PDA

View Full Version : History of BJ05 HFC - red ZT260?

(keep quiet!)
24-01-2010, 04:50 PM
As per title.

BJ05HFC - 260 saloon, I currently don't know it's VIN.

Does anyone know this car or the history of it? It's a red (possibly Solar Red looking from images). It's advertised with 50K on the clock and appears to have a fair few options fitted.

Tim
24-01-2010, 05:36 PM
It's Rio Red Simon and near the end of the production run before the collapse. (March 2005)

(keep quiet!)
24-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Thanks Tim :)

I wondered if anyone on here owned this car previously or had knowledge of anyone owning it.

I'll hopefully take a look at it in the coming week (fingers crossed). Is there anything that I should look out for that might be potential problems/barganing points?

black olive
25-01-2010, 01:12 PM
have a look at spunagains site for niggles.

all sortable but good bargaining fodder..

http://www.spunagain.co.uk/ZT260page.html

rare
31-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Im guessing this is the red one on autotrader currently? Did you get to go see it in the end?

Tim
31-01-2010, 10:03 AM
ooooppps! I missed you query, hope its not too late. If you look on the V8 section of the 75&ZT club there is a sticky at the top to answer your initial questions about what to look for. :D

Thanks Tim :)

I wondered if anyone on here owned this car previously or had knowledge of anyone owning it.

I'll hopefully take a look at it in the coming week (fingers crossed). Is there anything that I should look out for that might be potential problems/barganing points?

rare
12-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Looking at this tommorow:D Heres hoping!!

tonybubble
12-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Looking at this tommorow:D Heres hoping!!
Private Message sent.

rare
13-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Saw this today. Staff were very friendly and very helpfull. Its on autotrader for 7993, but when I got there it was up 8995...

Drove it, seems to drive well. First time I have drove a 260, the sound was fantastic! LOVE the weight of the controls, reminds me of an old E30 325 I once had with a heavy clutch:D Needs two front tyres as they are very bald on the outsides, and the rear bumper is scratched due to people loading stuff in to the boot. The boot is damp? Do they all suffer this? Seems like a lot of condensation on the boot when I opened it up.

Kerbed wheels...to be expected I guess. Wasnt able to get to the deal I wanted so came home and am going to have a think about it. Awesome car though, just a shame it needs some money spent on it to make it mint.

Rear Bumper, tyres, little d dents in two doors, kerbed wheels. The plastic with the seat controls for the driver chair was also broken off the seat frame, again is this common? Was a bit gutted that it wasnt mint otherwise I would of paid up and drove off with it there and then. Hmmm. Cant be to choosey though not many around is there! Especially when I have a car to P/X....

tonybubble
13-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Idle curiosity question - what is your part exchange car?

greeners
13-02-2010, 05:51 PM
My boot was damp, but it's due to the time it spent sitting around. Now it's being used it's back to normal
________
Mercury Cougar Picture (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mercury_Cougar)

rare
13-02-2010, 05:59 PM
I did get your PM tony, thank you:)

2003 (52 plate) 330Ci Sport coupe automatic. They offered me £6000 for it. But that was with them selling the MG at 8500. What they would of really done is "sold" the MG at 7999 and written my car in at 5500. It just sounds more impressive to offer me 6000 and sell the MG at 8500:rolleyes:

Would of taken it there and then, but wasnt happy with having to find £2500 to change (was thinking more 1500) and then having to buy two new tyres/do an oil service/pain the bumper...just before I walked out the door they offered me 2000 to change. They were nice to deal with though, so I am not saying anything bad about them. Their idea of how much their MG was worth and my idea of what it was worth with the work it needed doing wasnt the same though. Great cars mind you!! Loved it!

colintf
13-02-2010, 07:25 PM
There are better ones out there for similar / less money.

How about sell yours p/x car and then buy Tony's V8 for example?

:cool:

jonvon999
16-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Hi All

Just came across this thread - I bought this car in March. I had been considering getting a 260 for a couple of years so decided to go for this as it was in the colour/spec I was after...
So far I have refurbed the alloys to original black chrome and put 2 new tyres on. What a huge difference mint wheels make to a car!
It's booked in at Austin Garages at the end of June for a 60k service as well as a few other odds and ends. Once that's done I'll get the dents removed and the rear bumper sprayed.
I've also fitted the 16:9 widescreen, mk4 dvd drive and 16:9 tv tuner and chnaged the dash trim to mk1 glossy grey inserts.
The chassis number is 878 so is a late car and has twin horns, 4 grab handles and the BM54 radio unit as standard fit.
Planned mods:
Black olive heater valve
Heater hose
260's badges
Zero exhausts
Illuminated sunvisors
Ipod connection
Not sure whether to put R75 walnut in...
Then sell another car to supercharge it!

What a fantastic resource this is by the way!

Julianp
16-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Hi,
If you're taking your car to Nick at Austin Garages he has a very good body man nearby and can arrange for that work to be done for you. I also had a bumper scratch and a tiny dent in my driver's door (both thanks to other careless parkers) dealt with during a service visit and was very pleased with the results.
Julian.

jonvon999
16-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Thanks Julian
I'll book another night's B&B!

colintf
17-06-2010, 11:03 PM
Hi All

Just came across this thread - I bought this car in March. I had been considering getting a 260 for a couple of years so decided to go for this as it was in the colour/spec I was after...
So far I have refurbed the alloys to original black chrome and put 2 new tyres on. What a huge difference mint wheels make to a car!
It's booked in at Austin Garages at the end of June for a 60k service as well as a few other odds and ends. Once that's done I'll get the dents removed and the rear bumper sprayed.
I've also fitted the 16:9 widescreen, mk4 dvd drive and 16:9 tv tuner and chnaged the dash trim to mk1 glossy grey inserts.
The chassis number is 878 so is a late car and has twin horns, 4 grab handles and the BM54 radio unit as standard fit.
Planned mods:
Black olive heater valve
Heater hose
260's badges
Zero exhausts
Illuminated sunvisors
Ipod connection
Not sure whether to put R75 walnut in...
Then sell another car to supercharge it!

What a fantastic resource this is by the way!

good man. Enjoy it :thumb

jonvon999
19-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks Colin :D

StephenL
17-07-2010, 11:18 PM
I began to think I'd never see the day....

I've just driven back from Co Durham today with this (my new car!!!).

The recent owner (MGCC member) has done lots of works tidying up any little imperfections (even bought a new airbag warning sticker to replace a marked one!), fitted all the standard mods, upgraded all the nav / screen / tv tuner components and had a major service done at Austin Garages. Just when it's back to almost perfect condition, he's now decided he wants an SL500, so was looking to sell this (and an RV8 he's had for a few years).

Although it's got a little more mileage than I really wanted (55K), it's got a full (every 5K) main dealer service history and otherwise it's my perfect car (Rio Red, Mk2, SE). I was also thinking the mileage wasn't that important, since I won't be doing that many miles in it, but after driving it back today, I'm not sure about that anymore :D

The only thing that didn't live up to expectations was the ... fuel economy - I got 27.8 mpg on the way back (averaging just over 70mph), which is more than I was expecting and not really any different to my previous ZT190.

Now to work out which exhaust to buy...

(I've already emailed Tim my questionnaire)

Stephen

ColinE
17-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Congratulations!!

As you'll see you've got loads of reading to do

Take a look at the club shop and let me know if you want anything - like a nice set of enamel badges

And Tim's set you to green already!!

Tim
17-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Congrats and welcome to all that is green Stephen :)

colintf
18-07-2010, 03:01 PM
I began to think I'd never see the day....

I've just driven back from Co Durham today with this (my new car!!!).

The recent owner (MGCC member) has done lots of works tidying up any little imperfections (even bought a new airbag warning sticker to replace a marked one!), fitted all the standard mods, upgraded all the nav / screen / tv tuner components and had a major service done at Austin Garages. Just when it's back to almost perfect condition, he's now decided he wants an SL500, so was looking to sell this (and an RV8 he's had for a few years).

Although it's got a little more mileage than I really wanted (55K), it's got a full (every 5K) main dealer service history and otherwise it's my perfect car (Rio Red, Mk2, SE). I was also thinking the mileage wasn't that important, since I won't be doing that many miles in it, but after driving it back today, I'm not sure about that anymore :D

The only thing that didn't live up to expectations was the ... fuel economy - I got 27.8 mpg on the way back (averaging just over 70mph), which is more than I was expecting and not really any different to my previous ZT190.

Now to work out which exhaust to buy...

(I've already emailed Tim my questionnaire)

Stephen

thats the sort of mpg I normally see on a long run.

29mpg coming back from LeMans last week, fully laden as well!

congrats and well done :thumb

jonvon999
24-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Hi Stephen - just noticed your post! I'm really pleased you're enjoying the car...27.8 mpg must be due to the service, don't think I ever got that...
Still looking for an SL500, lots of poor ones viewed so far.
Happy 260-ing!