PDA

View Full Version : ZT400 on Autotrader

dobbo
11-12-2009, 10:13 AM
This looks pretty good value:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/200950348053614/sort/datedesc/usedcars/make/mg/engine-size-cars/4l_to_4-9l/atcide/eat4/searchcontext/alert/alert-email-date/20091211/saved-search-id/322889/page/1/postcode/kt199ts?previous=%2Fsearch%2Fresults%2Fusedcars%2F postcode%2Fkt199ts%2Fmake%2Fmg%2Fengine-size-cars%2F4l_to_4-9l%2Fatcide%2Feat4%2Fsearchcontext%2Falert%2Falert-email-date%2F20091211%2Fsort%2Fdatedesc%2Fsaved-search-id%2F322889%2Fpage%2F1&anchor=advert200950348053614&logcode=p

I'm not sure I like the wheels and it's missing some of the SE goodies but still cheaper than buying one and paying for an SC conversion.

ksilver
11-12-2009, 01:39 PM
OK I've got the £5, can someone lend me £10,990 :]

Lot of car for the cash, anyone on here?

woolleysox
11-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Another great looking car what mpg would you expect with the super charger. ir would it be gpm?

AndyG
11-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Another great looking car what mpg would you expect with the super charger. ir would it be gpm?

Better than a non SC ;)

Martin Warner
11-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Better than a non SC ;)

He is right. I reckon my ZT-T is about 5mpg better with the blower for normal wandering about (4th and 5th gears are all you need). However if you drive like a lunatic the fuel can disappear very quickly, but sometimes it is worth every penny!

Martin

ColinE
11-12-2009, 09:23 PM
He is right. I reckon my ZT-T is about 5mpg better with the blower for normal wandering about (4th and 5th gears are all you need). However if you drive like a lunatic the fuel can disappear very quickly, but sometimes it is worth every penny!

Martin

That happens in mine without a SC, perhaps that's because my other cars a 3.5t Van

lowey260
18-12-2009, 07:43 PM
I have been making a few enquiries regarding this particular car. It seems to have been standing for quite sometime as the Vin is number 239 and yet registered in 2006. I would love to have a supercharged version and this has very low mileage compared to the 60k now on mine. Im seriously considering buying and insuring it on the Peter Best classic policy with limited mileage and just use it at weekends like alot of you. Tim have you any details on Vin 239? I have emailed Brian who cannot offer alot of information apart from the date of conversion. I know it looks a bit what shall I say CHAV but changing them wheels back to Apex's would be a start, SE spec does not bother me as mine is non SE spec anyway. Now just gotta try to negotiate on the price. It was for sale privately a few weeks ago for the same price but has since appeared at the dealers for sale again at £10995.

Tim
18-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Got nothing which would suggest it has been in any scraps etc. You're right about the registration as it was not a pre-reg and came off the line on 25th Feb 2004.

I have been making a few enquiries regarding this particular car. It seems to have been standing for quite sometime as the Vin is number 239 and yet registered in 2006. I would love to have a supercharged version and this has very low mileage compared to the 60k now on mine. Im seriously considering buying and insuring it on the Peter Best classic policy with limited mileage and just use it at weekends like alot of you. Tim have you any details on Vin 239? I have emailed Brian who cannot offer alot of information apart from the date of conversion. I know it looks a bit what shall I say CHAV but changing them wheels back to Apex's would be a start, SE spec does not bother me as mine is non SE spec anyway. Now just gotta try to negotiate on the price. It was for sale privately a few weeks ago for the same price but has since appeared at the dealers for sale again at £10995.

spartacus
19-12-2009, 07:56 AM
I Im seriously considering buying and insuring it on the Peter Best classic policy with limited mileage and just use it at weekends like alot of you. I know it looks a bit what shall I say CHAV but changing them wheels back to Apex's would be a start...

If you do buy it and want to sell those wheels, I know a chav who likes shiny things who might take them off your hands for a reasonable price... :ash

colintf
19-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Got nothing which would suggest it has been in any scraps etc. You're right about the registration as it was not a pre-reg and came off the line on 25th Feb 2004.

3 cars before mine (242) which didn't get registered untill 54 plates came out

lowey260
19-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Well I have emailed the dealer today who has told me someone else is going to view on Tuesday from Norfolk, with a view to purchase. I have agreed to a deal in principal but to secure the car the dealer wants a £500 deposit. Now I have not even been to see the car yet and due to work commitments will not be able to until the new year.So is this the usual dealer ploy?? or is there someone really coming from Norfolk on Tuesday.
He has said he can store the car until the new year if I pay the deposit but what if I get there and its not what I was expecting. It's been described as immaculate and excellent so Im expecting it to be beyond my expectations. I cant really afford to lose my deposit if its not as good as has been described.
Any views? or anyone on here from Norfolk planning a visit on Tuesday???

spartacus
19-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Just tell him that the deposit must be refundable if the car isn't as described, and get it in writing. Buy it if it's good and sell me the wheels - simples!

V8 Novi
20-12-2009, 10:46 AM
[Any views? or anyone on here from Norfolk planning a visit on Tuesday???[/quote]

I'm the only member who has admitted to living in Norfolk. Much as I would like a supercharged 260, I can't really afford one. And the one I've got is a cracker anyway!

Anyway, I for one am NOT the hypothetical potential buyer from Norfolk...

Colin

lowey260
20-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Guys,

I feel sick:vomit

This car was for sale a few weeks ago as a private sale. At the time I was interested so printed off the details but could not really afford it or had the time to go and view. Then browsing on here I saw DOBBO had posted a link and the exact same car was now being advertised by a dealer. Well I have negotiated a price with the dealer as I have already said but today I have contacted the previous owner who's number I had kept from his previous advertisement, a very very nice guy.
He advertised it on Autotrader for a total of 5 weeks and in all that time not one single phonecall.He was getting desperate so in the end had to part exchange it. He went to a Peugeot dealer in Newbury who gave him, WAIT FOR IT £6500.
having spoken to him today he seems a really nice guy, told me everything about the car and really looked after it. he bought it with 800 miles on the clock from SMC In Slough. He has spent with the upgrades a total of £22000 for this car and got £6500 in part exchange. I am now sat here so:mad: that I did not call him 6 weeks ago when he advertised it. One hell of a bargain that would have been.
Now its all about calling the dealers Bluff and holding out to see if this Norfolk guy turns up on Tuesday.

salamander
20-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Bummer! What a steel it would have been at that price. Call the dealers bluff, then offer him what you think its worth to you bearing in mind what it might have cost him.

Now you have spoken to the previous owner and got a little of the cars history, you have the upper hand. Offer them a lower price and see where it goes. You can always edge it up. Can not see many people wanting guzzlers with the current fuel prices.....unless you are like us of course.

Good luck.

Dazza
20-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Hi there, how much is a s/c conversion these days? Last I knew they were £6k.
I really need to sell mine and am OPEN TO OFFERS!!!

lowey260
20-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Cheers Rod,

Im going to hold out as you say and wait to see if this Norfolk guy is for real before going in with a lower offer.
If he is for real and then turns up on here as new member I will be well gutted.

Dazza, the supercharger conversion is £6000 which makes this car such a bargain and while im feeling so sick at the minute. I already have a 260 just want it to be 400 now instead.

dobbo
20-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Christ that car at £6500 is rediculous. That means the dealer has a lot of margin in it, good luck and I hope you get it!

:)

lowey260
21-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Just a quick update, I spoke to the dealer today who was expecting me to pay a deposit. I was completely upfront with him and explained how I had spoken to the previous owner who and informed me what he had got for it in part exchange.As you would imagine his response was well whatever he had paid for the car was not relevant, and the sale price was fair. I have said if the car is still available in the new year I would be happy to pay a fair price for it but at the moment giving him £4500 for what I can only see is a wash and polish on top of the price he bought it at was not my idea of a fair price. To be honest If I did buy it for the £10995 it would always be in the back of my mind I had given over the odds to some greedy dealer.

NOCTURNAL
21-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Just "fessing -up" to being from Norfolk :)
Wasn't a secret ;)

I know of Peter also in norfolk, and there are 3-4 others around not on the forums,

It seems he didn't deny the amount paid then LOL.... just claimed it was fair...

I used to watch the prices when looking for mine and for a month or two after and watched this practice by SMC and others over and over again.

of course there is perceived value in buying from a 'Main dealer' however...:rolleyes:

Fraid you are not going to get away from it.... The majority are afraid of them (260's) the S/C adds another unknown... so low bids...

Main dealer knows theres a market for good ones....adds perceived quality.... along with a nice little earner...

Sucks... But.....

Edit not trying to teach anyone to suck eggs... but they've been doing it for the last 3 years...

scooter
22-12-2009, 08:40 AM
The last Supercharger installations cost £6700 in VAT. In my opinion it does not matter what the trade in price was or how much mark up the dealer has. Its the true value that the next owner is prepared to set on the car that is important. I would think that the asking price is good value if the car is in good condition. I can't comment on this car as we have not seen it since it left us.We will have to put up the cost of our conversion due to the VAT increase and the state of the pound against the dollar which will probably make it too expensive. The fact is once we pay all the import taxes, carriage, agents handling charges, take it 70 miles there and back to the rolling road then add 5 days work we would be better off spending the time on other things.:~

colintf
22-12-2009, 07:10 PM
The last Supercharger installations cost £6700 in VAT. In my opinion it does not matter what the trade in price was or how much mark up the dealer has. Its the true value that the next owner is prepared to set on the car that is important. I would think that the asking price is good value if the car is in good condition. I can't comment on this car as we have not seen it since it left us.We will have to put up the cost of our conversion due to the VAT increase and the state of the pound against the dollar which will probably make it too expensive. The fact is once we pay all the import taxes, carriage, agents handling charges, take it 70 miles there and back to the rolling road then add 5 days work we would be better off spending the time on other things.:~

I just can't save enough fast enough!!

:cool:

ksilver
22-12-2009, 07:48 PM
3 cars before mine (242) which didn't get registered untill 54 plates came out

I have #317 registered September 2006

Martin
22-12-2009, 07:58 PM

Don't go around saying things like that I've just brought mine and it will take me a few more months to get the spondulics together for an S/C my luck is you will stop just as I've got the mular...................... Martin :(

spartacus
22-12-2009, 08:33 PM
I have #317 registered September 2006

... and I have 798 registered May 2005. I guess mine was used rather than 'stored'

pessling
22-12-2009, 09:08 PM
860 also registered 2005,

If you stop installing them Scooter, can we fit them ourselves and get the mapping from you for use some where else?

scooter
23-12-2009, 09:45 PM
We will not stop fitting them but the cost keeps going up. It makes you wonder if you can sell them. We will keep the price down as much as we can. We are not allowed to sell the kit on, it is part of the agreement with Sean and Kenni Bell. Kenni Bell will not sell a kit to Europe for a ZT260 unless its through Sean and we fit it. We wanted to have a fitting centre in England but it was not allowed due to concerns about standards.

pessling
24-12-2009, 01:28 PM
We will not stop fitting them but the cost keeps going up. It makes you wonder if you can sell them. We will keep the price down as much as we can. We are not allowed to sell the kit on, it is part of the agreement with Sean and Kenni Bell. Kenni Bell will not sell a kit to Europe for a ZT260 unless its through Sean and we fit it. We wanted to have a fitting centre in England but it was not allowed due to concerns about standards.

In a way thats a good thing, at least you know the high standards of your work, so is better that way.

ColinE
24-12-2009, 03:07 PM

Thank heaven for that - I'll keep saving then :D

stevemiller
25-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Now have 4.5 k set aside and now saving harder due to the scare of reading earlier posts from scooter. I hope to have the sums complete by feb/march.

Mr Bountyfull is currently tucked up in my brothers garage as we no longer have the space at home due to the daughters. Missing that V8 burble, I was hoping to drive up to Scotland where the car is and have it over the xmas period. Now due to the snow I will have to wait for 2010.

Merry xmas all.

Steve.

scooter
26-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Now have 4.5 k set aside and now saving harder due to the scare of reading earlier posts from scooter. I hope to have the sums complete by feb/march.

Mr Bountyfull is currently tucked up in my brothers garage as we no longer have the space at home due to the daughters. Missing that V8 burble, I was hoping to drive up to Scotland where the car is and have it over the xmas period. Now due to the snow I will have to wait for 2010.

Merry xmas all.

Steve.

No panic! Just do not know what the price will be, the pound my even go up against the dollar and bring the price down.

stevemiller
26-12-2009, 07:05 PM
No panic! Just do not know what the price will be, the pound my even go up against the dollar and bring the price down.
Thanks for putting my mind to rest, will be saving just as hard.

Steve.

black olive
27-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Ive been squirreling away heater valve profits but at this rate am going to have to do all the V8's in existence.