PDA

View Full Version : zt 260 Engine Parts

Mike 260
07-02-2010, 04:03 PM
I have a complete dismantled ZT 260 engine that had done 22k. Engine has one bent con rod, yes bent!

All engine parts available, crank, 7 rods and pistons block, heads clutch, flywheel etc etc.

Contact me if you need any parts.

Mike.

leadfoot
08-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Dare I ask how it got a bent rod?

Tim
08-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Mike if you list what you have with a price next to it people will be better placed to pick and choose. That way you want be asked the same questions on availability.

Mike 260
08-02-2010, 08:44 PM
I will type a list later.

With the other question I had, how do you bend a rod, well I will also post a picture.

From my days of saloon car racing, rods allways fail in compression, the rods may bend but it usually shatters within a few revolutions if the engine is screaming. It is more likely this was a partial heat sieze in the bore, as the piston is scored. Bad tolerance from the factory. Bore looks ok and will hone easily, the crank is also fine.

Just to make everyone green with envy I am going to build another engine, and I have obtained a genuine ford motorsport cobra specification steel crankshaft (new), it's the fully counterbalanced variant, and should be good for 9,000 rpm (if the other components would go there). Now looking for a SVO Ford block to build it in.

AndyG
08-02-2010, 09:19 PM
I ........Just to make everyone green with envy I am going to build another engine, and I have obtained a genuine ford motorsport cobra specification steel crankshaft (new), it's the fully counterbalanced variant, and should be good for 9,000 rpm (if the other components would go there). Now looking for a SVO Ford block to build it in.

Its the way to go :D

ColinE
08-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Its the way to go :D

Not until I win the lottery - building mine up and running it on a shoestring

AndyG
08-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Not until I win the lottery - building mine up and running it on a shoestring

I have added: 5 - 1 - 9 - 13 - 4 - 2, to my lottery numbers.
My vin and date of manufacture..

If it wins it would be immoral not to spend it on the car :D

or Buy an SV-R :1

SteveW
09-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Mike, could be interested in the pulleys at the right price.
The after market items fitted on mine are looking a bit rusty and tatty so would like to take them off and get them cleaned up and possible plated.
A set of spares to use while I doing that would be useful.

Martin
09-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Look even me cars gone GREEN.................................:D>>>>>> and him so thats us all geen here. good luck Martin (Still green)

Keith
23-02-2010, 01:44 PM
I would just like to thank Mike for the replacement PAS pump he has sent to me. My existing one has a bit of a leak so once the weather improves I have another little weekend job to do.