PDA

View Full Version : Hi, will be looking for a V8 in a couple of month's

jimbo
19-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Hi - new member.

Live in Cheshire, currently have 2001 model 75 Connoisseur KV6 2.5 litre, a few oem accessories fitted together with phone carkit and upgraded IPK to message centre etc. so not really done much.

Have always lusted after a Rover 75 V8, but because of the small production run of around 100 I think I might not be able to find one when I have the finances available in about a couple of months. Question: does the ride/handling of the ZT 260 differ as much from the Rover 75 V8 as it does between the "normal" ZT and 75.

Had a trawl through the site and have already found some information regarding the extra problems the V8's have over and above the common ones I have already know about.

Any pointers very welcome.

Regards

Tim
20-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Welcome Jim

We'll all help you when the time comes to feel the need for V8 power. :)

The Rover V8 would be in between what you would know in the normal sense of 75-ZT. Its slightly firmer than your 75.

You will also find people here that have fwd 75's me being one. I've got a ConnSE cdt and love it.

colintf
20-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Hi Jimbo,

it will be worth the wait and the hunt if a V8 75 is what you end up with.

:cool:

Contemporary
20-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Hi and welcome.

The 75 V8 is a great stealth car with the four pipes well hidden. Tho' the suspension is not up to the 260 in terms of throwing the car around it provides a similar road holding feel with a Rover ride. The auto box takes you rapidly from 0 to 90 in one gear (2nd) with lots of fun and subdued 'noise'.

I have the same day to day car as you, a 75 2.5 KV6 and swear by it.

166 built in total - good luck in your search.

black olive
20-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Hi Jim.

good luck in your search. a good time to buy- but as with any low volume model it may take a while to find the right one for you

jimbo
21-11-2009, 12:27 AM
Hi all and thanks for your comments, I'll be keeping a watch on here.

You can be sure when I'm in a position to finally get a V8 I'll be on asking for your help and answer's to questions that I'm bound to ask.

Cheers all, regards

ksilver
26-11-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm sorry you can't do a "I'll buy in a couple of months" thing with these cars, I decided in Feb '08 that I was going to get one for my next replacement due Aug/Sep '08.

Started looking and had #317 with 2 weeks to spare ...... of Feb'08!!! :thumb

jimbo
26-11-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm sorry you can't do a "I'll buy in a couple of months" thing with these cars, I decided in Feb '08 that I was going to get one for my next replacement due Aug/Sep '08.

Started looking and had #317 with 2 weeks to spare ...... of Feb'08!!! :thumb

Yes agree with you and wish I was in the position to do it right know as I've seen a couple which won't be there soon! But my problem at the moment is finance, awaiting the sale of a house, and you know what the climate is a the moment in housing.

Regards

jimbo
03-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Just looking back at when I first posted that I'd be looking for/getting a Rover 75 V8 - November 2009!

Well I've bought "Poseidon Blue's" V8, collected it today and had a great time bringing home. Seem to keep coming up with reasons why I have to go out to it - I wonder why.

Regards

ColinE
03-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Congratulations - if he hasn't already Tim will be sending you a questionnaire to give you full access

jimbo
03-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Congratulations - if he hasn't already Tim will be sending you a questionnaire to give you full access

Cheers Colin, thanks for the congratulations & welcome - really had a great deal of fun today.

Regards

black olive
03-07-2010, 11:27 PM
good to hear Jim. love that colour

ColinE
04-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Cheers Colin, thanks for the congratulations & welcome - really had a great deal of fun today.

Regards

I bet you did - got mine back from 2 weeks in the workshop (don't ask) and had a silly grin on my face all the way home

Tim
04-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Well done that man! When you first regisitered there was a link to the questionnaire, complete it and send back please. Let me know if you have lost it and I'll e-mail another. :D

Welcome to ownership Jimbo.

Martin
04-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Welcome and yes I still find excuses to go out and I use mine everyday for work........ be off tomorrow 5.30am for my trip down to London :D:D

Martin

jimbo
04-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Well done that man! When you first regisitered there was a link to the questionnaire, complete it and send back please. Let me know if you have lost it and I'll e-mail another. :D

Welcome to ownership Jimbo.

Cheers Tim.

Never thought to look at the registration email, yes I've still got it and will arrange to complete and return to you.

Thanks for the welcome - it's been a long time coming!

Regards
Jim

damienp
04-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Hi jimbo. Welcome to 'this' side :)

colintf
18-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Just looking back at when I first posted that I'd be looking for/getting a Rover 75 V8 - November 2009!

Well I've bought "Poseidon Blue's" V8, collected it today and had a great time bringing home. Seem to keep coming up with reasons why I have to go out to it - I wonder why.

Regards

Jim I missed this post as I was away at LeMans for the Classic, but here's a slightly late : -

Well Done that man!!

:cool: