PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: My 260 #390 (Sob, Sob!)

juzza0
20-07-2009, 11:31 AM
It's with great regret that I have to sell my prized Mk2 ZT 260 V8 SE+ (#390) and the winner of the 75 and ZT clubs 2009 Gryphon Award.

The car was originally built for John Edwards (MGR Director and one of the original Phoenix four) before passing onto Mark Baxter (Buying Manager for the SMC Group & MGR dealer) and then onto me. Along with a full complete service history there is a letter from MGR to prove its ownership and a copy of the V5 showing the same. This car has been pampered and cleaned meticulously and has had any work done, no expense spared. It's a real collectors car having covered only 9,000 miles.

The car is of SE specification, so includes: electric, heated leather seats, hi-line navigation and TV with teletext, 6 Disc CD changer, xenon headlights, 4 electric windows, cruise control, traction control, front, side and head airbags, 18" Apex alloys with shadow chrome finish (in very good condition with very good Continental Sport contact 2 tyres all round) Electric sunroof, message centre/trip computer, auto dimming rear view mirror, auto wipers, rear parking sensors, traffic master, heated washer jets and battery back-up alarm.
In addition to the SE spec it also has the SE Plus pack which includes: Driver's electric seat memory, power fold door mirrors and Harman Kardon sound upgrade including sub.

Other options fitted include: Monogram Bittersweet paintwork and the all important X-Power Exhaust system which sounds fantastic (and makes you smile like mad!)

The car is still in immaculate showroom condition. The next service is the cheap oil change (due in about 3000 miles time) and the car is MOT'd until April 2010.

What is amazing is that the road tax is capped at £215 per year now and that's exactly the same as my ZTT Diesel Auto!!! During my ownership the car has normally returned about 300 miles to a tank too on a mix of driving.

I am having to sell the car due to losing my job several months ago and having still not been able to find work. The car comes with an alloy spare (in new unused condition) and the private number plate V8 MGV (Valued at £1000 to £1500) if sold for around £11,500. The price can be negotiated with or without number plate.

I really only want to let the car go to an enthusiast who will look after and take good care of it (and give me first refusal to buy it back should they ever decide to sell it on)

Please PM me for contact details or for further information.

Justin.

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/gallery/albums/500/medium/V8_1.jpg (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=906&size=big&cat=&ppuser=6686&sl=j)

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/gallery/albums/500/medium/V8_2.jpg (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=907&size=big&cat=&ppuser=6686&sl=j)

Phil
20-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Shame you're having to sell Justin, but a fabulous car for somebody.
Good luck with the job hunting.

SteveChilds
20-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Wow, sorry to hear about your sale Justin, hope you can find a job in time to keep it, or find your way back to 260 heaven later.

I have seen this car, as I expect many others have - its stunning.

Tim
20-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Such a shame Justin. Like Steve said, I do hope you can find a job before the car is sold. :(

Stu C
20-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Sorry to hear this Justin! - Doesnt matter if you dont want to answer like, but what is your line of work, just encase anyone knows of something?

juzza0
21-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Sorry to hear this Justin! - Doesnt matter if you dont want to answer like, but what is your line of work, just encase anyone knows of something?
I'd do anything at the moment (within reason of course!) But over the last 12 years i've spent 8 years in car audio retail/trade management and for the last 4 years i've managed an aluminium shop front and automatic door business. I actually started life out designing roads for a civil engineering consultant too, which i spent 5 years doing before following my passion for cars and car audio & a/v stuff. If anyone knows anyone that can use me please let me know :)

Dougie
21-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Bloody 'ell Justin ! Is there no other way, so you can keep the car?

I feel for you mate, having been made redundant myself end of last month.

All the best mate, I hope something comes up very soon. You have a beautiful car there.

SH4RKY
21-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Pimp it out for weddings and events? turn it into a taxi.... errmmm become a high speed courier? anything to keep it!

black olive
21-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Oh eck, what a terrible decision to have to make. hope things pick up

salamander
21-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Justin I feel for you mate!

You have a car there that is not replacable if you sell. Its a one off being built to a MGR directors requirements and all the history that goes with it.

As with everybody else here, I do hope you find a job soon to enable you to keep the car.

Good luck with the job hunting.

juzza0
21-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Thanks for your kind words guy's. It's great to have your support. The Two-Sixties has to be the friendliest club in existence!

stevemiller
22-07-2009, 12:54 AM
I'll buy an extra line on the lotto today for you and well go half'ers if it comes up. Sad news indeed. I post the numbers to you in pm tomorrow.

Steve.

juzza0
22-07-2009, 10:02 AM
I'll buy an extra line on the lotto today for you and well go half'ers if it comes up. Sad news indeed. I post the numbers to you in pm tomorrow.

Steve.
Thanks Steve :)

BRM494
22-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Hi Justin, Hope you can Hang on to it !

It was you who noticed we were consecutive, me 389 and you 390, but get this, consecutive plates too !!! You V8 MGV and me V8 MGU !!! :eek::eek:

Hope things change and you can keep the car.

Best regards,
Bruce.

juzza0
24-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Hi Guys,

Well the car sold last night to someone i know will look after it. He is definitely the right person to look after the car as he currently has 2 MG's both with monogram touches, i know he will be joining the club soon and attending the odd show with it too. I'm sure he will announce himself soon.

Can i say a big thank you to everyone for your comments and support, the Two-sixties has to be the friendliest club around. I will stay on the forums to help anyone if i can and to keep in touch with everyone. Hopefully there will be another 260 in my future :)

At least i've still got my monogram ZTT CDTi so i will hopefully see some of you at a show soon.

Thank you all again, what a great bunch of folks you are!

Justin.

Phil
24-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Well, a good result for you under the circumstances Justin.
Hopefully you will be back with another 260 in the not too distant future.
All the best and good luck.

Phil

colintf
24-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Hope it works out for you soon mate, and that your not too long without a 260.

Don't be a stranger on here - see you at MG Fest?

:cool:

bleeperman
24-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Sad loss in both respects, hope the new owner appreciates it and didnt squeeze too hard.

Tim
24-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Glad you have the best result for the times you are in. During the last few years I tend to feel who will come back and who will not and do get the feeling you will have another 260 Justin.

Keep visiting :hug

Hi Guys,

Well the car sold last night to someone i know will look after it. He is definitely the right person to look after the car as he currently has 2 MG's both with monogram touches, i know he will be joining the club soon and attending the odd show with it too. I'm sure he will announce himself soon.

Can i say a big thank you to everyone for your comments and support, the Two-sixties has to be the friendliest club around. I will stay on the forums to help anyone if i can and to keep in touch with everyone. Hopefully there will be another 260 in my future :)

At least i've still got my monogram ZTT CDTi so i will hopefully see some of you at a show soon.

Thank you all again, what a great bunch of folks you are!

Justin.

ColinE
24-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Sure you'll be back soon - hope things sort themselves out asap

Thanks for all the help and support - very much appreciated :hug

Zeb
24-07-2009, 11:33 PM
Justin...anytime you get the urge for a blast in a 260...just give me a call...:hug

juzza0
26-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Justin...anytime you get the urge for a blast in a 260...just give me a call...:hug
Thanks Zeb, will do :) :D

Hopefully i won't be too long without a 260! I'm hoping i can get to MG Fest to catch up with some of you too :)

colintf
26-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Thanks Zeb, will do :) :D

Hopefully i won't be too long without a 260! I'm hoping i can get to MG Fest to catch up with some of you too :)

Good Man!

:cool:

cooltide
02-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Sorry to hear of your current woes.
PM sent re civils recruitment in your area

juzza0
10-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Sorry to hear of your current woes.
PM sent re civils recruitment in your area
Thanks Gavin :)

Malkin61
11-08-2009, 12:28 AM
Hiya

I've had two ZTs, the V6 2.5 and the glorious V8. loved them both. However, a couple of years ago while buying my wife a new Merc SLK 230 I was seduced by a SL500.. mmmmm..

So chopped mine in as well. But, I miss the unsubtle brute and that NOISE from the xpowers.

Now decided to lose the SL500 and get another 260. I've had Anthracite and Black Pearl so wanted another dark colour. But yours... love the flip colour. And you've sold it already you git!!!! :-)

Anyway good luck in your job search - been there myself. I was made redundant last Nov from my highly lucrative career as an IT Consultant. l've now become a teacher in Further Education. Ok the money's crap, but ye Gods is it sooooo satifying :-).

I digress - good luck and my sympathies for needing to sell it. Sincerely hope your luck improves.

Ray

juzza0
12-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Thanks Ray.... you have a PM (another dark colour :))