PDA

View Full Version : Wheel and OSR light unit for mk 1 ZTT

kcv
10-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Has anyone got a wheel, any condition, any style, with or without tyre for sale. Just want it for a spare. I had a tyre shred last week whilst on a long journey so can of foam about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Fortunately my boy was with me in his ZT CDTi so borrowed his spare but don't want to get caught out again.
Also need a drivers side rear light for a mk 1 tourer as mine has a broken bracket.

AndyG
10-08-2009, 11:09 PM
:)
..............CDTi .......borrowed his spare........

Take care! the CDTi wheel is not strong enough for spirited driving.

Spare rear light? you will need to try the breakers. or new from Xparts.

JohnB
11-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Hi Keith,
I have a spare MK1 wheel (I think the design is called straights) with a knackered tyre on it sitting in the garage, not sure of its condition but could take a photo of it this eve for you.
I don't want anything for it, just take it away from Milton Keynes or I could bring it with me to the pub meal on the 29th.
Cheers, John.

kcv
11-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks John
I'll certainly take the wheel off your hands, as I said the condition isn't important as long as the rim is straight enough to keep the air in, I only want it as a spare for journeys away from my home area, if you are happy I would be grateful if you bring it on the 29th. If you don't want any cash for it your lunch is on me.
Keith

JohnB
11-08-2009, 09:26 PM
OK Keith, I'll bring it along on the 29th, glad it can be of use to somebody.
See you then, Cheers.
John.

tonybubble
12-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Has anyone got a wheel, any condition, any style, with or without tyre for sale. Just want it for a spare. I had a tyre shred last week whilst on a long journey so can of foam about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Fortunately my boy was with me in his ZT CDTi so borrowed his spare but don't want to get caught out again.
Also need a drivers side rear light for a mk 1 tourer as mine has a broken bracket.
SMC have got a new rear light on eBay for £34.99.
Regards, Tony.

kcv
12-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Andy
Sorry if I appeared rude by not acknowledging your e-mail above, thanks for the advice. The loan of the CDTi wheel was to get me home from the M25 near Heathrow, it was a "straight" of off a mk 1, did they differentiate between models when making straights or fitting them on the production line?
Keith

kcv
12-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Tony
Thanks for the tip, only trouble is I'm an Ebay (extreme) novice, I've never used Ebay before, and can't find any on there. Where do I need to go or what do I need to enter in the search box?
Any further help very much appreciated.
Keith

Stu C
12-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Tony
Thanks for the tip, only trouble is I'm an Ebay (extreme) novice, I've never used Ebay before, and can't find any on there. Where do I need to go or what do I need to enter in the search box?
Any further help very much appreciated.
Keith

Hi Keith, SMC has his own shop based on ebay.....

linky here for you :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-ZT-Rear-Lamp-R-H-BRAND-NEW-A18_W0QQitemZ200332995555QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2ea4c6ebe3&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

kcv
12-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Thank you Stuart
Now the proud owner of a new rear light :). I wish that I had known about this club and its forums when I had my previous 260, it would never have gone. The helpfulness and friendliness of people that I have never met, united only by the joy of owning a particular model of car amazes me. :D

ColinE
12-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Thank you Stuart
Now the proud owner of a new rear light :). I wish that I had known about this club and its forums when I had my previous 260, it would never have gone. The helpfulness and friendliness of people that I have never met, united only by the joy of owning a particular model of car amazes me. :D

Just about covers it I'd say :hug

AndyG
12-08-2009, 11:22 PM
.............................did they differentiate between models when making straights or fitting them on the production line?
Keith

There are only 3 or 4 wheels aproved for the 260s/RoverV8, I do not know which other than, Apex, 11 spokes, ??

mikpeirce
13-08-2009, 08:03 AM
There are only 3 or 4 wheels aproved for the 260s/RoverV8, I do not know which other than, Apex, 11 spokes, ??

Apex's, 11 spokes, straights and the Rover V8 Vortex's are the only ones I know are definately rated.

Tim
13-08-2009, 10:03 AM
It sounds like John has the 15 spoke straight which is also okay for our cars.

As I understand it the only wheel not rated in the hairpin wheel but I have my suspicions about the gridspoke wheel which looks a bit weak for our cars.

kcv
14-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the heads up on SMC trading. Ordered at 10 wed evening and delivered at 12.30 today (friday), good service is still alive.
Keith

ColinE
14-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the heads up on SMC trading. Ordered at 10 wed evening and delivered at 12.30 today (friday), good service is still alive.
Keith

I've had many dealings with SMC and rate them as the best supplier I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with either in my personal or professional life