PDA

View Full Version : Rimwax??

spartacus
11-10-2009, 07:26 PM
I know it sounds like something used by frequenters of Hampstead Heath, but I saw it advertised in Autocar this week. The blurb says it reduces brake dust by (a ridiculous) 75%, plus it's very shiny.

Has anyone used it and, if you have, is it any good?

Any other suggestions for keeping your rim(s) waxed :p

Stu C
11-10-2009, 07:32 PM
When i had my 190 detailed, the guys used this. Was very good yes, especially for multispokes, quick wipe and spray off and looked like they were new :)

pessling
11-10-2009, 07:44 PM
i use poor boys wheel sealant, like a wax and has to be rubbed in and buffed off, have also used turtle wax brake dust barrier, which is a spray on and wipe off wax. All are good use them both, if i'm in the mood and doing the full works on my car then wheels off, cleaned, sealant then waxed.

ColinE
11-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Never heard of it - but atfer a thread title like that I'm unlikely to forget it

Looks Ok - might give it a try after the wheels are redone

spartacus
11-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Thought it might get your attention Colin ;)

I might give it a go if I ever have enough money to get my wheels refurbished. I just keep buying too much other stuff at the moment :( Then again, I might just give it a go anyway, as I like buying cleaning stuff, even though I find little time to use it :D

ColinE
11-10-2009, 09:11 PM
I might give it a go if I ever have enough money to get my wheels refurbished. I just keep buying too much other stuff at the moment

That sounds all too familiar

peterv8
16-11-2009, 01:06 PM
I use the same wax for the carpaint as for my rims. I also use it on all glass and it works fine for me.
I don' think there is any significant differences in rimwax, carwax or glasswax, just a different bottle.

I use Sonax carpolish and sonax super liquidwax.

Ian Maw
17-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Sounds like something you would get from Ann Summers :D

Tim
17-11-2009, 08:01 PM
I reckon they are all making it up poor boys and rimwax. I ask you :rolleyes:

I hear there's a new produce called rusty finger :D

Sounds like something you would get from Ann Summers :D