PDA

View Full Version : New here, prospective owner!

bernard lpg
07-05-2009, 12:18 AM
Hi everyone! Some familiar names on here and some may know me from other places.
My long held ambition hopefully is soon to be realised as a result of the recent Cosford gathering, when one of the V8s pulled off in front of us, just outside the gate at the end of the meeting. Mrs L was about to vent some expletives when the car in front sat down on its rear bumper, gave a roar and disappeared! Mrs L said "Wow! I fancy one of those!" :love
So 5 years of pleading was as nothing compared to 5 seconds of thunder.
The search is now on.
It will go on LPG, of course. I have the kit waiting!

Tim
07-05-2009, 09:12 AM
Welcome Bernard I noticed your post on 75&ZT site. Your wife has very good taste. :D

colintf
07-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Hi and welcome!

good to see you over here from over there!

:cool:

ksilver
07-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Bernard, It'll be great to have some LPG expertise on here.

Belcher
07-05-2009, 09:45 PM
So who was the drag racer then? Couldnt have been me cuss I was following Max! You'll have that Mr meeting Marshall chappy finger wagging again :D

bernard lpg
07-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome Bernard I noticed your post on 75&ZT site. Your wife has very good taste. :D

Not so sure, as she chose me! :rolleyes:

Hi and welcome!

good to see you over here from over there!

:cool:

About time, I think. :)

Bernard, It'll be great to have some LPG expertise on here.

I've been at it 12 years so may have picked up a little by now, but don't count on it! ;)

So who was the drag racer then? Couldnt have been me cuss I was following Max! You'll have that Mr meeting Marshall chappy finger wagging again :D

It was just outside the main gate, pulling off from the side of the road. So safe from the Sheriff. I can't even remember the colour (so probably silver (oops!)), as I was looking at the twin exhausts at the time. :eek:

Questions will no doubt follow.

Zeb
26-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Beat you to it Bernard...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d51/Zebedeedooday/009-1.jpg

bernard lpg
26-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Beat you to it Bernard...

I think that gloating is one of man's least attractive attributes.:duck

You very nearly didn't as it happened, I almost weakened over a ZT last week but decided to hold out for a 75 because of the auto box.

Looks nice though, I have to say and I am pretty envious regardless.

Contemporary
27-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Hi Bernard :) Holding out for a 75 V8 - clearly you share my love of refinement and taste ;) (only joking guys, honest:eek:)

Welcome; I look forward to reading all about your new acquisition in the near future.

Mike

Zeb
27-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Hello Bernard....fancy seeing you here!:p
I think that gloating is one of man's least attractive attributes.:duck True, but I do it so well mate..:D

You very nearly didn't as it happened, I almost weakened over a ZT last week but decided to hold out for a 75 because of the auto box. It wasn't the black one over at Coalville was it?

Looks nice though, I have to say and I am pretty envious regardless.She looks lovely next to the ZT-T 190...;)

juzza0
27-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Welcome Bernard, good to see you over here too.

Good luck with the hunt and you know we're here if you need any help :)

GED
27-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Bernard, if you change your mind and could cope with a manual, I have an xpower grey SE with black int that will be up for sale!

bernard lpg
27-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Bernard, if you change your mind and could cope with a manual, I have an xpower grey SE with black int that will be up for sale!

Please do not tempt me! Especially if it's a pre-face lift in non boy-racer colour. :3)

Zeb, I don't love you any more! :O)

I still don't know who took off in front of us at Cosford. I owe you!

Zeb
27-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Please do not tempt me! Especially if it's a pre-face lift in non boy-racer colour. :3)

Zeb, I don't love you any more! :O)

I still don't know who took off in front of us at Cosford. I owe you!

On a serious note Bernard, if you are concerned about the harder ride, don't be...I have a Scholl heated car seat and back massager in the 190 for the long journeys and with that in, I can't tell much difference from the 75....except it goes around corners properly of course!

bernard lpg
27-05-2009, 10:42 PM
On a serious note Bernard, if you are concerned about the harder ride, don't be...I have a Scholl heated car seat and back massager in the 190 for the long journeys and with that in, I can't tell much difference from the 75....except it goes around corners properly of course!

Would that be the massager you brought back from Thailand?
Equally seriously, I don't find the ZT particularly hard a ride compared to my Honda Legend Coupe for example. It's the manual box and clutch which I find a chore, especially in a hold-up in traffic.

Zeb
27-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Would that be the massager you brought back from Thailand?
Equally seriously, I don't find the ZT particularly hard a ride compared to my Honda Legend Coupe for example. It's the manual box and clutch which I find a chore, especially in a hold-up in traffic.

Ummm.... you USE the gears???? Why take it anywhere where there is traffic...;)

bernard lpg
28-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Ummm.... you USE the gears???? Why take it anywhere where there is traffic...;)

We don't all live in the Boondocks! :D
We at least see the occasional tractor in the middle of road which neccessitates a gearchange.

Oh! I forgot. I'm not speaking to you, I'm still off in a huff. :p

John Newey
31-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Hi Bernard, if you insist on having one of those automatic thingys, then give Rover Ron a ring at Best of British Darlaston-don't have the number, but it'll be on the net. He's got a Pearl Black 75 V8 Tourer done 19000mls on "05" plate. He did have it for sale a while back. Just one thing-you can't have it supercharged and there is one reason not to have one!:D

bernard lpg
10-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Hi Bernard, if you insist on having one of those automatic thingys, then give Rover Ron a ring at Best of British Darlaston-don't have the number, but it'll be on the net. He's got a Pearl Black 75 V8 Tourer done 19000mls on "05" plate. He did have it for sale a while back. Just one thing-you can't have it supercharged and there is one reason not to have one!:D

Not a good idea for me to have a Tourer really (although I'd love it) as I would be putting bags of cement in the back. :eek:
I try to keep a tatty Merc Estate for that kind of job but I wouldn't want to drive it any more given a Tourer on the drive.
Hey! I could get a monster LPG tank in the back of a Tourer! ;)