PDA

View Full Version : Re Radiator hoses

Graeme Knight
10-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Hi, I am after a full set of radiator hoses for a 260ZT SE. I have emailed a couple of UK suppliers but no luck and no one in Australia has even a remote idea of where to get them, even the supposed "local supplier". Can anyone help please. Thanks, Graeme Knight :ash

pessling
10-01-2010, 10:39 PM
you could try premier auto parts http://www.premierautomotiveparts.co.uk/ if you can find the part numbers you should be able to search for them, they have lots of things going cheap at the min, another source is rimmer bros, visit their web site, they have a very good system so you can see what ones you are after and if they are in stock

AndyG
11-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Can we not get silicone ones made?

Nich
11-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Wasn't someone on here collecting a set of hoses a while back with a view to duplicating in silicon? I have a dim and distant memory but............:confused:

Nich.

AndyG
11-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Wasn't someone on here collecting a set of hoses a while back with a view to duplicating in silicon? I have a dim and distant memory but............:confused:
Nich.

That was Heater hose. ;)

Not enough interest :mad:
I am still interested in changing any/all hoses to silicone

:D

ksilver
11-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Are they not the same as the mustang ones?

I have seen various mustang hoses in silicone and assorted colours on tuner websites I would imagine they should fit unless something is different.

pessling
11-01-2010, 04:18 PM
some would fit, but i would guess not many, due to most of the hoses going to mgr parts, i'm looking into going the samco route, but am waiting on something to come through the post any day now, then i can start looking into it.

Tim
11-01-2010, 09:14 PM
If I'm not around when Graeme comes on line ask him to post pictures of his carbon fibre bits :D Very nice indeed.

He's also got the spintex (kennie bell) s/c on his oz car.

Welcome aboard Graeme, a lot to read dude.

ksilver
12-01-2010, 08:09 AM
some would fit, but i would guess not many, due to most of the hoses going to mgr parts, i'm looking into going the samco route, but am waiting on something to come through the post any day now, then i can start looking into it.

I assume our radiator is different to the mustang and/or located differently.

pessling
12-01-2010, 02:01 PM
If I'm not around when Graeme comes on line ask him to post pictures of his carbon fibre bits :D Very nice indeed.

He's also got the spintex (kennie bell) s/c on his oz car.

Welcome aboard Graeme, a lot to read dude.

i remember seeing it when it was for sale, someone posted the pictures up on here. Carbon covered dash i seem to remember?

v8fangio
25-01-2010, 06:16 AM
Can we make a list of members interested in having a set of silicon radiator hoses made.?

leadfoot
16-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Yes Ill have a set,but not in that chav blue,X-Power green or black please.Surely if not available from normal sources the hoses are a big problem waiting to happen.

John Newey
16-02-2010, 05:46 PM
I did start another thread about silicon hoses and after various e-mails to and from Samco, it appears that they'll look at costings so long as we have between 15 and 20 orders for a full set. Last time I counted it was over 30(?). There does seem some confusion however as to which part numbers are for left hand drive and which are for right hand drive. I'm currently waiting for Samco to give me a more accurate idea of how much etc. etc.

AndyG
16-02-2010, 05:53 PM
.. I'm currently waiting for Samco to give me a more accurate idea of how much etc. etc.

Thanks John. :love

ColinE
16-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Nice one John!