PDA

View Full Version : Pistonheads - Monogram 260

Stu C
30-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Spotted this on pistonheads! - Looks a stunning motor, anyones on here?

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1375425.htm

Cheers

Stu

P.s. Rob, sod the black estate get this!

colintf
30-11-2009, 09:35 PM
It looks familiar to me Stu, I'm sure its been on here before, but not often. Maybe only when owner had issues with it?

If its all up together and ok seems a lot of car for the money. i can't see if it has a sunroof or not in those pics.

And then there's teh sound with those cams, it's crying out for X Power tubes!!

:cool:

Merl
30-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Now at that price I am tempted to sell mine and get that!!!

Such a varying degree in prices at the moment on these things...

No sunroof. I can tell on here and it's def missing one...

Manxmann
30-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Spotted this on pistonheads! - Looks a stunning motor, anyones on here?

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1375425.htm

Cheers

Stu

P.s. Rob, sod the black estate get this!

I'm sure that was for sale on PH when I was buying mine a couple of years back, I distinctly remember the colour + cams etc. Was around 10k if memory serves back then.

dobbo
01-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Some choice upgrades there, I'd say that's a lot of car for the money!

geeteeone
01-12-2009, 11:58 AM
'Tis my 260 on Pistonheads!

Due to financial constraints, something has had to give, unfortunately it's the car :(

No sunroof. I can tell on here and it's def missing one...

Nope, no sunroof. Techincally it's not an SE (and not advertised as one) - but it does have most of the kit. It's also the lowest numbered car to have the Mk2 bodykit and spec, as far as I am aware, unless anyone knows different.

Anything else you want to know about it, just ask!

SteveTD
01-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi - I suppose the most crucial question - what condition is the paintwork in?

Steve

black olive
Sorry to hear that Andy.
good luck

geeteeone
And then there's teh sound with those cams, it's crying out for X Power tubes!!:cool:

Actually, due to the sports cats, it already sounds pretty loud just with the stock back boxes - I was always too scared to put X Powers on just in case it was a little too loud! :D

precious metal
01-12-2009, 01:34 PM
yes, car was on PH about about 2 yrs ago from memory as the guy from south coast who had it then approached me to sell it to me but as an "SE" however the pics back then - you couldnt see the half leather/cloth, lack of sunroof and no heated seat buttons etc, so it looked like an SE in the pics but when i did some research found it was a std model but with some SE options so hence ex MG car.

it was around circa £9,500 then. but we couldnt agree figures in the end due to spec value of SE differences. car was already modified back then at great expense

still looks a nice car Andrew

JB @ Elite

Stu C
01-12-2009, 04:29 PM

Due to financial constraints, something has had to give, unfortunately it's the car :(

Ah sorry to hear that geetee :( GO and start it! - that burble on the cams is enough to change your mind :kiss - and yes, you should have gone for the xpowers, only way to describe is this >>> :D

ColinE
01-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Very nice, sorry to hear she's got to go

AndyG
01-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Fab colour :kiss
http://thumbsnap.com/s/YAmEPE5q.jpg (http://thumbsnap.com/v/YAmEPE5q.jpg)

Merl
01-12-2009, 06:16 PM

Nope, no sunroof. Techincally it's not an SE (and not advertised as one) - but it does have most of the kit. It's also the lowest numbered car to have the Mk2 bodykit and spec, as far as I am aware, unless anyone knows different.

Ouch Andy sorry to hear that. I know it doesnt help but if I had still had been looking I would of gone for it....

Hmm anyone know anybody who wants an xpower grey MkI that has some unique (not saying anymore as working on something) features on? ;) then I can buy this one!!!

Or could I just give you some money and we just swap the engines over ;)

Stu C
01-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Well Rob Wolleysocks is after a ZTT260, but im sure with some persuasion he can have a flip paint ZT instead! ;) Now thats a test for the sales technique....

Good luck with the sale though :thumb

geeteeone
01-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Hi - I suppose the most crucial question - what condition is the paintwork in?Steve

The paintwork is in good condition, as well as can be expected for a car approaching 50K miles.

There are some light scuffs at both of the rear corners on the bumper, caused by idiots who can't park properly, but these could be easily sorted.

When the car is clean, with nice clean wheels, it looks absolutely fabulous in the sun, with the changing colours :love

Of course, there is also some room for movement on the price.

dobbo
02-12-2009, 12:03 PM
If this had been available 2 months ago I'd have taken your arm off. The mrs ruled out a flip paint car but I'd have made an exception for this one, she can walk if she's so bothered.

:)

geeteeone
03-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Hi All

Just to let you all know, I have just agreed a sale on my 260. It's going to an MG enthusiast, I will point him in the direction of this web site as you've all been a fantastic source if information and advice. I don't think I've ever seen such a great source of user support for a car as this.

Wanted to say thanks for all the advice and help I've been able to get from these boards in the short time I've been a member. You all do the ZT 260 proud.

SteveChilds
03-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Wow, not surprisingly that didn't last long!

Superb looking car though. Mk2 as well for build #183 - that's low. Possibly a pre-production model.

geeteeone
03-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Wow, not surprisingly that didn't last long!

Superb looking car though. Mk2 as well for build #183 - that's low. Possibly a pre-production model.

Yep, it's the sister press car to yours, I think mine was used for most of the print media, yours for the TV! It was pulled out of the Mk1 production line and built up as a Mk2 to promote the facelifted range. I beleive it's the lowest numbered Mk2 (or Mk 1.5 if you like).

colintf
04-12-2009, 06:58 PM
sorry to see you selling Andy,

I knew I had seen it on here, but couldn't link a name to it.

Well done with the quick sale!

Tim
04-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Good man Andy, thanks for the comments. Do still pop in. :)

Hi All

Just to let you all know, I have just agreed a sale on my 260. It's going to an MG enthusiast, I will point him in the direction of this web site as you've all been a fantastic source if information and advice. I don't think I've ever seen such a great source of user support for a car as this.

Wanted to say thanks for all the advice and help I've been able to get from these boards in the short time I've been a member. You all do the ZT 260 proud.

SteveW
16-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Well I am the new owner :D

Picked the car up from Andy last night and had a very enjoyable drive to and from work today. Been a while since that journey has put a grin on my face ;)

Merl
16-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Well I am the new owner :D

Picked the car up from Andy last night and had a very enjoyable drive to and from work today. Been a while since that journey has put a grin on my face ;)

Cool!! Congratulations and welcome to the club :) I always have a grin on my face when I drive mine :love

colintf
16-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Good to see that it has gone to a good home Steve!!

It will look good parked next to your Bittersweet TF160