PDA

View Full Version : #216 Joins our ZT stable

RedzedV8
14-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Well a few weeks ago I struck a deal to take ownership of #216, Solar Red MK2 SE. After putting right a couple of simple wrongs I can't wait to get in it each time for a blast down the road.
So - Tim - can you set me up as a full member or send me whatever I need to do so please?
Thanks.
Oh yes - regarding going from the standard Hi-Line sat nav TV to the later BMW widescreen version, what has to be changed apart from the head unit? (presumably the widescreen units are used with the later DVD nav software??)
Thanks all.............:)

Tim
14-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Good man! When you registered a questionnaire would have come with the confirmation. Complete and send it on. Let me know if you want to change your username as well. ;)

Once you get into the rest of the site you will see quite a lot about the screen mod.

Well a few weeks ago I struck a deal to take ownership of #216, Solar Red MK2 SE. After putting right a couple of simple wrongs I can't wait to get in it each time for a blast down the road.
So - Tim - can you set me up as a full member or send me whatever I need to do so please?
Thanks.
Oh yes - regarding going from the standard Hi-Line sat nav TV to the later BMW widescreen version, what has to be changed apart from the head unit? (presumably the widescreen units are used with the later DVD nav software??)
Thanks all.............:)

Keith
14-09-2009, 08:30 PM
I willl work WS with the oem Rover Nav comp the TV tuner is the thing that restricts it to 4:3 so you need a Hybrid digital unit (lots of money) or a byapss cable to do away with ther tuner completely

BigA
14-09-2009, 09:34 PM
I think#216 will be a hybrid Mk1/2?

ProtoZT
14-09-2009, 11:46 PM
I think#216 will be a hybrid Mk1/2?

Pretty sure it has MK2 front recall it being for sale about 12 months ago in Coventry/Warks area

Paul

black olive
15-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Info from rincewind .

Welcome by the way from #214

with car 216 being a red MkI with MkII "clothes" on for some emissions work I was doing down at Millbrook for three solid days during the summer of 2004. So the car that belongs to Nick was a pre production MkII car that if I'm not mistaken, was the 2nd MG ZT-T 260 owned by Rob Oldaker! So Chris, Roger and Nick, you have a bit more in common than just the V8 under the bonnet, I believe that you have all got cars that were previously owned by Rob and what makes me think that this is true is the green dash finisher! Rob liked his cars to be a little bit different to standard. I'm pretty sure Rob didn't keep his car after he left so there we have it, we've learnt something else!
Out in Lithuania lives Tom Matthews and he is the proud owner of car 215, the Rover 75 V8 Auto that was the Geneva and Birmingham show car that wowed many and caused a bit of controversy with the front grille styling being somewhat similar to the new face of Audi. If Ashley's car was looked after well, this car was looked after even better, but thankfully the large 19" wheels were taken off the car and 18" Starspoke alloys were fitted as the 19" where very fragile and only for show use. 215 is also the only Rover 75 V8 auto to have a roll bar and diff dampers on as these were deleted for the production cars as the ride was too "MG" like for a Rover.

RedzedV8
16-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Info from rincewind .

Welcome by the way from #214

with car 216 being a red MkI with MkII "clothes" on for some emissions work I was doing down at Millbrook for three solid days during the summer of 2004. So the car that belongs to Nick was a pre production MkII car that if I'm not mistaken, was the 2nd MG ZT-T 260 owned by Rob Oldaker! So Chris, Roger and Nick, you have a bit more in common than just the V8 under the bonnet, I believe that you have all got cars that were previously owned by Rob and what makes me think that this is true is the green dash finisher! Rob liked his cars to be a little bit different to standard. I'm pretty sure Rob didn't keep his car after he left so there we have it, we've learnt something else!
Out in Lithuania lives Tom Matthews and he is the proud owner of car 215, the Rover 75 V8 Auto that was the Geneva and Birmingham show car that wowed many and caused a bit of controversy with the front grille styling being somewhat similar to the new face of Audi. If Ashley's car was looked after well, this car was looked after even better, but thankfully the large 19" wheels were taken off the car and 18" Starspoke alloys were fitted as the 19" where very fragile and only for show use. 215 is also the only Rover 75 V8 auto to have a roll bar and diff dampers on as these were deleted for the production cars as the ride was too "MG" like for a Rover.

Fascinating stuff. It certainly is full spec and had the MK2 "clothes" from new - just lacking traction control which is a big plus as far as I'm concerned - and cruise, which on the other hand is worth having.

Is there more to the story above regarding Rob Oldaker?

black olive
17-09-2009, 11:12 PM
here's the thread- a lot of good reading on here.

http://www.two-sixties.com/nic/so.htm

pider100
18-09-2009, 09:15 PM
I very nearly bought 216 back in Aug/Sept last year from Coventry. Agreed a price and was actually arranging for pick up while I was out the country. I was talking extensively to Roger about it. It has the MK1 rear end with the MK2 front end. Was originally an MGR management car I believe. At that time there was an issue with the fuel gauge, which the seller seemed unsure about. ie. whether it was one or both of the sender units, the gauge, or something else. This eventually put me off, and the seller and I eventually came to a mutual agreement to cancel the purchase. I loved the colour (although I never actually saw it in the flesh), but at the end of the day, I was more than happy with the minted #477 I ended up with. A couple of grand more, but no issues, years warranty from Ewan's of Cornhill, (this was an MG dealership up north, and Alan Ewan was the original owner), 12k miles. #216 had 47k on it at that time.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C52191 (http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C52191)