PDA

View Full Version : Whisling noise and Exhaust problem.

lynge
07-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Hello

I am the lucky owner of vin. nr. 738 Rover V8. I bought it in sweden 2 months ago.
I have a little problem. The heater fan has an whisling noise. Does any one know what to do ?
My car was fitted with exhaust from Ferrita - it made a terriple noise and im trying to find 2 new rear exhaust but want to have crome like ZT 260
Is it possible to buy ZT rear exhaust and does it fit on my car.

Lynge
Denmark

Tim
08-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Welcome Lynge man of taste ;)

I'm going to need your completed questionnaire before you can see the rest of the site please. :rolleyes:

You may have a dry bearing or the start of the fan motor going. There are posts on here on what to do. We can help you with the back boxes, you will be able to get the standard rears or pessling may be looking to sell his Zero's which are a high quality stainless steel quad exhausts. There are currently three types of exhausts, standards, Zero's and X-power but we are looking at Piper as well to replace the x-power. The noise level goes in the same order.

colintf
08-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Hello

I am the lucky owner of vin. nr. 738 Rover V8. I bought it in sweden 2 months ago.
I have a little problem. The heater fan has an whisling noise. Does any one know what to do ?
My car was fitted with exhaust from Ferrita - it made a terriple noise and im trying to find 2 new rear exhaust but want to have crome like ZT 260
Is it possible to buy ZT rear exhaust and does it fit on my car.

Lynge
Denmark

Hi and welcome!

I drove through Denmark twice in the past couple of weeks!!

:cool:

colintf
09-07-2009, 07:25 PM
If you can wait till mid September, and go to this event http://www.mgfim.eu/ and join another 5-6 of us V8's there, I could bring whatever exhaust back boxes you buy from the UK to there for you. Before you say it's a lomg way to go, I know of several MG's coming from Sweden for this event ;)

lynge
09-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Thankyou - im still trying to get 2 new exhaust build at a compagny called One Two Pipes in Denmark but 2 times i have returned the eshaust - theres a tererible deep sound fra 17oo to 2100 rpm. Then after 2100 it disappears.
May i have to buy 2 new original rear exhausts.

Lynge Denmark

colintf
09-07-2009, 09:18 PM
sounds like resonance.

Standard ZT back boxes are plentiful over here. A lot of people have them left over from fitting XPowers / Zero's.

My offer stands if needed!!

Ralph Gustafsson
09-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Dear Lynge,

Congratulations to your new car, it´s a great one! I know, because I drove that specific car some months ago. I don´t think the sound (I heard it too!) depends on the type of exhaust pipes. As far as I can see it´s a resonance/vibration problem. I think the pipes comes to close to something underneeth the car.

Best wishes from Ralph in Stockholm

lynge
10-07-2009, 06:59 AM
Thanks for your letter. So you have been driving my car ? It must be when Macus owned it. Do you know if the Ferritta Exhaust was fitted on the car when you drove it ? You are right that it seems to be resonance but its so ekstreme and sekond time i got my rear exhaust from One Two pipe i was better but not accepteble at all. It could be nice to know if the problem was there before Marcus chanched the Original exhaust to Ferritta.

Friske Hilsner
Lynge
Billund
Danmark.

SH4RKY
10-07-2009, 06:19 PM
I assume your car is a MG ZT and not a Rover 75?

The 75s have down turned exhausts and no cut outs in the bumper so a ZT exhaust wont fit.

Ralph Gustafsson
10-07-2009, 06:56 PM
I testdrove the car when it was for sale. Yes, Marcus was the owner and the Ferritas exhaust system was fitted. I have one of the two swedish ZT-T 260:ies, Vin number 741 (very close to yours!). I have no resonance problem at all with my standard exhaust. I hope you can solve your problem.

All the best,

Ralph

lynge
10-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Yes my car i a 75 V8 SE but the owner before me made the cut in the rear bumper at put on two rear exhaust made by a compagny named Ferritta in sweden. My problem is that i like the 4 pipes but the soun is very high bass an im trying to find some rearexhaust that fits and i so silence that i can hear Beethoven when im driving.

The 75s have down turned exhausts and no cut outs in the bumper so a ZT exhaust wont fit.[/quote]