PDA

View Full Version : new member

simon
02-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Hi there , Im new to this site but have had my 260 , vin no 175 from new . Im having a problem with her at the moment , when on tickover the engine surges from near stall to about 900 rpm and when you apply throttle the engine revs but cuts for a second then revs again . Untill now the car has been fab and i love my car , Also can anyone recomend a good garage in the Leeds area , hope someone can help , cheers

Phil
02-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Hi Simon and welcome to the forum,

This sounds like it could be a fuel filter problem which is quite common and has been discussed on here quite a lot. In fact there is a small modification involving a clip, which sorts it out.

Have you completed your questionnaire? You should be able to search the threads for a solution once you have access.

Cheers

Phil

colintf
02-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Hi Simon and welcome, hope its sorted soon

:cool:

pessling
02-09-2009, 08:23 PM
welcome earthling

Keith
02-09-2009, 09:58 PM
not sure who is much cop up in Leeds but this place seems to getting a growing following

http://www.austingarages.co.uk/

Not that far away.

Malcolmr
02-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Welcome to the Two-Sixties Simon. You'd better check a few other things too while you are at it - how about the heater hose and the aircon compressor... Both these are know issues and can leave you stranded!

Malcolm

AndyG
03-09-2009, 12:54 AM
Yes, Hi Welcome.

:hug

re-tread
03-09-2009, 01:48 AM
Hi Simon

I'm just over in Outwood so not far from you. I have been using JCT600 in Wakefield since I got my car a couple of years ago. They are OK and never had a problem with them but expensive as any main dealer.

I have been told about these guy's

M & G
Unit 11, Cityway Industrial Estate
Off Wakefield Road
Bradford
BD4 7NP

01274 722533

They are supposed to be good but not been there yet to form my own opinion.

I've also used CLEMO in Cleckheaton for a few spares.

As mentioned by Phil, sounds like the fuel filter coming apart.

Welcome to the forum

salamander
03-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Hi Simon.

Like you I have had my car from new and have been well pleased with it. Only problems have been fuel pump related.

I'm in Birmingham so cannot help with a local sevice but as the boys say, symptoms sound like fuel delivery fault caused by fuel pump failure or the fuel filter comming apart. Both are common faults and have been discussed in detail here.

You with find everybody here a helpfull, friendly bunch.

simon
03-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks for all your help , when i check the fuel filter what do i need to look for ,

Tim
03-09-2009, 11:56 PM
The lid is letting air through, has unscrewed. Look out for the rubber ring gasket, if you don't put it back right can get petrol fumes in the cabin.

Thanks for all your help , when i check the fuel filter what do i need to look for ,

simon
06-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Car is running like a dream again . fuel filter in tank had come unlocked as one of you had said , ten minuites later job done and ive got a big smile on my face . many thanks again for your help .

Tim
06-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Good to hear its sorted Simon. Very common problem the fuel clip. Don't think I've had your questionnaire back yet?

Car is running like a dream again . fuel filter in tank had come unlocked as one of you had said , ten minuites later job done and ive got a big smile on my face . many thanks again for your help .

simon
06-09-2009, 06:03 PM
I sent questionnaire using email address MG.ZT260 at ntlworld.com (MG.ZT260@ntlworld.com) . I will send it again if you haven't received it . cheers .

Tim
06-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Yep, got it last Wednesday. Put it straight into the 'completed' folder without changing your access rights. Sorted now :D Better get reading Simon.

I sent questionnaire using email address MG.ZT260 at ntlworld.com (MG.ZT260@ntlworld.com) . I will send it again if you haven't received it . cheers .