PDA

View Full Version : Wanted! LHD Rover V8!

ZTV8Hakan
15-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Dear friends
I have a friend who wants to buy a LHD Rover V8 for import to Sweden.
Does anyone know if there is any LHD in UK?

Best regards
Hakan

colintf
15-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Hi Hakan.

I will keep an eye out, but I doubt it.

:cool:

Peter260
16-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Hello Hakan,

Does it need to be from the UK.
There are some LHD Rovers and MG's out here.

Netherlands is not the cheapest country though. There are certainly some in Germany and they mostly are LHD.

check out www mobile de for example.

If it is close to the Dutch border and you are serious about it I can maybe go and check it for you.

Good luck hunting, Peter

colintf
17-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi Peter, I believe Hakan is just casting the net as wide as possible to help his friend find a Lhd V8 75.

thanks for your offer help.

ZTV8Hakan
25-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Hallo Peter
Of course not just from UK
Must only be LHD
Looked over mobile and autoscout24 but there was nothing
Colin has helped me with information that there is only 58 LHD Rover V8260 built so it is not going to easy
Any help will be appreciated
All the best
Hakan

Hello Hakan,

Does it need to be from the UK.
There are some LHD Rovers and MG's out here.

Netherlands is not the cheapest country though. There are certainly some in Germany and they mostly are LHD.

check out www mobile de for example.

If it is close to the Dutch border and you are serious about it I can maybe go and check it for you.

Good luck hunting, Peter

colintf
26-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Hallo Peter
Of course not just from UK
Must only be LHD
Looked over mobile and autoscout24 but there was nothing
Colin has helped me with information that there is only 58 LHD Rover V8260 built so it is not going to easy
Any help will be appreciated
All the best
Hakan

it will be a waiting game Hakan, they will come up for sale, its just a matter of when and where. If your friend who wants one is patient, he will be rewarded in time with one!!

Peter260
27-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Well I hope you are sitting down.

I found a brand new Rover 75 sterling V8 in blue with beige leather.
Serial number is 837 so one of the very last.

Car is registered in the Netherlands and asking price is 49.000 incl. 19% Tax wich can be deducted on sale.

There must be room to negotiate but these are original Rover dealer cars and the owner is not interrested in selling for a cheap price but you can always try.

I can send some pictures if you want and are interrested. As long as you know that ZT V8's are going for 15K and ZT-T for 18K incl.tax.

But at least i found one.
There is rumour about a brand new Rover 75 Estate V8 somewhere, even rarer that is.

Peter260
27-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Also found a 2005 Rover 75 Stationcar in blue
10.000 kilomers in blue and beige

Full optioned car but getting more details tomorrow.
Looks tempting I have to say.

Asking price is 35.000 incl. TAX which is not refundable.

Peter260
27-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Also found a 2005 Rover 75 Stationcar in blue
10.000 kilomers in blue and beige

Full optioned car but getting more details tomorrow.
Looks tempting I have to say.

Asking price is 35.000 incl. TAX which is not refundable.

And

2005 Rover 75 Sedan
65.000 km in gold and grey

Looks fully optioned as well.

Asking price is 32.500 and TAX is refundable.
This price is to high I think and given the milage should be negotiable.

Not sure I am allowed to post URL's but other wise PM me and i'll send you details.

Regards, Peter

How about a 135K/KM ZT-T V8 SE full optioned first owner LHD who is now wanting a Rover 75 Sterling Station :ash

colintf
27-11-2009, 04:03 PM
good finds there Peter!!

Peter260
27-11-2009, 10:17 PM
I can get some pictures and the chassis numbers if interesting.
Not sure about color code but can try.

The seller of the 75 Stationcar is claiming it is the only LHD in the world. Does any know this is true?

AndyG
27-11-2009, 11:50 PM
.............The seller of the 75 Stationcar is claiming it is the only LHD in the world. Does any know this is true?

Station Car is a new term with me.

That is Station Wagon?? :confused: (estate Car)

:)

Peter260
28-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Language is a funny thing:

In the Netherlands we call these things stationcars. I could go for the Shootingbreak which probably is more fitting with the Rover image:D.

My ZT-T is always referred to as a stationwagon or hearse given it totally black combination.

But does any one know. Is this dealer right and is it the only one in the world? (I heard rumours about this car for ages but never realised it was there).

Keith
28-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Now that is a rare car not many 75 V8 Tourers about and certainly not that many in LHD and my personal opinion so much nicer than the Contemporary version as to me the cream leather finishes the job.

I would definitely post links as there are a lot of lurkers out there and one might just go for that car. I think we would all rather see these cars bought by an enthusiast than being pushed around in the trade.

colintf
28-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Language is a funny thing:

In the Netherlands we call these things stationcars. I could go for the Shootingbreak which probably is more fitting with the Rover image:D.

My ZT-T is always referred to as a stationwagon or hearse given it totally black combination.

But does any one know. Is this dealer right and is it the only one in the world? (I heard rumours about this car for ages but never realised it was there).

very nice it looks as well!

good find!

Peter260
29-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Here we go. Hope it all works:

Brandnew Rover 75 V8

http://www.mediamenu.nl/dealers/website/occasiondetail.jsp?style=376&fKLANT_ID=376&fOCC_ID=737785

Used Rover 75 V8 with 65.000 km from 2005

http://www.autotrack.nl/owa_dima/owa/att_occ_detail.detail?p_spr_id=217758670&p_type_lijst=RL&o_id=6228204

Rover 75 V8 Tourer

http://www.autotrack.nl/owa_dima/owa/att_occ_detail.detail?p_spr_id=217758670&o_id=5914668&p_type_lijst=RL

or

http://www.robertsbv.nl/cms/content.aspx?smid=19238&tp_id=3180&contentdivid=19235

Spoke to the salesmen of the 75 Tourer.

Car was ordered in the factory as a one of build end of 2004. Specifications are therefore unique. Car then delivered and licensed in early 2005 but due to MG/Rover decline not sold.

So the license papers claim it as a 02/2005.

Car was roadregistered late 2008 for first customer who subsequently traded in the car recently due to loss of job.

Although this sound unlikely it is in line with rumours about a brand new 75 Tourer I heard the last few years and the license number of the car is also matching with the story.

I tried to also get the serialnumber but the person I spoke to was not very comfortable speaking over the phone. Basically did want me to drop by before providing more detail. Did not seem very interrested in trading in my ZT-T as he clearly disliked the MG version thinking the gearbox was horrible and the suspension uncomfortable.

May still be very interresting car for anyone having a "normal" trade in or straight buy.

If anyone is interrested and not from the Netherlands let me know and i will go and visit the dealer/car and make pictures.

Keith
29-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Interesting spec on that 'newish' saloon

No Hi-Line Nav but it also has a proper Walnut colour dash rather than the vile wishy washy colour they used on the later facelift cars

colintf
29-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Thankyou for the information Peter!

Tatra
01-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Hi, The Dutch car is not the only lhd R75 V8 Tourer as there's at least one in Sweden. This car was originally owned by the MD of MG Rover Sweden.

Now that seems a long time ago!