PDA

View Full Version : I am after a 260

Malkin61
27-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm getting a bit frustrated boo-hoo because I am after another 260 but every thread on here selling (and XPower forums) seems to be totally redundant. Really sorry for being narky but it's just frustrating,

Yes there are 260's on the market but I'd so much prefer to buy one of our wonderful beasts from an enthusiast than a garage.

So, does anyone know someone who wishes to sell one at this moment in time (once again sorry for being for narky).

Other than that keep enjoying your motors :)

Cheers

spunagain
27-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Hi Malkin

I guess the market for the 260s is getting quiet as those that have them want to keep them!

There's 3 on Pistonheads at the mo a couple look like private sellers but it's hard to tell!
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?s=365&dist=10&pc=&min=&max=&y1=&y2=&txt=260&px=&filter=TP&o=p&Submit=Search

good luck with the quest!

spartacus
28-08-2009, 08:17 AM
This one HERE (http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1203468.htm) belongs to V8Tony on this forum. He's had it a couple of years and I believe is only selling because he has to. I've seen it and it's good. A decent start point for you...

Phil
28-08-2009, 08:35 AM
This one HERE (http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1203468.htm) belongs to V8Tony on this forum. He's had it a couple of years and I believe is only selling because he has to. I've seen it and it's good. A decent start point for you...
Good call Mark. I have seen this car at MGFest 08 and it is a very nice example. Tony is a top guy too.

MG mad
29-08-2009, 05:08 AM
I know what you mean Malkin, we have money waiting here for thr right car but sods law being what it is, now we have the cash, the right cars not for sale... Worst part is, with the exchange rate as it is now, we can afford to spend a bit more than we could originally! Ah well...

obiwan
29-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Buy Tony's.

Frustration over.

Big smile back on your face.

Sorted!

If you've owned one before then you know you won't be disappointed!

spartacus
29-08-2009, 07:03 PM
I get the impression they have ignored my post :mad:. I know that 95% of my posts are worth ignoring but I thought this one was unreasonably helpful :rolleyes:

Perhaps I'll just go and have another beer...

MG mad
30-08-2009, 11:35 AM
I've not ignored it, I'd have bought Tony's car soon as it came up for sale, but for one thing... her who's money it is want's a tourer, so we wait, fingers, toes, arms, legs, ears and eyebrows crossed that one will come up soon.

SteveW
31-08-2009, 10:56 AM
I've not ignored it, I'd have bought Tony's car soon as it came up for sale, but for one thing... her who's money it is want's a tourer, so we wait, fingers, toes, arms, legs, ears and eyebrows crossed that one will come up soon.

A tourer appeared on Pistonheads yesterday if your interested.
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1219519.htm

Tim
31-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Thought you could sneak your first post here did you. ;)

Welcome aboard Steve, what are you looking for car wise?

A tourer appeared on Pistonheads yesterday if your interested.
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1219519.htm

SteveW
31-08-2009, 01:18 PM
At the moment I'm just window shopping really.
Currently have a TF which suits my needs perfectly most of the time, but mileage is creeping so have been considering something else with a bit more room as a second car, and have the yearn for 8 cylinders.
Perfect car would be an fairly unmolested SE saloon in anything other then silver or grey (nothing personal, just don't like those colours). My budget isn't huge and I'm in no hurry to buy, so just biding my time for the right car to come along at the price really.

woolleysox
31-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Hi Malkin a Green ZTT v8 260 27k on the clock looks a nice car. on Auto Trader £10 grand though. ouch :eek: and its not even an SE best wishes woolleysox

9111tiles
01-09-2009, 06:00 PM
My 260 might be up for sale (once I've viewed a Mustang on Thursday) its a Black Mk 2 SE, 06 with 21000 miles, just had new Quad pipes fitted (See photos on recent "Exhaust Thread" ,sounds like a V8 should.
PM me for more info
Regards
Clive

Tim
01-09-2009, 06:09 PM
My 260 might be up for sale (once I've viewed a Mustang on Thursday) its a Black Mk 2 SE, 06 with 21000 miles, just had new Quad pipes fitted (See photos on recent "Exhaust Thread" ,sounds like a V8 should.
PM me for more info
Regards
Clive

You've only had it a few weeks Clive! Why the change of heart?

9111tiles
01-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Tim,
I tried to buy this particular Mustang back in June but it sold whilst I pondered, its now back on sale. (I'm viewing this Thursday)
Can I really justify (to the wife) keeping both the 260 and a new Mustang ? Well yes normally I'd give it a dam good try !!!!! but because I already have a Mustang in the garage , I just know it's going to be difficult, some might say dam impossible !!!!!
I can almost hear her now "Why the hell do you need 3 cars, you can only drive one at once!!"

"Ye but no but"

So like I said earlier the 260 might be for sale shortly :(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Clive

Malkin61
02-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey All,

Sorry for posting then not replying. Just starting a new and massively different job and selling the house - so things are v hectic at the mo'

I've just pm'd Tony so hope fully something will happen :)

Also - I'm not that great at remembering my various sign-ons for the forums I;m on

Cheers

Ray

Tim
03-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Also - I'm not that great at remembering my various sign-ons for the forums I;m on

I hope the new job is not in IT :D

Good luck in the new job and house Ray

Nigel Lewis
04-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Don`t know what your budget is, but there is what looks like a very nice one just been put on pistionheads classifieds. Red, 26K miles and looks very well looked after. Don`t know if its anyones on here or not.
Sorry haven`t put a link up, but thats a bit beyond my computer skills:D

Phil
04-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Don`t know what your budget is, but there is what looks like a very nice one just been put on pistionheads classifieds. Red, 26K miles and looks very well looked after. Don`t know if its anyones on here or not.
Sorry haven`t put a link up, but thats a bit beyond my computer skills:D
Link to ad on Pistonheads (http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1226274.htm)

Malkin61
04-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Nooooooooooooooo - I missed it!! I would have snapped it up but have been soooo busy with a new job. Arrrgggggghhgghgh etc etc :mad:

Well - the search continues

woolleysox
04-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Malkin it was still available at around lunchtime today because I phoned the garage for some info. Its private sale for a Pal. Looks a super car but a bit pricey I think. I want a black ZTT v8 carnt aford it yet still working on it best wishes wooleysox :cool:

Keith
04-09-2009, 09:06 PM
That one has been on Autotrader for quite a while
Looks nice and shiny

MK1 SE

dobbo
10-09-2009, 11:17 AM
That red one is about £1k over priced hence why it hasn't sold yet. He wont budge on price either, I've tried him a few times and he's sticking to his guns.

I told him I'll speak to him again when he eventually drops the price, he'll be lucky to find a buyer up there because at the moment there are newer lower mileage cars for sale for less money.

John Newey
13-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Still got this one if you're interested? 2004 "04" Mk II MG ZT 260SE 4dr Poseidon Chromeactive. 32000 miles. Full SE spec and in lovely condition. Comes with full 12 months parts and labour warranty, full MOT and all usual dealer facilities available. One of maybe only 50(anyone know?) Monogram cars built. For sale at £9900.00

BigA
13-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Can we have a picture please?

John Newey
13-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Ooh heck! I'll try and get some done tomorrow and post them.