PDA

View Full Version : tourer popped up on ebay

black olive
01-09-2009, 12:45 PM
hearse black

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160359177907&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3D R40%26_trksid%3Dp3907.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D160359177 907%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Phil
01-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Seems a nice and genuine car, from the look of it. I am presuming he isn't a member on here as in one of the questions he states that he doesn't know the difference between a standard car and an SE.
Also he says it is "quite rare".

22k, FSH and alcantara. I wonder what it will go for. There appears to be no reserve and no Buy-it-Now.

As for "hearse black" :rolleyes: he calls it "special black".

Goose
01-09-2009, 02:42 PM
It has had some sort of work done, having a facelifted front end and rear bumper, but a mark 1 tailgate, and was registered in October 2003 (so must be a mark 1 car). If I was buying, I'd want to know why.

Phil
01-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Yes, good point Bruce and well spotted.
You would think that having owned it for 4 years he would have thought to mention that.
It's not a problem in itself, but hardly a thing you would forget.

Keith
01-09-2009, 04:04 PM
That is no 25
It is The Mk1 Le Mans green car that was dressed as a MK2 and given a respray.

Should still be green or have Green bolts around door shuts under bonnet etc
Front bumper is red underneath
I looked at it in Hartwells with about 7.5K on the clock

At the time it had labels everywhere where so I asume it had regularly been pulled apart

from my notes
NSF Arch had some rust from paint damage
rear OS trime damaged
no load space cover
boot floor was green
nav comp was missing
CD changer was missing
bonnet would not open
engine would not start (flat battery)
various bits of trim loose

It was up for lots of money I think I scared them as they would not accept my "reasonable" offer "to take it as is" and then immeadiately sold it through the trade

more here
http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=31451

black olive
01-09-2009, 04:22 PM
its being mentioned on the other channel. Keith could you pop that post up there if you havent already ?

Keith
01-09-2009, 04:41 PM
its being mentioned on the other channel. Keith could you pop that post up there if you havent already ?

Done that is definately a car to inspect or HPI before bidding
If I was the seller I would come clean from the outset about the colour change etc.

Right now you are all put off wil I get it for <4K.............................

:D

Phil
01-09-2009, 06:07 PM
from my notes
NSF Arch had some rust from paint damage
rear OS trime damaged
no load space cover
boot floor was green
nav comp was missing
CD changer was missing
bonnet would not open
engine would not start (flat battery)
various bits of trim loose

Shows what I know....:o

Keith
01-09-2009, 06:17 PM
I looked at a lot back then!
Most of the above was cosmetic and an easy fix.

Green painted bolts holding doors and wings on were a bit of a respray give away though!

MG mad
01-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Hmmm, verrrrry tempting despite what's been mentioned above. I don't suppose anyone is near and would mind viewing/inspecting it for me by any chance?

AndyG
01-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Right now you are all put off wil I get it for <4K.............................
:D

Hmmm, verrrrry tempting despite what's been mentioned above. I don't suppose anyone is near and would mind viewing/inspecting it for me by any chance?

Please don't out bid each other.

:hug:car:hug

NB This is an open thread.

precious metal
02-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Benefits of being in the trade :

registration date
07/10/2003

Previous Owners 1
Total Owners 2

DVLA Vehicle Details
MG

V8
5dr ESTATE
PETROL
4.6 (4601 cc)
256.1 BHP

Transmission
MANUAL 5 SPEED

Body Colour
Green

Chassis No.
SARRXGTGB4D000025

Please note the car is not reg as an SE just a std MG V8 Estate, it should be - MG ZT-T SE V8 260 5 dr, so it was reg odd when new, maybe an MG part build/prototype.

also note that its still reg : "GREEN" so when he advertised it on FLEABAY he must have changed it from green to black so he must be hiding or know something. it says he is the second owner. I do know that Hartwells had some funny model ZT V8 saloons Hybrid MK1 / MK2 models as they ended up at auction and they were similar in having had lots of paint, apparently these were bought unfinished from MG receivers when they went bust. not seen this one before though
regards

james@elitecar.co.uk

black olive
02-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Id contacted the supplier on ebay, who's response was rather noncommital and I notice wasnt copied into the listing- Im guessing they are being as frugal with the truth as the dealer they bought it from- may backfire on them though .

Keith
02-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Cheers James

When I looked at it at Hartwells in 2006 the salesamen had no idea what they had and probably, being used to comparativley straight cars got very nervous about it when I pointed out the colour change and its alteration into a Mk2 let alone all the bits unplugged hanging off or missing!

It dissapeared off their site very soon after. I assumed they had moved it on through the trade but it now appears the seller on Ebay bought it from them.

My view being number 25 it is one of the earliest cars out there, if the rarity of these car meant they were appreciating it would probably be worth restoring it to its original colours etc.

I am surprised the V5 has not been updated but thinking about it may still just qualify as green as I think the paint might be Anthracite rather than Black.

Keith
02-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Id contacted the supplier on ebay, who's response was rather noncommital and I notice wasnt copied into the listing- Im guessing they are being as frugal with the truth as the dealer they bought it from- may backfire on them though .

I had this

" i bought this car from hartwells, so the same car, didnt know history behind it, thanks , still no sat nav, but has never let me down."

woolleysox
02-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Hi Guys a lot of info on this car on the ZT & 75 forum its an ex directors car. If you are thinking of a purchase well worth a read. best wishes woolleysox:cool:

Herman
02-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Hi Guys a lot of info on this car on the ZT & 75 forum its an ex directors car. If you are thinking of a purchase well worth a read. best wishes woolleysox:cool:

Maybe a link to the posts to help a bit:(

Tim
02-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Maybe a link to the posts to help a bit:(

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=44255

Keith
02-09-2009, 08:42 PM
No more over there than I have posted here
No evidence it was anything other than a development mule so far.

What I do know is when I was snooping about there were masking tape labels everywhere especially on all the wiring connectors and near where screws etc fit just the sort of thing I would do if taking something to bits and wanting to record what goes where.

Equally the labeling could have been just from the respray though as iirc the wings were painted off the car hence I think it had black wings with green bolts.

Certainly an interesting vehicle

Herman
02-09-2009, 09:39 PM
No more over there than I have posted here
No evidence it was anything other than a development mule so far.
Equally the labeling could have been just from the respray though as iirc the wings were painted off the car hence I think it had black wings with green bolts.

Certainly an interesting vehicle

But would you buy it? or advice someone else to......
Does a colourfull history means 'hands-off' ??

Keith
02-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Hell yes at the right price and I tried to once before!
however I have another one to look at on sunday and the auction of this car finishes at the wrong time for me to consider biding.

I have just had another message from the seller I get the impresion the car is pretty much exactly as it was when I first looked at it.

I am told the Sat nav still missing etc.

I have sent the link to this thread

I suggested she (I think) register here and put up a proper for sale thread or coment here.
I think the limited info provided on the ebay add is asking for trouble as it gives a winning 'uninformed' bidder the abiltiy to walk away "item not as described" and all that.

Keith
02-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Scarlet mentioned on the early cars they had black gear shift surrounds and sure enough so it appears does this one

Definately a bit of history to be discovered about it isn't there.

precious metal
03-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Sent an email asking about colour change, odd spec, history etc - copy of reply from seller -

"you are correct on all points, only found out history in last 4 days of advertising, after 3 years of ownership".

i cant believe he didnt know the car had been completely repainted as its still registered as green not black and has green panels underneath

regards

James

Keith
03-09-2009, 07:59 PM
well within the half spare wheel well I think all the 260s are an odd colour anyway

Here'sthe interior boot colour from my previous Pearl Black 260
Chances are this tourer is the same

When I looked at I couldn't get the bonnet open so no idea what colour the inner wings were I picked up on the Le mans green because it was showing on various bolts etc around the door shuts and later on XPF I think it was mentioned the car was originally that colour but what if that info was wrong?

What if the bolts were a different colour to make taking the car apart easier if it was a pre production practice car or similar

http://www.midnightphotos.co.uk/userimages/full/3/6214.jpg

No doubt once sold the new owner will crop up here and all may become clearer or we will be having the same discussion in another couple of years ;)

black olive
03-09-2009, 09:01 PM
yours was a wierd 'un, your battery is the wong way round !!

black olive
03-09-2009, 09:52 PM
thinking about it- wonder whether that was a project drive initiative, not painting inside the boot- mine is a mark 1 and has the topcoat in the boot. That being the case if the tourer was an early car ( and not a painted "body in white" car, then the boot floor shouls be le mans green unless they have hearse blacked it

Keith
04-09-2009, 09:18 PM
yours was a wierd 'un, your battery is the wong way round !!

Really! I never knew that the cables don't seem long enough to turn it around though so it must have been built like it.

My old car was one of those odd spec ones Apex wheels, Sunroof and OBC without the stalk.

Note the lack of cables as that picture was half way through installing the Sat Nav system for the Howto I did.

Stu C
05-09-2009, 08:32 AM
My battery is that way round too? :confused::)

Herman
05-09-2009, 10:23 AM
And mine also...

Tim
05-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Same here. :)

black olive
05-09-2009, 05:49 PM
got ya...........or not

pessling
05-09-2009, 05:58 PM
battery the same for me too

GeoffW
05-09-2009, 09:43 PM
the photo was taken from the side, I think thats the confusion over the battery position

Keith
05-09-2009, 10:09 PM
I wasn't confused when I took it :)

tonybubble
06-09-2009, 11:30 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160359177907&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3D R40%26_trksid%3Dp3907.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D160359177 907%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1[

Probably cheap money for a unique car. I went to see it yesterday for a guy in NZ, but I don't think that it was quite his cup of tea. I would have bought it like a shot, if it hadn't been for the shortage of a few pennies - 530500 to be exact!!
Never mind, one day my prince will come.....

MG mad
06-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Thanks Tony :)
Yeah, we ummed and ahhed for a long time about bidding on it, in the end she who's money it is decided she would rather wait and get a minter, or close to it, for the bit of extra coin that will cost, given the shipping etc etc to get it here. So the wait goes on. It was verrryyyy tempting.
Cheers
Andy

tonybubble
09-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Another early car - perhaps a sister to the eBay one?

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/MG+ZT-T/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-240-4294962446-4294966777/advert.action?R=200920334164389&distance=66&postcode=BS37+7PA&channel=CARS&make=MG&model=ZT-T&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=2003&vehicleRegLetter=V

Keith
09-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Thats too much wonga imho
I think it has Andys old number plate on it though

Was it anyones here?

That reminds me Roverbreakers were repairing a green ZTT a while ago just after I sold my saloon iirc I wonder what happened to that.

AndyG
09-09-2009, 11:52 PM
I think it has Andys old number plate on it though

I Think his is V8 OMG ?

:hug

dconway
18-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Well, I am now the proud owner of the aforementioned "black hearse" on Ebay :)

Those who have read this thread:

Will realise that I didn't quite know what I was buying until after the event apart from that it was a powerful estate with pretty low mileage for the year, only after googling the reg number did I come across these forums.

I did get a message from the seller "had a guy out from the MGOC who gave good feedback....", presumably tonybubble :D

I obviously need to get it checked over by someone "in the know" as I have very limited knowledge of cars in general let alone a ZT 260 so I contacted Vospers in Exeter (ex MGR dealer but still taking on MG repairs) who seemed vague to say the least about the model, does anyone know of a dealer in the area that may actually know what to look for (fuel clip, diff oil etc - thanks Keith ;)) and can do a proper service ?

TIA

Dave.

Roadsterstu
19-09-2009, 12:18 AM
Brave man! But well done, too. Not sure I would have quite that level of confidence with little knowledge of what I was buying. Have fun and enjoy!

Tim
19-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Well done Dave. AndyG is very close to you. I'm sure he could assist you with your knowledge base :D

The two of you could set up a funeral business with your cars.:)

Well, I am now the proud owner of the aforementioned "black hearse" on Ebay :)

Those who have read this thread:

Will realise that I didn't quite know what I was buying until after the event apart from that it was a powerful estate with pretty low mileage for the year, only after googling the reg number did I come across these forums.

I did get a message from the seller "had a guy out from the MGOC who gave good feedback....", presumably tonybubble :D

I obviously need to get it checked over by someone "in the know" as I have very limited knowledge of cars in general let alone a ZT 260 so I contacted Vospers in Exeter (ex MGR dealer but still taking on MG repairs) who seemed vague to say the least about the model, does anyone know of a dealer in the area that may actually know what to look for (fuel clip, diff oil etc - thanks Keith ;)) and can do a proper service ?

TIA

Dave.

Keith
19-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Dave
have a look at this thread and PM some of your locals
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=4676

The clip. diff oil and hose are relativlely easy diy exercises

If you want a run bring it up here I can have a go at seeing what you need to sort out the Sat nav if you like.

dconway
21-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Dave
have a look at this thread and PM some of your locals
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=4676

Will do Keith - thanks :)

The clip. diff oil and hose are relativlely easy diy exercises

Sadly it's a time issue (I don't have any) ;)

If you want a run bring it up here I can have a go at seeing what you need to sort out the Sat nav if you like.

Appreciate the offer :)

Will I need sat nav to find you ? :p

Dave.

Keith
21-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Will I need sat nav to find you ? :p

Actually yes but not necessarily the MGR version as it does not support post codes and I live in the sticks with no road names or house numbers :)

Don't worry you will find time to do these things as the car becomes a bit addictive.

dconway
28-11-2010, 01:55 AM
Sadly the time has come for one reason or another (don't ask please) that I have to part with No 25, not much has changed since I bought the car apart from the usual upgrades (heater hose and fuel clip etc) have been done.

To be honest I am not sure how to play this given the uniqueness (is that a real word lol)..

Advice please from those who know far more about this than I do ....thanks.

Dave

AndyG
28-11-2010, 02:01 AM
Sadly the time has come that I have to part with No 25,e.

To be honest I am not sure how to play this given the uniqueness (is that a real word lol)..

Dave

Dave

Just list the specs and post them in the "Public Section"
If you have a photo it will help .

Sorry to see your selling.

Andy

colintf
28-11-2010, 02:37 PM
sorry to see you selling. i second Andy's advice.

:cool: