PDA

View Full Version : Cheap 260 X-Power grey for sale

Bainzi
17-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Hi all just seen this on the 75 and ZT`s OC site

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/200946345653164/sort/priceasc/usedcars/make/mg/model/zt/keywords/260/page/1/radius/1500/postcode/bs57hb?previous=%2Fsearch%2Fresults%2Fusedcars%2Fp ostcode%2Fbs57hb%2Fradius%2F1500%2Fmake%2Fmg%2Fmod el%2Fzt%2Fkeywords%2F260%2Fsort%2Fpriceasc%2Fpage% 2F1&anchor=advert200946345653164&logcode=p

Hope the link works

Regards

NOCTURNAL
20-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Chuckle... Thats the thread with the OPINIONated poster :fightwho has an OPINION thats not very 'h' and obviously his OPINION is right as its his OPINION heheh...

Oh and for the record everyone, its OBVIOUS that V8's ar'nt worth as much as v6's as they Guzzle Gas...

NSS....
:funny:funny

bernard lpg
21-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Chuckle... Thats the thread with the OPINIONated poster :fightwho has an OPINION thats not very 'h' and obviously his OPINION is right as its his OPINION heheh...

Oh and for the record everyone, its OBVIOUS that V8's ar'nt worth as much as v6's as they Guzzle Gas...

NSS....
:funny:funny

Nobody really supported me in my attempt to denounce him.....

Stu C
21-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Missed that thread....mind you, cant get onto the site, again. seems to drop a fair bit they having problems this morning?

Herman
21-11-2009, 11:49 AM

Tried to get on the site but it seems to be down. Soon as it's up again I'll put in some supportive words:D

Stu C
21-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Does seem low priced, but you dont know who/why they are selling it could be a genuine car and reason :)

A few years ago Dad bought a stunning Rover620SDi, was cheaper then others on offer with lower miles. Checked HPI out etc... and turned out the guy had to surrender his licence for health reasons. He got 3 years motoring out of it, and i had another 4 :D

NOCTURNAL
21-11-2009, 01:32 PM

Sorry Bernard, Personally didn't feel you needed support....
You made a simple factual comment that there would be others that would disagree and he accused you of having your nerve hit :funny

It was quite clear to 'me' that it was him that had gotten out of his tree , but theres seldom anything to be gained from offering reasoning to someone with an OPINION, that was soooo much more valid than anyone elses ;)

The way I look at it, anyone who would consider running a V8 would not pay any heed to his argument anyway. I don't believe anyone goes into V8 ownership without a little thought, and the catagory he had set himself in 1.8T being absolutely the best, and so much so wanting people to drive his car and tell him so... was never going to consider a V8 anyway imho.

I have nothing for or against the 1.8, but I would be thinking about diseasel and upgrading it if I was that worried about frugality (is that a word?)

If we had all waded in on a therad like that it just proves we like our cars and he likes his :)

those in the know would appreciate the 'more car' you are getting with this particular V8 ;)

Keith
21-11-2009, 03:44 PM
What thread is this?

Stu C
21-11-2009, 03:51 PM
What thread is this?

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=48808&page=3

dobbo
21-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Of course the 1.8 turbo is probably cheaper to run (don't mention head gaskets) - sort of misses the point by a country mile though doesn't it? Or by about 2.8 litres if you prefer.

i cant see why bernard .i would imagine that the running cost would be higher than any other model like i said bernard in my opinion ,the same as peoples opinions on the 18 turbo,it is their opinion.

im sorry if my opinion upsets anyone but like i say it is my opinion and im entilted to have an opinion of what i like and dont like just the same as anyone esle .

Is he in a competition with himself to see how many times he can say opinion in one sentence?

I think his shift key is broken as well.

Anyone going to take him up on his offer to drive his 1.8T? Apparently the kick down is really smooth, seems hard to resist.

Herman
21-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Why drive a 1.8T if you can have a 4.6 V8 for similar costs (including head gaskets:)).

Must be a 1.8T with auto-box if it has kick-down........they're pretty rare:rolleyes:

Might take him upon the offer.........

NOCTURNAL
21-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Why drive a 1.8T if you can have a 4.6 V8 for similar costs (including head gaskets:)).

Must be a 1.8T with auto-box if it has kick-down........they're pretty rare:rolleyes:

Might take him upon the offer.........

Would be funny to turn up in overalls and a rally helmet...."Now about this test drive ???"

and no I don't posess either LOL so I won't be applying ;)

but there is no need to try and convince him of the attributes of the V8... he's happy, we're happy ...everyones happy :)

Herman
21-11-2009, 06:32 PM
... he's happy, we're happy ...everyones happy :)

Where did I hear that before:rolleyes:

bernard lpg
21-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Well, it wasn't his opinion of owning a V8 per se that bothered me, he's perfectly entitled to that, it was his statement

"a v8 in my opinion is always gonna sell cheaper"

which is just blindingly obviously not true, either now or ever likely to be. The point was mainly unnoticed.

NOCTURNAL
22-11-2009, 12:50 AM
It didn't go un-noticed Bernard, but as I posted above... he has his "Opinion"
and sets a very high stall by it ;)

I quite agree with you that he is wrong , but no point in beating a dead horse as they say...

I don't think his points will have a detrimental effect on prices as he didn't have anything to back up his "opinion".. so didn't feel the need to 'respond'

I thought your initial response was appropriate:D but life's too short for disagreements on forums :fight2

dobbo
22-11-2009, 11:51 AM
I agree Bernard - but I couldn't be bothered to sign up to the forum to point it out. In any case he contradicts himself in his own post.

Whilst discussing a car for sale at £7200, he mentions that his car is worth about £3999, then goes on to say V8s will always be cheaper.

I'm no mathematician, but even I can see the error there. He spends far too long discussing the merits of his car over a V8 - me thinks he has cylinder envy.