PDA

View Full Version : How annoying

dobbo
15-01-2010, 02:12 PM
When I was looking for a 260 a few months back, I arranged to go and view a stunning british racing green concourse winning car which was for sale at a very good price. Sadly it sold to a bloke in Ireland.

Who apparently less than 6 months later is selling it on:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1413898.htm

Wonder why? Either way, I'm bloody annoyed because I really really wanted that car.

:(

spartacus
15-01-2010, 03:39 PM
I spotted that earlier - very strange. Nice car though, shame I've already got one :D

ksilver
15-01-2010, 04:48 PM
shame I've already got one :D

But not as good as having two :p

With prices the way they are I have pondered the idea of having a spare :D

Keith
15-01-2010, 05:04 PM
At one stage I had the V8 the 190 and the CDT

You just won't get the use out of two and we all know the 75/ZT range just loves to eat batteries if left standing for more than a millisecond or two!

colintf
15-01-2010, 07:10 PM
When I was looking for a 260 a few months back, I arranged to go and view a stunning british racing green concourse winning car which was for sale at a very good price. Sadly it sold to a bloke in Ireland.

Who apparently less than 6 months later is selling it on:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1413898.htm

Wonder why? Either way, I'm bloody annoyed because I really really wanted that car.

:(

Very strange Ben, you obviously weren't meant to have it. Unless you are considering buying it and selling the one you have now?

:cool:

Andrew M
22-01-2010, 04:18 PM
"a stunning british racing green concourse winning car which was for sale at a very good price. Sadly it sold to a bloke in Ireland".....

That was MY car (Car No. 079)..and YES I too have spotted it for sale on Pistonheads. Can't remember talking/corresponding to you "Dobbo"?
I sold it, last June, to a chap from Ireland as he was the first to come up to near the asking price.
I got an email from his son,the other week, and apparently he bought it as a toy as he had cancer and was off work for a year. The good news is that he has now returned back to work but as he has lots of miles to travel is looking for a "big diesel" - Hence my old car is back up for sale.
Yes; My car won the MGCC South East Summer Concourse in 2008 @ Borde Hill and was in immac condition + Had what I think? were the last brand New X-Powers available, fitted.
I sold the car to use my MGF more....which unfortunately was written off last September....and I was then left MG'less!
I'm now looking again....and YES (Tim Hayton watch this space) ....I may? be one of those owners who sell their 260...& then return back into the fold later on after regretting seling their 260!!
The only problem with my old car ...is despite being one of the best out there....It's £500+ to get it back again (Flight / ferry /fuel etc..).
My wife would also rather I get an MGF/TF first (ready for the summer).

Regards, Andrew Mitchell

tonybubble
22-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Hi Andrew, I got a Ryan Air flight for £9 and the ferry for £70, a couple of weeks ago, to collect mine. Oh and £70 of fuel. Go for it!!
Regards, Tony.

dobbo
25-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Hi Andrew - you didn't hear from me, I had a pal in the area who spoke to you and was going to come and see the car on my behalf, if all was well I was going to drive down with a wad of cash. Before any of that could happen the car sold!

Thanks for the update on the reason for the sale.