PDA

View Full Version : Long shot -Xpowers - when someone sells....

Stu C
27-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Ill be here waiting with cash :) and a pair of standard back boxes i have in the shed if anyone is thinking of selling and putting standards back on ;)

Thanks all

Stu

Max260
27-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Go and get some powerflows on...... Better sound :D

GeoffW
27-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Stu, Have you tried Best of British rover, premier, brown and Gammon and Rimmer Bros ? there must be a set gathering dust somewhere

Stu C
28-04-2009, 02:53 PM
I tried Rimmer, and according to the part.com they only have the left hand side!? Good idea on trying BoB and Gammons.

I saw premier had some on their web site for the clearace deals, but rang them and all gone now!

Max - What did you ask for when building the system? in terms of noise etc....

Edit- Just rang rimmers, they only have the Left one in stock! :rolleyes::funny

Max260
28-04-2009, 04:24 PM
I tried Rimmer, and according to the part.com they only have the left hand side!? Good idea on trying BoB and Gammons.

I saw premier had some on their web site for the clearace deals, but rang them and all gone now!

Max - What did you ask for when building the system? in terms of noise etc....

Edit- Just rang rimmers, they only have the Left one in stock! :rolleyes::funny

I asked them to go and hear the examples of the zeros and x-powers on youtube and said I wanted something with a deeper note and not quite so loud as the x-power. I also said that I wanted a similar shape to x-powers (they do not do twin pipes) and no reverberation across the revs range and last of all was the classic V8 rumble and gurgle when deaccelarating.

You've seen and heard mine so that will give you an idea, and the best bit is that if it is not to your liking they will change or adjust . Used powerflows for sometime now in cars and never had any reason to doubt. They came up with the goods and I have got exactly what I want.

Don't forget that when they are fitted the tone/note will change slightly as the exhaust beds in.

Several people said at Cosford that they preferred the powerflows to the x-power sound - interesting?????

Max

Herman
28-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Not sure if they are in stock, but at least they're listed on the website.

http://shop.mg-rover.org/shop/131_421_0/mg/mg_zt/performance/xpower_thruflo_exhaust/index.html

pessling
28-04-2009, 07:32 PM
they are x parts, who are the zedwarehouse so that would be a no

obiwan
28-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Ill be here waiting with cash :) and a pair of standard back boxes i have in the shed if anyone is thinking of selling and putting standards back on ;)

Thanks all

Stu

Do you want to sell your standards??

SteveChilds
30-04-2009, 10:47 AM
they are x parts, who are the zedwarehouse so that would be a no

Nope - xpart and zwarehouse hold different stock, the stuff from the xpart shop comes from Xpart in Desford, the zwarehouse stock is what they've got in stock at premier.

Stu C
30-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Nope - xpart and zwarehouse hold different stock, the stuff from the xpart shop comes from Xpart in Desford, the zwarehouse stock is what they've got in stock at premier.

Oo now that is interesting as i thought the same as Peter! :D

Stu C
02-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Well i picked a pair uptoday and fitted them.... WOW! :D - on tick over due to the cams it makes the rumble on tickover even more better :toast

pessling
02-05-2009, 06:31 PM
where you get them from Stu, and what you pay?

Stu C
02-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Jules pm'd me and we sorted out a deal :D - I had a new pair of back box's in the shed as i bought them just after i got the car (i thought there was a blow on the box) but there wasnt :Duh - so i gave him them and some money and was all good to go :)

Went to the local tyre place to get a bolt for his other boxes, and i asked if he could fit mine whilst i was there and he did, that was his beer money for the weekend ;) and saved me crawling all over the drive :thumb

Merl
06-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Glad you got a set sorted Stu :D We will make a very entertaining sound in Holland for all those TF owners ;)

Stu C
06-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Glad you got a set sorted Stu :D We will make a very entertaining sound in Holland for all those TF owners ;)

Definatly! :cool:

Tim
07-05-2009, 09:12 AM

Boys boys boys, not content with buzzing the RAF a few weeks ago you want to do it on the continent now. :shock:Duh:toast

SH4RKY
08-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Its allowed when you have a V8.

Coming back from climbing in wales last night a fiesta pulled into the car park with a 'phat' exhaust. I kid you not when I say it sounded like a bubble machine or something. It was the most odd high pitched popping noise ive ever heard coming from a car... just weird.

Little disappointed we were in a friends C1 and not my 260 :( :D ;)