PDA

View Full Version : Mk1 SE Supercharged V8 for sale

ackroman
20-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Hi all,

I've been living in the sticks for 18 months now and have found it more practical to leave the V8 at home and use the 4x4.

So with reluctance I have decided to let the V8 go. It has 82K on the clock and approx. 5k since the blower was fitted by dreadnought.

I've had it 4.5 years and bought it straight from MGR. In that time it's been my daily runner and hence the mileage.

However do not let this put off any potential buyers. The oil has been changed every 5K, and Brian Luti assured me that the compression figures he recorded show less than 1% loss across all cylinders (apparently this is impressive). It has had the aircon compressor replaced at about 20K (and blows nice and cold), the heater valve replaced at roughly the same time(and blows nice and hot) and the clutch uprated to a cobra unit when the slave cylinder went at 70K.

The coolant was replaced by myself at 50K, and also the front pads and discs at roughly the same time.

It has a good black leather interior, not perfect but still excellent. Satnav, CD changer, heated seats.

It also has the Xpower boxes but I think I have the originals somewhere.

The paintwork is good but there are a couple of small chips on the bonnet, a small ding on the rear nearside quarter and 2 trolley scrapes on the offside front and rear bumpers. The paintwork is cellestial blue metallic. I could repair the problems and ensure a sale using a smart repairer but an enthusast may wish to source original paint, so I am prepared to take a good offer.

The only other niggle with it is a slight vibration at about 1,500 revs. I never even noticed it but Brian Luti suspects it's the gearbox input shaft that was probably affected when Farnells Guiseley (the useless g*ts) stressed it slightly fitting the new clutch. Nothing to worry about, not irritating just slightly different to this car.

So. What do I want? Wel truth be know I don't know. the car without the blower is probably worth £5-6K? With the blower it has to offer a competitive price against an enthusiast upgrading for new.

I'm not desperate to sell but I do think its a shame for this superb machine to sit on the drive all the time.

With the paint and vibration I'd have to knock £500 off so overall I think £10K?

BUT, I'm open to offers.

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/gallery/albums/500/medium/car_oct_006.JPG
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/gallery/albums/500/medium/car_oct_009.JPG

more pictures can be found in the gallery.

havoc1
28-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Good luck with the sale. I considered a supercharger for mine but felt it just wouldn't be worth the cost come resale time. FWIW I think you will struggle to get more than 8k in this climate unless you find a very motivated buyer.

precious metal
29-06-2009, 04:45 PM
very rare nice car, although i think if your are wanting to acually sell it its worth £4-£4.5k in its value as a std car with its high mileage and maybe add £3k max extra for the S/C, so around £7k-£7.5k max is what i think is a fair price.

so i think your £10k is unfortunately quite optimistic plus i am not sure someone will part with that sort of money with an iffy gearbox (vibration)

goodluck anyway

James

havoc1
29-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Can the supercharger be removed and sold separately? Might make more money that way.

SteveChilds
29-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Pretty sure it includes internal engine work too.

GeoffW
29-06-2009, 08:59 PM
No internal engine work is needed, just unbolt and remove, fit standard injectors
and standard inlet manifold, etc., etc., only thing is the standard map will need to be remapped into the car I guess, like you say as its done a few miles probably best to sell blower kit separately, just a shame there's the vibe issue , would put off most interested parties, otherwise a minter with a blower has to be worth getting on for £ 11 K I guess Brian can give a price to put back to standard and then keep the kit there for the new doner car, at least you would get good interest in the blower kit :)

SteveChilds
30-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Yeah, just read that on Dreadnought's site. I don't know, for £6K, I'd have expected internal work as well, tbh. (Indeed, thought there was).

Especially as you can get the kits quite "cheaply" out in the States, obviously Brian's price includes fitting though and you don't get a nasty Customs and Excise bill either! lol

Although reading on SHM's website, there are some tasty more powerful versions of the KB charger that do need internal work! (gulp!)

Edit: Looked at Keene Bell's own site and whilst the kits are cheaper, you would get whacked for the import duties etc.. All said, once that's added on you wouldn't save that much with the DIY route. Although I also found out you can get upto around 682bhp kits - eek.

Anyway, I digress your thread - sorry about that.

FWIW, its probably better leaving it on anyway. You'd probably get less for the charger kit on its own anyway. Just don't expect someone to pay what you paid for it, mods rarely add much to the value of a car. This will add more than most, but probably only 50% of the original cost, if that.

Either way, if you're in no rush that's fine, someone may nibble in the end...

ackroman
01-07-2009, 01:13 PM
thanks for all the comments.

Just MOT'd it yesterday (straight through) and put on 6 months tax, and am driving from North Yorks to London to give it a blast instead of chugging in the diesel. Man it's a lot of fun!

I can see that I'm not going to get a lot for it, and I guess £10K was optimistic but sometimes you have to lay down a marker to see what you can get.

With the mileage it's got, it would never be perfect (not with me driving it anyway), but it is a sorted machine and I certainly won't be taking the blower off. The cost wouldn't add up!! The gearbox is un-noticable to me (wish I hadn't mentioned it!) and for this kind of money perfection isn't available anyway. The gears are smooth, and the clutch excellent.

So, I will be putting it on ebay when I return from holiday in 2 weeks.
Note, the reserve will reflect your comments and the economic climate, although it may end up as a part ex. for a Range Rover based on the valuations!

Focus money for M5 performance, what is the world coming to!

ProtoZT
01-07-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm not wishing to talk the value down at all what else can you buy less than £10K with power, comfort and trim with enthusiasts in waiting. The supercharger is not fitted overnight so £3000 min on resale seems reasonable + a base car value of £6-7K.
Vibration needs to be sorted....

Paul

SteveTD
02-07-2009, 08:45 AM
S-Type R Jag, XJR, BMW M5, 300c 5.7 V8, Audi S4, VW Passat W8 - any no doubt a few more ;)

havoc1
02-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Indeed - plenty of E39 M5s around for less than 10k now eg:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1118581.htm

Peter260
19-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Not sure how your sales plans ended.
Should you decide to put the car on ebay or otherwise will you let us know?

I would be tempted as a backup car (with a briliant excuse to get a supercharger installed).

ColinE
12-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Out of interest - did you manage to sell her

SH4RKY
14-09-2009, 01:38 PM
hmm... managed to miss this thread. Quite shocked it wasnt snapped up immediately.

Keith
14-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Maybe it has ;)

SH4RKY
15-09-2009, 01:12 PM
:) Now if you picked it up for the same price you sold me yours....

haha, well played that man ;)

Keith
15-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Not far off the mark Ian
It was always going to be a ZTT but then along came our Diesel Grand Scenic as we have the occasional need for 7 seats so no need to look for a Tourer anymore.

So it was then a matter of selling my 75 Tourer and waiting for a SC car to turn up in any guise.

If anyone is after a toy I now need the garage space so this will have to go soon

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m91/alexank/Cars/E30%20Cabriolet/E30Cabriolet004.jpg