PDA

View Full Version : Set of 8 Coil on plug kit

AndyG
25-09-2009, 09:12 PM
As I have MSDs These are available to someone who can use them.

grx548
25-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Interested -- pm sent

Blue Flash
27-09-2009, 04:10 PM
What do you think to the MSD's from an upgrade point of view are they worth shelling out for over the OEM's?.

AndyG
27-09-2009, 11:26 PM
What do you think to the MSD's from an upgrade point of view are they worth shelling out for over the OEM's?.

Yes, I think a bigger spark is the way to go.

and they compliment the other upgrades.;)

EDIT: Info on the SHM bottom end.
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=4774&page=4&highlight=AndyG

LINDEN CAHILL
27-10-2009, 09:48 PM
hi
what are msd,s and would you recomend them.are these the red coils from shm??.
out of intrest what supercharger do you use,mine is a roush ,one of five i believe-developed for the zt380 that didnt happen.
cheers
linden:)

John Newey
27-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Hi Linden, I thought there were only two "385's" the official show car that was painted loads of colours and the "one that escaped"-the ZT-T in Ignition Blue that was discovered by SMC and sold around twelve months ago to a guy from Reading(?)?

ColinE
27-10-2009, 10:45 PM

Also Scooter was very much convinced that they were the way to go when we talked about them on Saturday

LINDEN CAHILL
27-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Hi John
I Am Not Sure,but I Bought The Engine From Dreadnought And I Am Sure They Said That Roush Developed Four Or Five Supercharged Engines For Mg-rover Just Before The Sad Ending,my Engine Came Out Of One Of The Prototypes That Had A Rear Ender.this Is The Info I Got When I Bought The Engine And I Have No Reason To Doubt It
Cheers
Linden

John Newey
27-10-2009, 11:49 PM
Ah, that explains it then. There were only the two built cars(as far as i know?) but there were a few more engines at Lonbridge. Was eyeing one myself for a while:)! Was told they wouldn't work without engine management system being sent to the States for re calibration? So I went for Dreadnoughts Kenne Bell system. I'm one of the few who has surely driven both and it's surprising how different they drive and sound. The Kenne Bell feels slightly quicker(nearly 30PS more) and not quite as harsh a sound, but nevertheless, anyone who drives a supercharged rear wheel drive MG V8 is a fdriend of mine:)!

scooter
28-10-2009, 08:23 AM
The engine that Linden has came from the prototype car we had as a parts supply. The car was black and was used to test the wide suspension and blown engine. We were lucky enough to have the car as a runner which ment we had all the ecu's to go with it.

LINDEN CAHILL
28-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Ah, that explains it then. There were only the two built cars(as far as i know?) but there were a few more engines at Lonbridge. Was eyeing one myself for a while:)! Was told they wouldn't work without engine management system being sent to the States for re calibration? So I went for Dreadnoughts Kenne Bell system. I'm one of the few who has surely driven both and it's surprising how different they drive and sound. The Kenne Bell feels slightly quicker(nearly 30PS more) and not quite as harsh a sound, but nevertheless, anyone who drives a supercharged rear wheel drive MG V8 is a fdriend of mine:)!

HI JOHN
THANKS FOR THE REPLY,I SEE BRIAN HAS ADDED SOME COMMENTS ON MY ENGINE.I HAVE OWNED ALSORTS OF CARS ,MERCS BM,S JAG ECT ECT AND ALSO RUN MY OWN GARAGE/MOT BUSINESS BUT I CAN VERY HONESLY SAY I HAVE NEVER DRIVEN A CAR THAT COMPARES TO THE ZT 260.EVERY MILE I DRIVE MY ZT I SMILE.
CHEERS
LINDEN

John Newey
09-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Linden, seems like us garage owners are the only ones able to afford to run one!! Seriously though, I feel the same, I guess having driven all sorts over the years, I really do enjoy driving my ZT 400-so much that I've even bought it out of the company!

LINDEN CAHILL
09-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Hi,john
I Agree With You And Will Be Keeping Mine For Very Many Years,
Cheers
Linden

spartacus
10-11-2009, 08:59 AM
I really do enjoy driving my ZT 400-so much that I've even bought it out of the company!

So that means you're probably the only person on here whose car cost him ten quid then :~

LINDEN CAHILL
10-11-2009, 12:21 PM
So that means you're probably the only person on here whose car cost him ten quid then :~
what do you mean:confused:

spartacus
10-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Well, if you work for, or own, a company you're not going to pay full market rate.. surely?

ColinE
10-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Well, if you work for, or own, a company you're not going to pay full market rate.. surely?

Not if you've any sense - I mean, would you?

AndyG
19-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Bump ...... ;)