area protectors for the 75 Tourer / ZT-T as some people on this forum have to use their cars for work or to carry around messy items or just need storage area that can be properly organised.

I have in mind two possibilities:

1) Load area only with side heights and any shelving, boxed areas or trays to the buyer's specification. A roof is also possible but reduces space available!

2) Load area + removable extension to go over the rear seats - side heights to buyer's spec and again with the option of shelving / boxes / trays etc.

These will be built from strong but lightweight marine ply with a pine frame, glued and screwed - all FSC certified wood natch! They will also have a waterproof matt varnish applied.

The idea would be that they will be relatively easy to remove with a Phillips screwdriver but will offer considerably better protection than the current plastic load area protectors available.

Price and time-frames will be dependent upon spec but will be very reasonable!

If this sounds useful and you might be interested then please email me, PM me or post on this thread....

AndyG
20-02-2010, 12:55 PM
These do come up on Ebay. (Propper rubber ones.)

I use a heavy duty rubber mat that is full fit.

;)

leadfoot
23-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Could you build an oven in mine please Zeb? :~

Zeb
23-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Could you build an oven in mine please Zeb? :~

Hmmm...howsabout I could build you one with those nice brass handles and a little plaque with your name on? :fight

leadfoot
24-02-2010, 03:03 PM
That would be fine, nice shiny black oak,with a red leather lining please.