PDA

View Full Version : Solar red mk1 for sale

Tim
30-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Early car for sale in solar red vin 061

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/MG+ZT/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-114-240-4294966775-4294966777/advert.action?R=200932339183165&distance=84&postcode=KT15+3BQ&channel=CARS&make=MG&model=ZT&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=2004&vehicleRegLetter=53

Was looking on auto trader only two ZTV8's, one ZTT and one R75.

dobbo
03-10-2009, 04:53 PM
I went to view this car today. It's been up for about 5 weeks now but I was apparently the first to view it, which might explain why it was absolutely filthy - not a good start.

Front tyres are on the tread indicators, and there is a rusty patch on the drivers side rear arch which has had a bodged repair and is showing primer and rust patches. Only one key, small bit of damage to the dash (very minor) and all the MG logos on the wheels and steering wheel are corroded, missing mustang badge under the bonnet.

Other than that it's a nice enough car from what I could see through the dirt, drives pretty well and has the all important X-power exhausts.

Seller would not go below £8k under any circumstances, with the faults I wasn't willing to pay more than £7500 for that car so we parted ways, and I bought a different one.

:)

woolleysox
06-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Looks a stunning car from the out side but dont sound so good close up. I rang up about this car when first advertised but seller would not drop his price.I dont blame him if he can get it but I feel its well over priced and I am sure other feel the same as its still for sale. Good luck to the guy though. best wishes woolleysox:)

ksilver
07-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Must admit it does look nice.

Still a lot of car for the money and may not take too much to tidy up.

(lets be positive and talk values up :applause)

pessling
07-10-2009, 06:08 PM
looks tidy enough, for its age, wheel badges easy replace, even my apexes the centre caps are fading, mustang on engine, well how many times you going to see it, when driving?

Rust, well say about £250 to get sorted out, even do the prep yourself

Dash they are two a penny on ebay, depending on what you want.

I know that the values are low, and its shameful for the amount of car you get for the money. They are becoming harder to get hold of. As long as the car has a good history, then them little bits and pieces i wouldn't be bother to much about

dobbo
07-10-2009, 07:12 PM
For me the issue was driving over 100 miles to look at a car which was covered in a thick layer of grime, dust and dirt. That just takes the piss.

Who knows what was lurking under there other than the very obvious damage to the rear arch? You'd have to be a braver man than me to stick £8k down on that... How much effort would it have taken to run a sponge over it?

Coupled with the fact the person selling it doesn't own it - he's a dealer but isn't selling the car through his dealership, he's selling it for a friend.

And it's listed on PistonHeads by someone with a username called "philip" who also apparently doesn't own it, and who the seller claimed not to know. And the name given by the seller of the owner didn't match the name on the V5.

Now I could have forgiven all that and taken the time to find out why all these things didn't add up, but not for a car covered in crap and who wont budge on price despite obvious faults. And certainly not when only 10 miles down the road was a dealer warranted car, in better condition for similar money, in a colour I preferred, which had been serviced less than 100 miles ago.

It was a no brainer for me. But my car is off the market now, so this red one could be a great buy for somebody.

Just to add - I paid more than what this car is up for - so I wasn't trying to skimp on price, I would have happily paid the asking £8k if the seller had just made a bit more effort.

ksilver
07-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Coupled with the fact the person selling it doesn't own it - he's a dealer but isn't selling the car through his dealership, he's selling it for a friend.

And it's listed on PistonHeads by someone with a username called "philip" who also apparently doesn't own it, and who the seller claimed not to know. And the name given by the seller of the owner didn't match the name on the V5.

That is worrying, I would prefer to be paying my cash over to the owner, but this sounds very murky :confused:

John Newey
07-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Why put up with all that hassle? For a smidgen under £10K you could have the Poseidon one that I'm selling, which is nigh on perfect and comes complete with a 12 month warranty and new MOT. So there:D!

dobbo
07-10-2009, 11:29 PM
If the Mrs hadn't ruled out a car with flip paint, I'd have been in to see your Poseiden example....

ColinE
07-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Wish it had been around when I bought mine

Stu C
08-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Why put up with all that hassle? For a smidgen under £10K you could have the Poseidon one that I'm selling, which is nigh on perfect and comes complete with a 12 month warranty and new MOT. So there:D!

My offer of a swap and a packet of pork scratchings still stands John :ash:D

Gotto go down my uncles on saturday, might swing in and say hi :)

RedzedV8
09-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Hmmmmm. I went to see this one too, a few months ago before I bought #216. It was clean when I saw it - which showed how badly faded the bonnet & roof panels were compared to the sides which was a big downer. There is damage to the o/s rear door as well as the wheel arch and the front bumper has had paint work done. (Nothing wrong with paint jobs so long as they're done properly of course). All in all I wouldn't have given more than 5k for it especially having seen vastly superior cars for not a lot more. There are signs that the value of our cars are holding up again now, which is great but you'd have to be desperate to pay over 8k for this one I'm afraid.

woolleysox
09-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Just shows you should always see and drive a car before purchase.The pic s look great but Red Zds report shows it in a very poor light. I am sure some TLC would sort it but I think its clearly way over price, :) best wishes woolleysox

SteveChilds
10-10-2009, 03:13 PM
The value of 260s must have gone up, your's isn't the only one I've seen around the 9-10K mark. I must have just timed it perfectly to get mine for £6.5K. Feeling very lucky right now! ;)

Have to say, that Poseidon one does look stunning, may pop over next week and have a nosey at it and take a few pics if that's OK?

But the seller of the Red one is having a joke if he won't go below 8 for that.