PDA

View Full Version : Road angel with lifetime updates for sale

GeoffW
15-08-2009, 10:54 PM
I have an original Roadangel for sale which is about 6 years old, it works on GPS
and has fixed, average and mobile camera sites built in. Cost over 300 new but luckily I paid for lifetime updates which can be downloaded from a pc, the relative programme can be downloaded free from the company black spot interactive, you cannot now buy the lifetime downloads cheapest is 3 years at £ 129.00
The unit works fine, comes with all leads and transformer / instructions

The reason I am selling is that now I have changed computer that does not have a serial port I cannot download camera updates, even bought an adaptor
that goes from serial port to usb but the devise does not support this.

Its the roadangel classic , www.road-angel-gps.co.uk

£ 60.00 ono with free lifetime updates if you have serial port on your pc :) will go on ebay if unsold

SJR
16-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Geoff,
I am not sure which model this is on the website. Does it have any way of detecting mobile traps (laser)? I am also not sure what a serial port looks like, so I don't know if my computer has one. Any chance you could describe what I should be looking for? Will new computers not come with serial ports?
Thanks
SJR

eState Trooper
16-08-2009, 10:42 AM
It looks like this. May be marked as RS232 or IOIOI. Not to be confused with the blue VGA connector for an external monitor. Very few new computers, particularly laptops, come with one. Some USB convertors work and some don't. I use serial connectors a lot and it took me a long time to find a USB to Serial convertor that worked reliably.

http://www.dna.com.sg/digitalcctv/images/RS232map.gif

AndyG
16-08-2009, 10:43 AM
..............................I am also not sure what a serial port looks like, so I don't know if my computer has one. Any chance you could describe what I should be looking for? Will new computers not come with serial ports?
Thanks
SJR

This is the serial ports.
Also known as RS232

The 9 pin is more usual but the 25 pin was used on the Old computers. (25 pin configuration was also used as a parallel port, but female)

9 pin VGA is also female

GeoffW
16-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the Info chaps, the model is roadangel classic, you can get a lazer detector that plugs into it, Ill post a picture later

SJR
18-08-2009, 07:18 AM
Geoff,
I think I will pass on this, sorry.
SJR